Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 09:06 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times

Advertisements

I really hate how voting in the US is designed to not actually let everyday voters have the say. The nonsense of delegates and then the electoral system. It's all designed to allow for blatant corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 09:07 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think we Trump fans, as awful as it might be, have to root for Hillary now. If she defeats Sanders I think Trump may get some of his voters. Even Trump says he and Sanders agree that the US is getting ripped off on trade but Trump says Sanders won't know how to fix it but he Trump can. Also, if the Sanders fans thinks she cheated twice, they won't go to Clinton.
Nope. I'll do a write-in vote instead.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
You are totally wrong. The 6 super delegates can choose whoever they want. These rules weren't made for this election cycle. They have been there for a long time.
The super delegates have pretty much been polled, and until they change their vote, most of them are saying they are going for Clinton..

Old 02-10-2016, 09:15 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The super delegates have pretty much been polled, and until they change their vote, most of them are saying they are going for Clinton..

Don't the realize she will be indicted in the next 60 days??? Bitter clingers I guess.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:20 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I know many Republican leaning independents in California. They will vote for Bernie because California has semi-closed primaries.
Californians must register as democrat or 'No Party Preference' to vote for Bernie! Since Cali is a deep blue state, therefore, they decided to vote for Bernie to keep king Hillary OUT.

Then, we can decide whom they are going to vote in general election.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
This is one more reason why the American people are fed up with the system and not voting for establishment candidates.
THat is a horrible argument for 2 reasons

The first one being that Bernie Sanders has only been a Democrat for 8 months, and decided he would participate in this system, no one forced him to. He obviously isnt going to gain the majority of support from a group he himself didnt support 8 months ago.

second, Being that Sanders has been elected to the federal government for something like 30 years. That doesnt make him an establishment candidate, but it means he knows how the system works and again, chose to be apart of it instead of running as an independent.

Bonus: Sanders is a superdelegate himself.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:57 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,629,344 times
Not important. Iowa was also attached against Bernie. Neither makes a difference and Bernie knows it. Was is important are good showings in Nevada and SC and of course Super Tuesday. I donated once again so Bernie had the funding to get the message or across the Super Tuesday states. Apparently his funding site erupted during his speech last night. I couldn't get through but was able to donate this morning. Hopefully he'll raise millions from small donations. Looks like he raised $2.5M last night.

ActBlue fundraising erupts after Sanders' win - POLITICO

http://www.politico.com/blogs/new-ha...sanders-219047

Last edited by richrf; 02-10-2016 at 10:14 AM..

Old 02-10-2016, 11:20 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I just saw on CNN how many delegates Hillary has and it is over 400 while Bernie has not even 100...unbelievable how bad the awarding seems to be handled.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
THat is a horrible argument for 2 reasons

The first one being that Bernie Sanders has only been a Democrat for 8 months, and decided he would participate in this system, no one forced him to. He obviously isnt going to gain the majority of support from a group he himself didnt support 8 months ago.
He's supported the (D)'s from the day he was elected. While I'm voting for him, his actual lack of Independence here made me think it over at first.

As it turns out he is the only candidate that might address my two biggest concerns. The banks and the wars.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:36 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I just saw on CNN how many delegates Hillary has and it is over 400 while Bernie has not even 100...unbelievable how bad the awarding seems to be handled.
Won't matter in the end. In NH Bernie won women 55-45 and got 49% of minorities--you can stick a fork in Hillary if those trends hold. Door wide open for Bloomberg to jump in as independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections