Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 07:01 PM

891 posts, read 1,054,153 times

Advertisements

How about having black friends and telling them you DIDNT vote for Obama?.....same thing is gonna happen with Hillary and Guys that have any women as friends, or of course girlfriends/wives etc.....lucky for me my wife is against her (for now anyway)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 07:02 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
Trump voters won't even tell the pollsters the truth about their voting intentions but once in the privacy of the voting booth we know who they will vote for. If anything Trump support is well under reported.
I disagree. The polls so far have exaggerated trump's following for those states that have actually voted. He has rarely won by the large margin that he boasts about, and lost in places where the polls gave him an advantage. So, it looks more like a lot of 'trump voters' actually lied to the pollsters and voted for someone else once they got into the voting booth.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:04 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
People are afraid of being shamed, thats why Trump is doing much worse in caucuses than primaries. You wont hear this many other places though.
That's likely to happen in a small town where people love to be in other people's business. Bigger town not so much.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
How about having black friends and telling them you DIDNT vote for Obama?.....same thing is gonna happen with Hillary and Guys that have any women as friends, or of course girlfriends/wives etc.....lucky for me my wife is against her (for now anyway)
Sure. All those McCain and Romney yard signs were what? lawn ornaments? Most women would know if their male friends, etc., were likely to support hillary without having to be told.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:07 PM

891 posts, read 1,054,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Sure. All those McCain and Romney yard signs were what? lawn ornaments? Most women would know if their male friends, etc., were likely to support hillary without having to be told.
never had MCCain or Romney signs in my yard lol.....

Old 03-05-2016, 07:11 PM

207 posts, read 119,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I disagree. The polls so far have exaggerated trump's following for those states that have actually voted. He has rarely won by the large margin that he boasts about, and lost in places where the polls gave him an advantage. So, it looks more like a lot of 'trump voters' actually lied to the pollsters and voted for someone else once they got into the voting booth.
I think it is more about the other candidates' ground game. Trump is running an unconventional campaign and a lesson learned once again could be that you have to have a strong ground game, maybe first and foremost. It is what probably allowed the Dims to win the last two pres. elections, almost certainly the last.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skold View Post
It is what probably allowed the Dims to win the last two pres. elections, almost certainly the last.
Well, I believe that what allowed the 'dims' t win the last two was that their party got out the vote, and the republican party did not. Did the pubs fail to select great candidates? or what was their problem?

Old 03-05-2016, 07:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Only the left would consider abolishing the secret ballot.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
never had MCCain or Romney signs in my yard lol.....
They were all over the town I lived in at the time. and, the town had a fairly high black population, so it wasn't a case of being embarrassed to show you didn't support obama.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Only the left would consider abolishing the secret ballot.
Actually, I want to refine my thought a bit.

I think all the voting should be done in a big room, everyone gathered, as in a town hall in the old days. Then, each person gets a ballot, puts it in the box, and leaves. Then the ballots are counted. Which is the way many caucuses are done, so nobody really knows who an individual actually voted for.

I am all for the privacy of the ballot box, but I also think we would do well to consider our neighbors and our community when voting. If that makes me 'left', so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections