Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:19 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
because the USA will face some of the worst moments in its entire history in the forecoming years. They rather have a Dem in office at the time when the American economy sinks, just to present a Rep candidate like the ultimate American hero that willl solve all of the madness the USA will be in.
Like they did with Reagan vs Jimmy Carter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 08:19 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
I think this fanatical group of narcissistic megalomaniacs are watching their own demise on the horizon and it is heading right towards them. Four years without a messiah to thrust their adulation upon and they will be irrelevant and unemployed.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:24 AM

17 posts, read 51,938 times
I underastand and agree that McCain is not the perfect conservative....but come on....in a choice between McCain and Hillary, it's a "no brainer"

Rush and his boys need to quit screwing around and get united to defeat Hillary.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:29 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
A McCain vs Obama contest would more so rally all the white racists around the white candidate than would the Hillary haters around the GOP. McCain wont need talk radio. I believe that there are more racists (ranging from benign racists to extreme racists) than they are solely Hillary haters. Both are sick in my opinion.
I've been pondering this lately. I think it's a crap shoot either way. There are so many variables in this election, it's hard to predict at this point.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene430 View Post
I underastand and agree that McCain is not the perfect conservative....but come on....in a choice between McCain and Hillary, it's a "no brainer"

Rush and his boys need to quit screwing around and get united to defeat Hillary.
I don't see much difference between McCain's policies and Clinton's.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:56 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
A McCain vs Obama contest would more so rally all the white racists around the white candidate than would the Hillary haters around the GOP. McCain wont need talk radio. I believe that there are more racists (ranging from benign racists to extreme racists) than they are solely Hillary haters. Both are sick in my opinion.

Its hard to tell which Dem voters are going to win the primaries. The sexists that will vote against Hillary for no other reason than her being a woman, or the racists who will vote against Obama for no other reason than him being black.

I guess this primary season will tell us who the Dems have more of: sexists or racists.

As for McCain, I never needed talk radio to tell me he is a piece of sh*t. The guy is a habitual liar and has the audacity to call his campaign the "straight talk express". That tells you how smart he thinks his supporters are, and actually is quiet telling of how smart they are. McCain has been one of the worst liars in the Republican party in the last decade, and he has had some stiff competition.

I hope he loses by a LANDSLIDE.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:12 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,736,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Its hard to tell which Dem voters are going to win the primaries. The sexists that will vote against Hillary for no other reason than her being a woman, or the racists who will vote against Obama for no other reason than him being black.

I guess this primary season will tell us who the Dems have more of: sexists or racists.

I was referring to a McCain/Obama ticket vs a McCain/Hillary when I suggested that the racist element would be more galvanizing against Obama than the Hillary haters against Hillary. So Hillary has a better chance of prevailing.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:53 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Quote:
I don't see much difference between McCain's policies and Clinton's.
McCain's policies are that of the right wing. And this includes illegal immigration as the real base, big business wants things to stay as is.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:01 AM

140 posts, read 294,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene430 View Post
Rush and his backup singers (Hannity, Beck, Coulter, Ingram, etc.) have a full on frontal assault on John McCain. Why?

http://www.politibyte.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=55
A Hillary adminsitration would really mess up the USA and would cause the GOP to go into a frenzy (much like the far left is now against Bush). She will be a disaster (Obama would be a calamity, much worst than Hillary, specially since he would probably tear down the US-Mexico fence - whatever we have there now and allow Iran to manufacture and deliver a nuke into US soil via terrorists< so Obama would be 100x worse)... but Hillary will screw up the country, lots of her corruption schemes will be exposed, it will damaged the DEms and cause the GOp to raise up like never before.

So GOP-leaning people (including myself) are praying to God Hillary will give McCain a kick in the ass like McCain deserve for all his corrupt dealins in DC for the last 25 years and will get the presidency. Then the GOP will go insane over her being in the White House and the GOP will re-take the Senate and the House in a flurry.

The GOP cannot afford to have a liberal like McCain, running a liberal adminsitration, tainting the name of conservatism. McCain is even MORE liberal version of Jorge Bush.

Let's HOPE Hillary wins and the GOP surges up and take sthe HOuse back. That way we can block the next McCain-kennedy amnesty and keep Hillary in check. Then in 2010 we re-take the US Senate and in 2012, we re-take Pennsylvania avenue from Hillary and keep the House in Conservative hands.

That is long-term strategy. Sometimes we have to lose to win in the end. But this strategy will pay off big time in the end. You will see.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:12 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I frankly think unless the conservatives can gain back the support of the moderates in the republican party they are looking at bad years ahead. That is why Romney is not the nominee and why they loss so many seats in the congress. The conservatives in the republican party cannot win the nomination on their own.It is the voters giving the conserative wing of the republican party the kick in the rear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections