Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 01:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

When Trump first announced he was running R's demanded he sign an agreement that he would not run as an independent. Trump signed and gave his loyalty to the republican party. They were nervous that he would not keep his word but he did, he again pledge his loyalty to the R party at a debate. At the time if he had gone against his agreement I would have been furious.

Well here we are, D's AND "R's", and the media attacking him viciously. I didn't expect "stop trump" viciousness from people who demanded his loyalty. At this point I wouldn't blame him but he continues to stick to his agreement. That tells me something.

I know the guy is eccentric but what are they so afraid of, obviously the people want the apple cart upset? The political elite class needs to understand that "the people" on both sides are not happy and it's time for them to get over themselves and "serve the people". If anything Trump served a good purpose even if he doesn't win. I am going to have a second look. This is pathetic.

Funny how a non politician can make (both sides and the media) scream like wet cats. Maybe it's damn time we stick our fingers in our ears like they've done for so long.

Last edited by petch751; 03-01-2016 at 01:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 04:22 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
He has hijacked my party, he is not a conservative and is just crass. I wish he would go Independent, it is where he belongs.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:23 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
One sitting (R) US Senator today told Chuck Todd that he might just endorse Hillary Clinton if Trump wins the nomination.

LMAO!

Old 03-01-2016, 04:28 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
He has hijacked my party, he is not a conservative and is just crass. I wish he would go Independent, it is where he belongs.

^^^ This! I have fought the GOP establishment for years. I didn't do it so that a liberal clown like Trump could swoop in and assume the Republican mantle to feed his ego.

Should Trump get the GOP nomination, it will be the end of the GOP current version of this party.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but he will be the reason behind the final implosion. IMO

Old 03-01-2016, 04:31 PM

529 posts, read 369,956 times
Why'd they let him be one of their candidates anyway, if he doesn't fit their agenda?

Old 03-01-2016, 04:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
The only one that has had the establishment PO'ed at him since he hit the steps of the capitol and it has not stopped.

Ted Cruz.

Trump, like Obama is just telling everyone what they want to hear. Nothing like what is going to happen once in office.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:37 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergulick View Post
Why'd they let him be one of their candidates anyway, if he doesn't fit their agenda?
Ummm... it is kinda like the old joke about the definition of pregnancy - "taking seriously what was poked at you in jest". They thought was a joke that would die of its own accord, but now it is a full-blown disaster. Remember, everyone and his dog was announcing they were running for president, and they let them all have at it, hoping the electorate would shake it down to the best. Boy, were they ever mistaken!

Old 03-01-2016, 04:39 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
How can he hijack the party if he is elected?

I can't for the life of me figure out why people think he is liberal. I would think a guy that wants immigration reform, improve the economy, and rebuild the military would be considered a conservative.

What policies do you think Trump is liberal on?

Old 03-01-2016, 04:44 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
When Trump first announced he was running R's demanded he sign an agreement that he would not run as an independent. Trump signed and gave his loyalty to the republican party. They were nervous that he would not keep his word but he did, he again pledge his loyalty to the R party at a debate. At the time if he had gone against his agreement I would have been furious.

Well here we are, D's AND "R's", and the media attacking him viciously. I didn't expect "stop trump" viciousness from people who demanded his loyalty. At this point I wouldn't blame him but he continues to stick to his agreement. That tells me something.

I know the guy is eccentric but what are they so afraid of, obviously the people want the apple cart upset? The political elite class needs to understand that "the people" on both sides are not happy and it's time for them to get over themselves and "serve the people". If anything Trump served a good purpose even if he doesn't win. I am going to have a second look. This is pathetic.

Funny how a non politician can make (both sides and the media) scream like wet cats. Maybe it's damn time we stick our fingers in our ears like they've done for so long.
This is what happens when the people find a voice. They are telling the people they need to sit down and shut up. Their opinion of conservative and all political matters are what's important. They can go along and give Obama his every wish but can't support someone in their own party. They aren't serious about doing anything in office and if someone gets elected who is it will make them look bad. They already look bad but their ego's are so big they don't see it. Thirty years and they can't fix immigration. Ridiculous !!!

Old 03-01-2016, 04:47 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
One sitting (R) US Senator today told Chuck Todd that he might just endorse Hillary Clinton if Drumpf wins the nomination.

LMAO!
I've heard that several times and have talked to Republican voters that said the same. Some (many) people really really don't like him.

Make Donald Drumpf!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections