Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 11:16 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,532,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
So in other words, I'm right, but you don't want to admit it. I'll admit I'm a bit frustrated with people who believe BS so easily. I get the same way when people tell me that the anti-illegal immigrant movement is "anti-immigrant". It isn't the same thing.

If you think national health care is a radical idea, you've bought right wing talking points. Where you heard them from I'm not sure, but you've bought them. If you think being opposed to illegal immigration is racist and anti-immigrant, you've bought Democrat talking points.

I just had the same reaction to a family member who called Bernie Sanders a "communist". If you want to say stupid s**t, I'm going to correct it. Not angrily, just matter of fact honestly.
I think you need some anger management, because you're coming across like a blown-out hothead with a huge chip on your shoulder who is incapable of having a reasonable conversation with a stranger without flipping your lid and making ridiculous unfounded accusations.

Kind of frightening, actually. Good luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 11:19 AM

13,517 posts, read 17,074,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I think you need some anger management, because you're coming across like a blown-out hothead with a huge chip on your shoulder who is incapable of having a reasonable conversation with a stranger without flipping your lid and making ridiculous unfounded accusations.

Kind of frightening, actually. Good luck with that.

You're moving dangerously close to violating the terms of service now....

Old 03-04-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
You didn't listen or you didn't understand what Bernie said. As I said, you were attracted too much to his white hair.

My post was in response to the irrespectful personal attack on Bernie.
This is just what happens during election season. People attack candidates for their positions. Candidates put themselves on a soap box and receive heaps of criticism in response. If you think that taking on individuals and making it a personal thing through name-calling and putdowns is a justified use of communication skills though then well, knock yourself out. You run the risk of people discounting your opinions entirely however as a not-very-smart-person.

There are thankfully plenty of people left who are capable of conversing to and fro on these topics without utterly wigging out and taking it personally that people don't share their same philosophy. I'll have to do a better job sticking to discussion with those people. Some of you here are just growing more desperate and angry by the day.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
You're moving dangerously close to violating the terms of service now....
You already did when you responded to me with an insult using typed out profanity with astericks. So I guess that puts us closer to being a level playing field.

Old 03-04-2016, 11:45 AM

13,517 posts, read 17,074,554 times
Quote:
You already did when you responded to me with an insult using typed out profanity with astericks. So I guess that puts us closer to being a level playing field.
The asterisked out profanity was directed at an idea, not at a person. See the difference?

Anyway, sleep well with your "this is the United States" reasoning for having a ridiculously overpriced health care system. At least you ain't no commie!!

Old 03-04-2016, 12:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,600,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
At least we aren't thinking about how to cheat like Hillary's workers did in Nevada.
I guess you know Bernie's campaign has had it's own issues with cheating, yes?

Quote:
This post is ridiculous. Like PCALMike, you rely on insulting fellow voters in an effort to defend your favorite candidate. Do you realize how petty and foolish that is? Calling people "dumbheads" doesn't elevate your own intellect. Attack the ideas, not the poster.
Dumbheads are the ones that attend Bernie's rallies and then fail to vote. Which is apparently the case.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:16 PM

7,682 posts, read 8,771,744 times
Quote:
This is just what happens during election season. People attack candidates for their positions. Candidates put themselves on a soap box and receive heaps of criticism in response. If you think that taking on individuals and making it a personal thing through name-calling and putdowns is a justified use of communication skills though then well, knock yourself out. You run the risk of people discounting your opinions entirely however as a not-very-smart-person.

There are thankfully plenty of people left who are capable of conversing to and fro on these topics without utterly wigging out and taking it personally that people don't share their same philosophy. I'll have to do a better job sticking to discussion with those people. Some of you here are just growing more desperate and angry by the day.
You proved to be very selective in whom to accuse of personal attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I guess you know Bernie's campaign has had it's own issues with cheating, yes?

Dumbheads are the ones that attend Bernie's rallies and then fail to vote. Which is apparently the case.
No I don't know. Are you referring to the data breach episode? It turned out the person involved was a plant by Clinton's team.

Dumbheads are those who trust a proven untrustworthy candidate, a renowned liar.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:22 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,992,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Where do you get this idea from? Even though primary turnout isnt as high as in 2008, its still very high on historical levels. And no one knows Sanders better than the people in Vermont, it is one of the best educated and informed electorates in the country and they voted Sanders so overwhelmingly that Hillary was not a viable candidate and didnt reach the 15% threshold for delegates.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:02 PM

24,413 posts, read 27,091,072 times
Quote:
This free stuff crap is getting ridiculous. I'm in the top 5% and I support Sanders. 95% of the Sanders supporters on Facebook feed have jobs and many of them are also 5%ers. Just another talk radio mantra the right wing media lemmings regurgitate.
I'm 28 and virtually 99% of my friends and people I know on facebook are going crazy for Sanders, yet he is doing so poorly so far. Part of the reason is the Democratic leadership doing everythinng they can to give the election to Clinton and the other part is most of his voter base are youths. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Sanders over Clinton because Clinton is a lying SOB.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:11 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,295,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm 28 and virtually 99% of my friends and people I know on facebook are going crazy for Sanders, yet he is doing so poorly so far. Part of the reason is the Democratic leadership doing everythinng they can to give the election to Clinton and the other part is most of his voter base are youths. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have Sanders over Clinton because Clinton is a lying SOB.
1.4 million more votes as of now. That's more people voting for Clinton, not some nefarious plot. Seriously all the griping Bernie supporters do, it's as if they think he somehow owns the nomination and doesn't have to earn the votes to get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections