Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 04:10 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,743,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Unfortunately Sanders has his own baggage. Free to everybody is not free to everybody; somebody has to pay the bills. Don't listen to Sanders talking about Wall Street flipping the tab; there is simply not enough money to go around for all of his freebies. Then toss in his open borders belief's and there is nobody left with a job to pay taxes. The rich have no loyalty to stick around and cough up the money.
Not enough money to go around. Interesting. Hmmmmmmm
To bad those trillions of dollars spent on useless and destructive wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan can't be recouped. That would "pay the bills". Money well spent! And we don't even take good care of the vets who went through hell over there. Way to go U.S.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
You think that blocking roads so that people cannot listen to Trump is free speech? Do you think that telling Trump supporters that they are stupid, small, bigoted, people to vote for Trump is the spirit of free speech? People in glass houses should not throw stones - take one long hard look at what your side is up to.
Yes, telling trump supporters "you are stupid, small, bigoted" is free speech.
Damaging property is not free speech. It's damaging property. I don't know about about blocking traffic. I think that's illegal yeah?
Some UCSC kids blocked the freeway during commuter times on hwy1 in Santa Cruz protesting tuition fees awhile back. I can't remember if they were arrested or not. Given the commuter traffic in my county, i'm surprised no one assaulted them.
My point is that people have all sorts of ways of protesting and blocking people (you know ... the way the protesters do at the abortion clinics ) isn't unheard of.
And btw, are people actually going to those trump rallies to hear him say something new and different? No. They're going to those rallies like they were sporting events and for the excitement and for the potential drama.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:22 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
True, true, true.
I wish that people would not be so friggin cynical. That's one of the main reasons we're in this mess now and the reason (above all others i think) that people aren't giving Sanders a chance. He's a good man. A true humanitarian. Keeping the best of the flame of the left burning. And he would (will? never know ... miracles happen ) an excellent president. He's got integrity! And he knows how the system works and like you say, that is huge.

What's BBM by the way?
I respect bernie from the standpoint that I do believe in the big picture, he is an outsider, calling out the reality how bought off our system is. I'm shocked it took so long for a trump/sanders to appear to make this point so loudly from a high mountain but there it is.

Many of his other views/directions he wants our country to go in I seriously disagree with, like giving government that many don't trust/he doesn't trust yet give them a much bigger role in running our lives. But with that said, I'd love to see him get the nomination, not hillary(*yikes*).

Old 03-20-2016, 04:23 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Yes, telling trump supporters "you are stupid, small, bigoted" is free speech.
Damaging property is not free speech. It's damaging property. I don't know about about blocking traffic. I think that's illegal yeah?
Some UCSC kids blocked the freeway during commuter times on hwy1 in Santa Cruz protesting tuition fees awhile back. I can't remember if they were arrested or not. Given the commuter traffic in my county, i'm surprised no one assaulted them.
My point is that people have all sorts of ways of protesting and blocking people (you know ... the way the protesters do at the abortion clinics ) isn't unheard of.
And btw, are people actually going to those trump rallies to hear him say something new and different? No. They're going to those rallies like they were sporting events and for the excitement and for the potential drama.

Exactly, because they sure in heck aren't going to hear him talk about his plans, because he has none!

Old 03-20-2016, 04:24 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Not enough money to go around. Interesting. Hmmmmmmm
To bad those trillions of dollars spent on useless and destructive wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan can't be recouped. That would "pay the bills". Money well spent! And we don't even take good care of the vets who went through hell over there. Way to go U.S.A.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:30 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
No. They're going to those rallies like they were sporting events and for the excitement and for the potential drama.

I have to disagree again. They are going to see the next President of the United States! Not many will get a chance after the election - just like previous Presidents. It is a great opportunity that many don't want to miss.

PS I do agree with you about the wars.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:37 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
True, true, true.
I wish that people would not be so friggin cynical. That's one of the main reasons we're in this mess now and the reason (above all others i think) that people aren't giving Sanders a chance. He's a good man. A true humanitarian. Keeping the best of the flame of the left burning. And he would (will? never know ... miracles happen ) an excellent president. He's got integrity! And he knows how the system works and like you say, that is huge.

What's BBM by the way?

BBM..means Bolded By Me....and say this when I Bold a portion of quoted post to address... This is bolded

Old 03-20-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I have to disagree again. They are going to see the next President of the United States! Not many will get a chance after the election - just like previous Presidents. It is a great opportunity that many don't want to miss.

PS I do agree with you about the wars.
They may think that they're going to see the next president.
We'll see. We've got 7 more months of this b.s..

I'm not sure that's the main motivation however. People like to gather and are drawn to high energy events with lots of drama and potential mayhem. Stupid, unevolved, crude people are often drawn by / to violence. People used to like to watch others get hung in the wild west. Ancient Romans used to go and watch men fighting each other until death. The examples of people enjoying the spectacle of chaos and violence throughout history are many.
Trump is pandering to this kind of "blood-lust" ...this hunger for excitement .... titillation. Sorry, but it's true.
Anyone who goes to a trump event and doesn't admit that they're going, at least in part, to see some action isn't telling the truth ... imo.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
BBM..means Bolded By Me....and say this when I Bold a portion of quoted post to address... This is bolded
Got it.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:02 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Tell me what President has been what their supporters thought they would be? How many times have candidates promised change and not delivered? What we do know is that the establishment and even the world does not want Trump and they fear his change - good enough reason for most of us to vote Trump!
I am not establishment but I fear for a world in which we have to refer to Donald Trump as President Trump. Why, because he is a corporatist and a globalist and yet Trump supporters are either ignorant to this or worse too stupid to realize this. They are drawn to the whole let down by Washington rhetoric and a number of Trump supporters (even on here) do think he can get rid of the illegals, cut off the Syrian refugees and ban Muslims coming in and build the wall like no other candidate can do. Remember the bully pulpit can only do so much. Many of Trump's promises wont come true and those who are blind enough to follow him and fully believe him will be entirely let down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections