Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 05:04 PM

660 posts, read 658,860 times

Advertisements

Hillary said that if she wins, she would like to work with Bernie in the future, and it looked like she had a grin when she was asked about Bernie as his VP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 05:47 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Well, let's face it, VP spot is often chosen to pander to a group (geographical, racial, gender, etc.). Other times, VP adds perceived expertise that the Presidential candidate lacks (e.g., Biden adding foreign relations expertise and comic relief).

Bernie would be more of a pandering situation, but he has a loyal and ardent following so maybe. He doesn't provide any geographical diversity unless we say Hillary is from AR. Elizabeth Warren would be great, but I don't know if the country is ready for 2 females on a ticket.

Mick

Old 03-07-2016, 06:01 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,292,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Well, let's face it, VP spot is often chosen to pander to a group (geographical, racial, gender, etc.). Other times, VP adds perceived expertise that the Presidential candidate lacks (e.g., Biden adding foreign relations expertise and comic relief).

Bernie would be more of a pandering situation, but he has a loyal and ardent following so maybe. He doesn't provide any geographical diversity unless we say Hillary is from AR. Elizabeth Warren would be great, but I don't know if the country is ready for 2 females on a ticket.

Mick
Hillary is not from Arkansas. She lived there for several years and was not liked. Then she moved to the White House and then became a New Yorker giving Arkansans another reason to dislike her. She won the Democratic primary, but I don't think she could win the actual state during the presidential election.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:04 PM

988 posts, read 683,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
I'm not sure how interested Elizabeth Warren would be in running with Hillary. She hasn't endorsed her yet.

I wish Elizabeth Warren had run. I could have gotten behind her candidacy. I'm not a fan of Hillary. They're different.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:08 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
I doubt Sanders would be VP, it would make more sense for him to hold onto his Senate seat and try to push for a social democracy with Warren. Granted, Hillary has to actually beat Sanders first, and there is still a lot of delegates to go.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:14 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Hillary is not from Arkansas. She lived there for several years and was not liked. Then she moved to the White House and then became a New Yorker giving Arkansans another reason to dislike her. She won the Democratic primary, but I don't think she could win the actual state during the presidential election.
Right, she is, and always will be, a rich girl from the wealthy Chicago suburbs. Same as i will always be a small town Georgia girl, no mater what I accomplish on top of this, We are who we are.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:17 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,030,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
I doubt Sanders would be VP, it would make more sense for him to hold onto his Senate seat and try to push for a social democracy with Warren. Granted, Hillary has to actually beat Sanders first, and there is still a lot of delegates to go.
I agree ...and it seemed that Bernie made it pretty clear today that he didn't want to be VP.

Is it still a given that Sanders would pick Warren as a running mate? I think such a ticket would make a lot of sense.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:20 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
I agree ...and it seemed that Bernie made it pretty clear today that he didn't want to be VP.

Is it still a given that Sanders would pick Warren as a running mate? I think such a ticket would make a lot of sense.
It would make more sense for Bernie to pick a moderate from either a swing state or a more conservative state rather than have two New England Senators on a ticket.

A Governor or former governor would probably be the best idea for a VP pick.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
I would certainly hope that Sanders would have more self respect than that.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:14 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
Clearly that is only because Clinton began to feel the threat of a Sanders' win in the election is becoming more realistic.

And by the way (beware Bernie)
Only a suicidal fool would want Clinton to be a VP for them:
Clinton Remark on Kennedy’s Killing Stirs Uproar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections