Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 08:05 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,084,763 times

Advertisements

Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 09:10 AM

24,439 posts, read 27,199,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
At least we aren't thinking about how to cheat like Hillary's workers did in Nevada.
The Democratic Party is pretty corrupt as we saw in NH where Sanders blew Clinton away, yet their delegates were nearly the same.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:15 AM

13,548 posts, read 17,110,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Bernie supporters need to spend less time on social media and more time on voting lol.

Clinton won SC with 75% of the vote despite polls showing a much closer race. That's the problem with most Bernie supporters... they want everything for free and when election day comes, they'd rather sleep in because they assume someone else will fill in to do their work.
This free stuff crap is getting ridiculous. I'm in the top 5% and I support Sanders. 95% of the Sanders supporters on Facebook feed have jobs and many of them are also 5%ers. Just another talk radio mantra the right wing media lemmings regurgitate.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:38 AM

39,951 posts, read 26,693,700 times
Quote:
From https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...thout-clinton/

"Sanders spokesman Michael Briggs said there had also been discussions about having Republican front-runner Donald Trump appear at the same forum, an idea Sanders welcomed. Sanders has long said he would like for there to be debates in which candidates from both parties participate."

I think it would be a good idea to have debates in which both parties' candidates participate before each party's nomination.
The loon from the right debating the loon from the left. Should be good comic relief. Ol' Bern will probably be in tears within 5 minutes though.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:55 AM

7,729 posts, read 8,823,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
This free stuff crap is getting ridiculous. I'm in the top 5% and I support Sanders. 95% of the Sanders supporters on Facebook feed have jobs and many of them are also 5%ers. Just another talk radio mantra the right wing media lemmings regurgitate.
^^^^^^ I'm glad to see this. I'm not sure I will personally benefit much from some of the policies proposed by Bernie, but I don't base my vote on personal interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The loon from the right debating the loon from the left. Should be good comic relief. Ol' Bern will probably be in tears within 5 minutes though.
Dumb people fail to see true intelligence. Throughout all the debates Bernie proved to be the most intelligent and quick witted of all candidates, beside being the most honest, sincere, respectful and civil. Dumbheads could only see his white hair and nice gentleman look as if that makes him weak. Try have a debate with Bernie, you'll be in coma within 5 minutes.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:01 AM

39,951 posts, read 26,693,700 times
Quote:

Dumb people fail to see true intelligence. Throughout all the debates Bernie proved to be the most intelligent and quick witted of all candidates, beside being the most honest, sincere, respectful and civil. Dumbheads could only see his white hair and nice gentleman look as if that makes him weak. Try have a debate with Bernie, you'll be in coma within 5 minutes.
Bern comes off as a ranting, raving old kook. All he does is attack "the rich" and promise free stuff he has no way to pay for. Works for people that still believe in Santa Claus, but not for most adults. He's the left's equivalent of Trump, but without any accomplishments. Good for comic relief.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:21 AM

9,920 posts, read 7,792,163 times
Hopefully this will allow Bernie to make it or break it...I am hoping for him to make it.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,547,829 times
Quote:
This post is ridiculous. Like PCALMike, you rely on insulting fellow voters in an effort to defend your favorite candidate. Do you realize how petty and foolish that is? Calling people "dumbheads" doesn't elevate your own intellect. Attack the ideas, not the poster.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:27 AM

13,548 posts, read 17,110,512 times
Quote:
Bern comes off as a ranting, raving old kook. All he does is attack "the rich" and promise free stuff he has no way to pay for. Works for people that still believe in Santa Claus, but not for most adults. He's the left's equivalent of Trump, but without any accomplishments. Good for comic relief.
The things he's proposing are fairly standard in Western Europe and Canada.. You'd think he's proposing seizing control of the oil industry or something with the rhetoric against him. Santa Claus is a myth, universal health care is a very mainstream thing everywhere except the US.

Seems like your Santa Claus is Rush Limbaugh. He sells you and others a bunch of BS about how "extreme" someone like Bernie Sanders is and you buy it.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:29 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,012,891 times
Quote:
No one really knows if this will work or not

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/wha...ike-2016-02-14
How Bernie Sanders' Wall Street Tax Would Work : NPR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections