Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 09:15 AM

6,232 posts, read 3,611,336 times

Advertisements

His head is so puffed by by his establishment donors and endorsers, I don't blame him for believing them. Most young, ambitious pols would. He's only going to embarrass himself, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 09:25 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
I had read this story too..about the 'discussion' going on between Rubio and his team.

The thing is , after going this far...why would he get out before Florida.
I see it as a political risk short term of course...but people have a short term memory...if he does run again in the future are people really going to care if he lost his home state?...

I mean look at Bill Clinton...he had a sex scandal WHILE President...and then he went on to great success and became worth hundreds of millions and his wife has a good shot at being the next President right now.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:40 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,499,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
If he got out before Michigan he could have helped Cruz beat Trump. Voting has started there or if it will in the next hour or so, then too late now.

Should he exit before Florida he'll need a good excuse to satisfy the media.

If he exits before Thursday's debate in Florida he misses more chances to attack Trump but why go to a Florida debate if you will exit after the debate but before March 15?
Exit before the debate and he gives Cruz the full stage to attack Trump.

To stay around just for the debate will not sit well with Trump and the media.
Our early voting in Florida started on Saturday the 5th and will end on Friday the 12th. The date for sending in absentee ballots was about a month ago. A lot of people - at least in my precinct - including me and my husband - vote early. Robyn

Old 03-08-2016, 09:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
I'm surprised that Rubio hasn't dropped out. If he loses in Florida, then he's done in politics, IMO given that his senate term expires this year. Probably means he wouldn't be nominated if he ran for governor.

Quite a change from someone who aspired to be president.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:23 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
"Rubio's advisers tell him to drop out before Florida."

Too late, early voting has started. Seriously, the supposed sources are all unnamed, I find that laughable. A foe is just trying to persuade folks not to vote for Rubio. If he dropped out now, any future opposition would just call him a quitter. Besides, his future in politics has already been somewhat damaged. Again, you don't drop out after voting has started. I wonder which mischief maker started this bogus lie.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm surprised that Rubio hasn't dropped out. If he loses in Florida, then he's done in politics, IMO given that his senate term expires this year. Probably means he wouldn't be nominated if he ran for governor.

Quite a change from someone who aspired to be president.
I'm sure he has enough connections where he can make great money doing something else.
He's a good speaker , so I'm sure he can make millions just with that.
Books,etc
Look at how well the Clintons have done with speeches.

I don't think he's even a millionaire like the others repub candidates, Cruz looks to be worth over $2million at least , Kasich is worth over $6million , Trump of course we know isn't hurting.

Most likely he will have to work for a living though unlike the other candidates if they lose.

I mean even Bernie Sanders has more money than Rubio..poor guy.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"Rubio's advisers tell him to drop out before Florida."

Too late, early voting has started. Seriously, the supposed sources are all unnamed, I find that laughable. A foe is just trying to persuade folks not to vote for Rubio. If he dropped out now, any future opposition would just call him a quitter. Besides, his future in politics has already been somewhat damaged. Again, you don't drop out after voting has started. I wonder which mischief maker started this bogus lie.
Maybe Ted or more specifically Ted's people did it...he was behind the 'rumors' that Carson was going to drop out a little while back.
I'm sure a lot of 'reporters' could be paid off with all the big corporate donor millions.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:35 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times
Dude, it'd be extremely dumb for Rubio to drop out before Florida. If he competes and loses, so be it. He gives it a try, it didn't work out, fine. But if he drops out, then he'd be labeled a quitter who is only looking out for his own interest. No one will believe him when he says he will fight for his voters - they will say, "Why did you drop out instead of fighting for your fellow Floridians??!!"

Is Ted Cruz spreading this rumor?? I knew it!!

Old 03-08-2016, 05:34 PM

Yeah I agree..why would someone work so hard to campaign and raise so much money , and do so many debates,etc and just quit? It really doesn't make sense in this case.
I could see in a Ben Carson case or Jeb Bush, but Rubio isn't doing as horrible now as they were doing.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:36 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
He's a good speaker , so I'm sure he can make millions just with that.
I listened to a few of his campaign rallies. He really does drone on like a robot stuck in monotone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections