Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the 2016 US Presidential Election? (Listed alphabetically)
Ben Carson 0 0%
Hillary Rodham Clinton 32 18.18%
Ted Cruz 13 7.39%
John Kasich 9 5.11%
Marco Rubio 4 2.27%
Bernie Sanders 31 17.61%
Donald Trump 72 40.91%
None of the above 15 8.52%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 09:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Mr. Trump's ego is so big he would HAVE to do a good job.
He's worth a shot...but I am embarrassed to tell anyone I could vote for him.
He would pick the best people to help him, prob across party lines.
Hmm...
I still have to wonder if the idea of "Trump wanting to help the middle class," is rhetoric to get him elected for even more oligarchy or if he is earnest about it. Then you have his incendiary rhetoric towards Latinos/Hispanics and the Muslims as well as any protesters at his rallies. I can't vote for that, nor can I vote for the garden variety religious leaning beliefs of the Republican Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 09:29 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I still have to wonder if the idea of "Trump wanting to help the middle class," is rhetoric to get him elected for even more oligarchy or if he is earnest about it. Then you have his incendiary rhetoric towards Latinos/Hispanics and the Muslims as well as any protesters at his rallies. I can't vote for that, nor can I vote for the garden variety religious leaning beliefs of the Republican Party.
Exactly the way I feel

Old 03-07-2016, 03:34 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Bernie Sanders
What's up with those super delegates of Hillary? It's like running a marathon and giving your favorite runner 500 yards to start. Has it always been this way? Ugly, ugly. Then, that Massachusetts, voting debacle with her hubby showing up picking and grinning. Throw in Trump the loud mouthed bigot clown and I am lost.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:50 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Laura, Laura, Laura. If you've watched the debates and/or Ted's speeches you'll know he has deep rooted conservative values. He's the most decent, honest man running, which is why Donald tries to brand him as a liar to slander his good reputation. If you've listened to his ideas and don't like them, I can understand why you wouldn't want to vote for him. However, when Ted says he'll do something I believe he'll do his best to get it done.

I would suggest for Laura and anyone else who may not know what Cruz plans to do if elected, please take the time and visit his website, read where he stands on issues, and buy a coffee mug and hat to support his campaign. And C-span is a good source for videos of his speeches, including by clicking on 'Road to the White House' on C-span's homepage, then clicking the tab 'Candidates' and clicking on his name.

God help us if this becomes a Hillary (She should be prosecuted) Clinton, and Donald (Incompetent) Trump duel. This country will end up in an even bigger mess than it is now after two Obama terms, two Bush terms prior to that, and two Clinton terms prior to that. Uncle already!!!!
Ted's values took a hike when he stole Ben Carson's votes. He didn't correct it , did not own it, blamed CNN because any means to an end is his way to get elected. I saw how Ted reacted.. and it spoke volumes about his character or lack of it.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:53 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
What's up with those super delegates of Hillary? It's like running a marathon and giving your favorite runner 500 yards to start. Has it always been this way? Ugly, ugly. Then, that Massachusetts, voting debacle with her hubby showing up picking and grinning. Throw in Trump the loud mouthed bigot clown and I am lost.
Fact is before Trump ever uttered any insults, he was called a clown, his supporters were called "crazies" by McCain so who in the room is the beginning of name calling ? It wasn't Trump, and Trump did say, If I am hit I will hit harder.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:46 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Laura, Laura, Laura. If you've watched the debates and/or Ted's speeches you'll know he has deep rooted conservative values. He's the most decent, honest man running, which is why Donald tries to brand him as a liar to slander his good reputation. If you've listened to his ideas and don't like them, I can understand why you wouldn't want to vote for him. However, when Ted says he'll do something I believe he'll do his best to get it done.

I would suggest for Laura and anyone else who may not know what Cruz plans to do if elected, please take the time and visit his website, read where he stands on issues, and buy a coffee mug and hat to support his campaign. And C-span is a good source for videos of his speeches, including by clicking on 'Road to the White House' on C-span's homepage, then clicking the tab 'Candidates' and clicking on his name.

God help us if this becomes a Hillary (She should be prosecuted) Clinton, and Donald (Incompetent) Trump duel. This country will end up in an even bigger mess than it is now after two Obama terms, two Bush terms prior to that, and two Clinton terms prior to that. Uncle already!!!!
JB,JB,JB,,,, I watched ALL of the debates. I came to a MUCH different conclusion than you did.

Your posts got me wondering if you work for the Cruz campaign. If so, shouldn't you be busy sending out Voter Violation Notices, or something?

Old 03-07-2016, 08:28 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,755,972 times
The choices of candidates this year are absolutely horrendous. The GOP has drifted way too far to the right, and it's a laughingstock of a party. It continues to beat the same dead horse of gay marriage (even though it's the law of the land), abortion, etc. Also, the popularity of the Trump candidacy has exposed just how truly xenophobic and racist a big chunk of American society actually is. If you thought it was just a fringe element that's like that, forget about it! It's far beyond that.

Then you have a 74-year-old man who's not even a Democrat running as a Democrat, all in an attempt to derail Hillary Clinton's inevitable nomination. He's got radical ideas, and it's disturbing that some people are voting for him on the mere basis of him not being Hillary Clinton and not being part of the much-hyped "establishment". Nobody ever even mentioned the "establishment" up until the current presidential race. To think that people are overlooking Sanders' radical ideas simply because he's not Hillary. This whole idea that he's a reasonable alternative to Hillary is just insane.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:30 PM

273 posts, read 140,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
The choices of candidates this year are absolutely horrendous. The GOP has drifted way too far to the right, and it's a laughingstock of a party. It continues to beat the same dead horse of gay marriage (even though it's the law of the land), abortion, etc. Also, the popularity of the Trump candidacy has exposed just how truly xenophobic and racist a big chunk of American society actually is. If you thought it was just a fringe element that's like that, forget about it! It's far beyond that.

Then you have a 74-year-old man who's not even a Democrat running as a Democrat, all in an attempt to derail Hillary Clinton's inevitable nomination. He's got radical ideas, and it's disturbing that some people are voting for him on the mere basis of him not being Hillary Clinton and not being part of the much-hyped "establishment". Nobody ever even mentioned the "establishment" up until the current presidential race. To think that people are overlooking Sanders' radical ideas simply because he's not Hillary. This whole idea that he's a reasonable alternative to Hillary is just insane.
Considering a vote for the BEAST is insane

Old 03-07-2016, 08:44 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:

Wow, do I disagree. Is it opposite day? Hillary is the one people are voting for, simply "for not being Trump".
It has been stated over and over on here and elsewhere. People are attracted to Bernie for his principles and ideas.

Bernie is only running to "derail Hillary"? What? That is absurd.
Why do so many seem to think Clinton should be handed the nomination, running unopposed?
You'd think in a democratic republic of 350 Million we wouldn't keep electing the same two rotten families to the highest office.
Might as well have a monarchy.

You've never heard the term "establishment" before? Obama surged in popularity in 2008 because he was supposed to be the
"anti-establishment candidate". We all know how that turned out.
People also seem to attack Bernie for his age, but Hillary is less than 5 years younger, and he actually seems much healthier than her.

Photo of Philly graffiti taken by me in 2014:

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 03-07-2016 at 08:54 PM..

Old 03-08-2016, 03:05 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:

Sanders is the best of all the candidates, IMO!!!!! 74? Excuse me, what's age got to do with it? GO SANDERS!!!!!

Radical ideas?? Well, you probably don't have to worry, since the system gave princess Hillary hundreds of super delegates, to start this crazy race. No wonder there were so few candidates on the democrat side; the race was fixed from the beginning!!!! Makes me proud, that I am now an independent!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections