Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times

Advertisements

Congressman Paul Cosponsors "Combat Veterans Debt Elimination Act" (http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press2008/pr020608.htm - broken link)

Ron Paul has introduced a lot of legislation like this one. It's a shame that the families of fallen soldiers are required to repay loans to the government.

We all know McCain's legislation (campaign finance, immigration). We know how Hillary voted on the war. Obama is present. Romney, well it depends on what day it is as to how he feels about things. What positive things have your candidates done to help Americans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 09:30 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Don't know about Americans, but Paul doesn't like Koreans much...

2. H.CON.RES.46 : Expressing the sense of Congress that all United States Armed Forces should be withdrawn from South Korea and the United States should end its defense guarantee of South Korea.
Sponsor: Rep Paul, Ron [TX-14] (introduced 2/13/2003) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: House International Relations
Latest Major Action: 2/13/2003 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on International Relations

But he has a soft spot for Belarus...

62. H.R.3823 : To authorize the extension of nondiscriminatory treatment (normal trade relations treatment) to the products of Belarus.
Sponsor: Rep Paul, Ron [TX-14] (introduced 2/24/2004) Cosponsors (1)
Committees: House Ways and Means
Latest Major Action: 3/1/2004 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Trade.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Don't know about Americans, but Paul doesn't like Koreans much...
Americans. That's the topic of this thread, and both those bills would help us by reducing spending on a war that was over decades ago for us and getting rid of regulations dealing with trade. So what has Obama done?

Old 02-07-2008, 09:47 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Americans. That's the topic of this thread, and both those bills would help us by reducing spending on a war that was over decades ago for us and getting rid of regulations dealing with trade. So what has Obama done?
Actually, one would isolate us from northeast Asia and dump 140,000 ex-military into the domestic employment pool. The other would repay political contributors interested in improving import/export sweetheart agreements with Ron Paul's congressional district.

Obama has done neither. All he's done is to galvanize crowds on a daily basis that dwarf Ron Paul's entire constituency down there in Brazoria County, and given them hope that our republic can be re-energized through the efforts of the young and the hopeful -- not the isolationist and the embittered.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Actually, one would isolate us from northeast Asia and dump 140,000 ex-military into the domestic employment pool. The other would repay political contributors interested in improving import/export sweetheart agreements with Ron Paul's congressional district.

Obama has done neither. All he's done is to galvanize crowds on a daily basis that dwarf Ron Paul's entire constituency down there in Brazoria County, and given them hope that our republic can be re-energized through the efforts of the young and the hopeful -- not the isolationist and the embittered.
Hope. LOL. Change? LOL. What about actually doing something?

Old 02-07-2008, 09:56 AM

497 posts, read 1,567,354 times
I don't think Obama knows what Obama has done. He is afraid to debate Hillary again because he knows he will have to get specific on plans he doesn't have. The media has given Obama a free ride while no one knows anything about him. He's even more liberal than Hillary Clinton. In fact I really see Obama as the anti Christ. The bible says the Anti-Christ will be a "dark skin man from the East." Obama is a dark skin man and he's from the middle east. I know he's an American citizen but he grew up in the middle east.

I say this because even though he may not be The Anti-Christ the bible talks about he certainly is an anti-Christ. His stance on abortion is so abominable even pro abortion people attack him. He is so pro abortion that he feels a baby that has survived an abortion and is alive outside of the womb and is a viable human life breathing and crying outside the womb should be killed. No matter what your stance on abortion is he is so cold and cruel he would murder an innocent baby in cold blood just to further his political agenda.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:58 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
I don't think Obama knows what Obama has done. He is afraid to debate Hillary again because he knows he will have to get specific on plans he doesn't have. The media has given Obama a free ride while no one knows anything about him. He's even more liberal than Hillary Clinton. In fact I really see Obama as the anti Christ. The bible says the Anti-Christ will be a "dark skin man from the East." Obama is a dark skin man and he's from the middle east. I know he's an American citizen but he grew up in the middle east.

I say this because even though he may not be The Anti-Christ the bible talks about he certainly is an anti-Christ. His stance on abortion is so abominable even pro abortion people attack him. He is so pro abortion that he feels a baby that has survived an abortion and is alive outside of the womb and is a viable human life breathing and crying outside the womb should be killed. No matter what your stance on abortion is he is so cold and cruel he would murder an innocent baby in cold blood just to further his political agenda.
Yeah he's a christian!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:59 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,109,175 times
Quote:

Put down the bible and pick up a map.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:03 AM

497 posts, read 1,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Put down the bible and pick up a map.
Barak Hussein Obama grew up in Kenya with his father. Kenya is the middle east. Actually Africa but close enough.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:06 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,109,175 times
Quote:
Barak Hussein Obama grew up in Kenya with his father. Kenya is the middle east. Actually Africa but close enough.
He was born and spent most of his childhood in Hawaii. He spent 4 years in Indonesia. And I am in Canada. Well, actually Chicago, but close enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections