Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2016, 09:27 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times

Advertisements

It seems to me that most of these videos of Trump rallies where there are disturbances and other crazy stuff are white on black incidents. Am I seeing the wrong videos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 09:27 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Show me where President Obama said he used divisive language.

If you tell thousands of supporters that Mexico is not sending us their best, they are sending rapists, etc. and a person has come from Mexico, they are probably going to feel like you called them a rapist. Thus the signs being held up in Chicago saying "We are not rapists". Personally, I think it's very sad that they felt they had to do that. That is what Trump has brought on.

Some are speculating that he did all this deliberately, to get all the attention and news coverage. Who knows, I wouldn't be surprised, he is a reality show celebrity.
Yes, I think Trump did this intentionally to explode into the news cycle and get all of the media's attention - something he has continued to do since then. But at the same time, Trump is not totally wrong. By having illegals come over and not through the proper channels, we don't get the opportunity to ensure we are getting the best and brightest - something every country wants with respect to their immigration policies. Of course, Trump said it was far more courseness and less elegance than others would have done.

I was referencing Obama's SOTU remarks on his 'regrets' about rancor, etc between the parties. I heard him say something similar in various interviews as well. Easy enough to google but it was the thing that came to mind.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:28 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So if he goes on with the rally it is a plan and if he cancels the rally it is a plan. Trump wants to speak. His followers want to hear him. What are they to do without being assaulted and threatened?
Perhaps they should not have held it in downtown Chicago on a university campus. Those protesters were young and clean cut. They resented the names he's called them and they have a right to express their distaste for such a person and they did. He can go out in the suburbs or the south where his supporters like to punch people in the face. He said today he thinks there should be more violence and he got it.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:28 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Seeing the reactions of all these simple-minded hating leftists, and the ones that promise to leave the country if he's elected, almost makes me want to vote for Trump.

Almost.

I wonder if this is the same group of Chicago a-holes that were chanting Death to America last weekend?

Old 03-11-2016, 09:30 PM

1,057 posts, read 868,196 times
Why aren't they protesting gang violence?

Old 03-11-2016, 09:31 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Ummm....Chicago's murder rate is not high, it is one of the lowest, especially for a city of its size in the country.

It has not been on any sort of "most dangerous" cities list for decades.

Just because the media focuses a lot on Chicago due to the President hailing from the Chi doesn't mean that it has a high murder rate. Murder rates in that city over the past 3 decades are the lowest they have been since the 1960s/1970s.

Chicago Heights, East Chicago and Harvey, IL all crack the top 30.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Most cities presently have the lowest murder rates on several decades because the overall murder rate in the U.S. is down.

Last edited by Yac; 03-24-2016 at 07:48 AM..

Old 03-11-2016, 09:31 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Is it different from being thrown out of a rally, and the speaker (trump) foaming "get him the hell outta here". Is that stopping the right of that person having their political opinion heard?
Didn't they just "get him the hell outta" there?
Um...the fact that it was a private event, and that they were not the scheduled speaker. But you knew that, right?

Tell ya what. Go to an Obama event and try the same stunt.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:34 PM

17 posts, read 10,832 times
We're quickly moving towards a 3rd world society. It reminds me of the Dominican Republic where they have to ban alcohol sales on election day and women vote in the morning, with men voting in the afternoon, in case there's violence in the streets between voters. This is where America is headed. People cheering this are no better than the racists at Trump rallies. All cut from the same cloth. All just begging for Marshall Law & a full-on military state.

Old 03-11-2016, 09:35 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Chicago Heights, East Chicago and Harvey, IL all crack the top 30.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Most cities presently have the lowest murder rates on several decades because the overall murder rate in the U.S. is down.
So you argue that indeed Chicago has a high murder rate and use as you proof data from two cities that are not Chicago? Ok.

Last edited by Yac; 03-24-2016 at 07:48 AM..

Old 03-11-2016, 09:35 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
So ........ do these Anarchist Leftists really think they can keep people from Voting in November?
Can Move On, Black Lives Matter, the Occupiers, the College Snowflakes keep people from Voting?

I'm betting NOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections