Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 12:39 PM

17,582 posts, read 13,362,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
LOL. This sounds more like a back hand compliment to Holiday Inn Express.

Holiday Inn Express is considered "camping" by MrsM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 12:58 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No luxury suite on the airplane?

More likely Donny just making a lame attempt at appearing to be a 'man of the people'.
I was thinking that same thing. We're supposed to believe he stayed in a motel when his luxury plane was in town. Not likely.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:59 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He's used to the finer things in life but as Sarah Palin said, he's not an elitist. He's doing what it takes and is working endlessly during his campaign. This gives us a view into how he will work tirelessly to restore this country.
Nah, it gives us the same view we've had for many, many years of how he'll work tirelessly to promote himself, nothing more.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:01 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Holiday Inn Express is considered "camping" by MrsM
Wonder if he availed himself of continental breakfast. I am sure he made a mess of those Belgian waffle machines.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:02 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I was thinking that same thing. We're supposed to believe he stayed in a motel when his luxury plane was in town. Not likely.
May be you are not allowed to sleep in the plane on the ground?

Old 01-25-2016, 01:04 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
Lets See.
  • Hillary Spends $60M on campaign
  • Trump Spends $5M on campaign
  • Both are now statistically tied. In fact Hillary, was 20pts ahead
Who do you want running the finances of the USA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Easy! Not Trump. There is more to being a president than just how much money he/she can rob from Paul to pay Peter. I'd list what I want in a president but you're really not interested anyway so I'll just say that Trump is the opposite in every way to what I'm looking for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear. That wasn't the question. Hillary's supporters, at least the one's who can only talk about Trump, seem loath to admit it.
Kitty, dear, you asked, "who do you want running the finances of the USA" and I answered "Not Trump." How is that not answering your question? There were no other posts in between yours and mine. I answered yours. Too bad if you don't like my answer. I may not know at this point in time who I want for president but I sure as heck know exactly who I don't want in the wide open field.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 01-25-2016 at 01:14 PM..

Old 01-25-2016, 01:33 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Being proud of your wealth doesn't make you an elitist.

Believing power and wealth should be in a small number of hands is being an elitist. Trump has refused money from special interest groups who own all the other candidates, and has repeatedly said he works for the American people's interests. The little people as you put it.

The only way for him to prove his words true, is to win the election and show us he means it. Can't judge until after that.
Wow, he said that?! What a complete 180 from what presidential candidates typically say! :roll eyes:

What was that about Trump not wanting wealth and power concentrated at the top? So much for that notion. Here's his tax plan. In typical GOP fashion, it mostly favors the wealthy: Donald Trump's Tax Plan Would Make the Rich Richer, Uncle Sam Poorer - Fortune

Here he is lamenting wages in this country--they're too high in his opinion. In order to compete with the dreaded Chinese, we need wages comparable to theirs. So "deh businesses don't leave". Trump: I never said wages are too high - POLITICO

Just because Trump bashes minorities, mocks women and the handicap, and has children singing war anthems at his rallies, doesn't make him ant-establishment. He's anything but.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:41 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Trump is the epitome of an elitist--he loves nothing more than to tell us little people of his opulent and extravagant lifestyle. If he isn't bragging about his bank balance, he isn't happy.

In many ways, Trump is the posterchild of the wealthy Baby Boomer yuppie from Manhattan. The fact that he wears a trucker cap at his rallies and speaks like a 4th-grader does little change his image.
Bloomberg's net worth: $40B

Trumpf's net worth: $8B

I'd love to see Bloomberg enter just to see him rub that he's x8 more wealthy than "I'm Really Rich" Donald.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:34 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gregory View Post
Maybe WaldoKitty keeps a database of every poster and the candidates they support?
I'm beginning to believe that is true. Or, a database of everyone who doesn't support trump, and assumes that they support someone they are 'ashamed' to divulge. I wonder if waldokitty spends hours with the mouse poised over other candidate's names, trying to click that 'supports' field next to a name... oh gawd... what name is it!

Why does waldokitty think that people who are not divulging who they support, if indeed they have decided yet who they support, are ashamed? Or that is it any of waldokitty's business? Who made waldokitty the hall monitor for CD? One of the great mysteries of the universe, and my bet is that we will never know the answer.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:35 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
But wait... didn't staying at a Holiday Inn Express make him smarter? We are all doomed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections