Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 12:58 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The men who were with McCain in the Hanoi Hilton have stood by him. That includes multiple men who won the Medal of Honor for their conduct while they were being held and tortured by the North Vietnamese. One of them being Col. Bud Day who was McCain's cell mate for years. I'll take their word over whatever his detractors, including Trump who avoided serving his country by claiming his foot hurt, come up with.
McCain should have never been put in that jet fighter in the first place. He only got the position through family connections to the military and not because he had the scores in school to be awarded that slot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 02:53 PM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Can someone tell me how to ignore someone who's profile is accessible only for friends. The regular way to do it is not available and I'm sick of the dribble.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:02 PM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Not the people on this board. If you are here you know EXACTLy who you want. The ones harping on Trump here are Democrats. No question about it.

Actually, I still don't know who I'm voting for - but don't like the closed mindedness of a lot of the posters. Or maybe it's because - they always take things literally like the PC world and do not know how to look at comments that are spoken figuratively.

And I'm a Democrat - but I'm harping because of the harping. Right now there is only a few small things Trump has said he'd do that disturb me and that might change as I expect him to have a cabinet of knowledgeable people to guide him like he has in his boardrooms. There are a couple of others I like that have either dropped out or are close to it.

And again oldhag - everyone perceives things differently. Thank your family for their service but the people I know that have served were in no way offended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections