Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 01:10 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,123,803 times

Advertisements

Interesting.

Donald Trump

For those who don't want to read, it basically says that Trump is not winning by margins to put this thing away any time soon. There are no winner take all states until Florida and Ohio, which will most likley be won by Rubio and Kasich, respectively. It wil probably be a brokered convention, which Trump will have a difficult time winning.

Interesting. What do you all think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 01:32 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,827,191 times
Trump is polling higher than Romney and Romney ended up winning the nomination. Trump is also leading in Florida by a large margin. With that said, I agree that this is far from over and a lot can happen in the coming weeks and months.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:37 AM

752 posts, read 567,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
"For those who don't want to read, it basically says that Trump is not winning by margins to put this thing away any time soon. There are no winner take all states until Florida and Ohio, which will most likley be won by Rubio and Kasich, respectively. It wil probably be a brokered convention, which Trump will have a difficult time winning.

Interesting. What do you all think?"
I think that Donald Trump has an enormous lead over Rubio in Florida, a state that is likely none too pleased with the job performance of its junior senator. I also think that NRO is delusional if it thinks that Rubio can survive deep into March without scoring a single 1st-place finish.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:49 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Interesting.

Donald Trump

For those who don't want to read, it basically says that Trump is not winning by margins to put this thing away any time soon. There are no winner take all states until Florida and Ohio, which will most likley be won by Rubio and Kasich, respectively. It wil probably be a brokered convention, which Trump will have a difficult time winning.

Interesting. What do you all think?
Polls show Trump is ahead in Ohio.

I'll bet he wins FL too.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
I live on the border of Ohio and WV. Yes, this is anecdotal. My wife works with a lady that always votes (R). She said there was no way she was voting Kasich after he came in and raised taxes.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:33 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Polls show Trump is ahead in Ohio.

I'll bet he wins FL too.
The only way Trump will not win is through some type of vote fraud. All one has to do is go to YouTube and watch the size of his rallies. Many are in serious denial . None of the other candidates are drawing even a third of Trump's attendance.

This guy has kicked every single member of the Bush family--even the mother--right in the balls and laughed about it. He beat the holy hell out of jeb bush, and just about made him cry. He kicked walnuts McCain and squirly Lindsey Graham between the legs too. They're both rolling around in the dirt holding their sacs now too!

He flipped fox news upside down and caused so much strife for Megan Kelly she had to take a three week leave of absence.

Romney couldn't have done any of that. Besides.....if Romney would have beaten Obama we would have Gordon Gekko as president. C'mon....get real -- That can't be much better than Obama...

Give Trump some credit.....he's doing something most of you can"t even fathom.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:01 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
The only way Trump will not win is through some type of vote fraud. All one has to do is go to YouTube and watch the size of his rallies. Many are in serious denial . None of the other candidates are drawing even a third of Trump's attendance.

This guy has kicked every single member of the Bush family--even the mother--right in the balls and laughed about it. He beat the holy hell out of jeb bush, and just about made him cry. He kicked walnuts McCain and squirly Lindsey Graham between the legs too. They're both rolling around in the dirt holding their sacs now too!

He flipped fox news upside down and caused so much strife for Megan Kelly she had to take a three week leave of absence.

Romney couldn't have done any of that. Besides.....if Romney would have beaten Obama we would have Gordon Gekko as president. C'mon....get real -- That can't be much better than Obama...

We can fathom it. He's a playground bully who has become the hero of the misfits because he humiliates the popular kids, of whom they are jealous. We have indeed noticed that once he conquers one target he moves on to the next. Among the problems with that type of person is that they need to make others look small to feel big. So, once they run out of big targets they will easily swing on one of their allies or supporters with guns on full power. Plus, if they feel a minion no longer sufficiently worships them enough, they will add them to their list of people to take out.

You know, I'm not a Cruz fan, but his ability to endure the Trump assault has made me at least respect him as a tough, determined individual. Unlike the others Trump has targeted, he dusts his pants off and comes up swinging. He's managed a few hits, too.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:17 AM

53 posts, read 34,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post

To me that is his biggest weakness.

It is still novel and many people like how he tells it like it is. However if he keeps up the daily insults, questioning Cruz & Rubio's ability to legally run, saying his Vietnam was surviving sexual promiscuousness without catching a STD, going after the Pope, saying Obama might have attended Scalia's funeral if it were held in a Mosque, etc., etc it will wear thin.

If there is a brokered convention, Trump will use a scorched earth policy, New York style. His ego wont allow even a slight by a door man to go without some insult toward what is essentially a nobody. Remember the stupid stuff involving the female MMA chick?
Obama is about as un-presidential as they come. But Trump might make him look like a rank amateur at this rate.

Lastly, Romney = Gordon Gekko?
Are you serious?
Romney was not my favorite by any stretch. However he was probably one of the most honest and cleanest men to run for president I can think of in recent times.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:08 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
I think the National Review is in a serious state of denial. They need help and counseling, maybe they can get a group discount.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:28 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,827,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I think the National Review is in a serious state of denial. They need help and counseling, maybe they can get a group discount.
They say he needs to win more delegates. He just swept all 50 delegates in SC and got a good chunk in NH and IA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections