Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 02:27 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,350,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh for Gods sake, I didn't say he would last or get the nomination, I simply said he is being written off too soon maybe. Everyone said Trump couldn't do what he has done. He has showed us, politics isn't what it was 10, 20 or 30 years ago. Up to yesterday many were calling for Bush to hang it up, now some think he may be the establishment candidate, whatever heck that means? My point is, don't write anyone other than Carly and Carson off. There will be at least 3, maybe 4 still hanging in there until the primaries in May and June. If nothing else and Trump doesn't claw him to death, he could even be the VP. The biggest problem with that would be his immigration plan, versus Trumps impossible plan.
I didn't say you said that, I just questioned what you are basing your opinion on. Isn't that a fair question? Mine is based on historical fact from 4-, 8, 12 etc yrs ago. I never referenced 20 or 30 yrs ago so I'm not following you there.

Also, we are not talking about a time period before the primary season started, so there is nothing relevant about what people said about Trump BEFORE Iowa.

I'll state it again. No one has ever gotten the GOP nominee that didn't finish first in Iowa or NH. Never. Period. You top that off with Rubio trending the wrong way, there really is nothing but wishful thinking to suggest it is not time to write him off.

I'm sorry. Nothing really against Rubio just stating what appears to be pretty obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 02:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I cant stand Christie, but he is the one person who could give it to Donald Trump.
And yet he couldn't. It was said he "gave it to Paul" also but then Paul garnered more votes in Iowa than Christie.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:36 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And yet he couldn't. It was said he "gave it to Paul" also but then Paul garnered more votes in Iowa than Christie.
And Rubio garnered more votes that Christie in New Hampshire. Christie does inflict damage on those he attacks, but whatever votes they lose as a result are not going to him. Kasich, Bush,and Cruz need to thank Christie. The establishment will never support him... or respect him.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
You just described 99% of everything that has ever come out of Trump's mouth.
Probably so. I'm not voting for Trump.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:48 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
I just heard he hasn't officially packed it in just yet.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And Rubio garnered more votes that Christie in New Hampshire. Christie does inflict damage on those he attacks, but whatever votes they lose as a result are not going to him. Kasich, Bush,and Cruz need to thank Christie. The establishment will never support him... or respect him.
Even Vermin Supreme trolled him today.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:14 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rubio won't be far behind. Kasich may not make it to Michigan where he hopes to regain some momentum. Looks like it is Jeb!, Cruz, and Trump for the long haul. All that promise and coming down to those choices. Sad.
Rubio and Kasich aren't out yet. I think someone mentioned already, but Kasich is waiting for Michigan. Rubio could recover his footing. Christie and Carly dropping out will reset things a bit as is. the more drop out, the more it becomes a choice between Trump and "the other guy." I think Kasich could well end up as being seen as the adult in the room.

As for Christie, good riddens. I had just gotten over his fawning over Obama during the hurricane and was ready to give him another look, and then he lights up Rubio, who polls the best against Hillary. To hell with this guy for good.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:20 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,350,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Rubio and Kasich aren't out yet. I think someone mentioned already, but Kasich is waiting for Michigan. Rubio could recover his footing. Christie and Carly dropping out will reset things a bit as is. the more drop out, the more it becomes a choice between Trump and "the other guy." I think Kasich could well end up as being seen as the adult in the room.
Sounds great but you have zero historical precedence to support this.

Put a fork in them.

Almost guaranteed that nominee will be Cruz or….

Old 02-10-2016, 03:21 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
I actually started to like Christie. He's no nonsense, get to the point and take no BS. I hope he will be considered for a place in the new administration, possibly Secretary of State.
Well, he is the go-to guy for World War III.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:23 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
Sounds great but you have zero historical precedence to support this.

Put a fork in them.

Almost guaranteed that nominee will be Cruz or….
Meaningless statement. Every election is the same in that every election is different, and we are in the strangest times in my lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections