Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 05:48 PM

3,910 posts, read 1,843,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seweryn_Szeliga View Post
He also won Washington by 76%
Landslide
That's right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 05:59 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,040,346 times
CNN just announced that Hawaii results aren't expected until mid-night eastern time (which is 6:00 pm standard time in Hawaii, no DST in Hawaii).

That's 9:00 pm Pacific time, 10:00 pm mountain time, and 11:00 pm central time (assuming DST). I suspect that they'll have some preliminary results slightly before that, however.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:09 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Nothing surprising or amazing about this win, it was predicted by Clinton camp! Alaska isn't California or New York!
Does it need to be surprising or amazing to be significant?

Should we dismiss all Hillary's wins in the south because everyone knew she was going to clean up there?

There's limited polling out of California but what there is suggests Sanders is already within striking distance and is likely to walk away with at least ~half the delegates there. Clinton looks well positioned to easily win NY.

One thing I've noticed is that the "new money" liberals are pretty much all in for Sanders. Those who came from wealthy families seem to back Clinton. I suspect there's something to it. Sanders' message resonates with people who had to struggle through college and when they were just starting their careers. People who grew up with a pile of cash and solid connections never had to worry about how they were going to get through college and had high paying jobs handed to them. Of course they can't identify with Bernie's message.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:17 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,410,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Expand social security, a system that is by any logical metric insolvent. Tuition free college. Free healthcare. Reparations for native Americans. Good thing we aren't $19 trillion in debt or I'd be worried. Maybe it will be offset with all the economic growth from his $15/hr min wage and increased regulations.

Ps....so why are we going to tax Wall Street since we 'bailed out wall street'? Why not tax the auto makers?
It beats expanding the wars and wasting trillions more there.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:20 PM

41,002 posts, read 49,448,453 times
Wouldn't it be nice to see the Burn beat Hillary.

Even if he did, the Clinton structure would find away to get H the nomination.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:40 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,579,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
One thing I've noticed is that the "new money" liberals are pretty much all in for Sanders. Those who came from wealthy families seem to back Clinton. I suspect there's something to it. Sanders' message resonates with people who had to struggle through college and when they were just starting their careers. People who grew up with a pile of cash and solid connections never had to worry about how they were going to get through college and had high paying jobs handed to them. Of course they can't identify with Bernie's message.
How did you notice that? By looking around your circle of friends? Because it's certainly not true of me or my circle of friends. Those of us who support Clinton come from a background of working families who struggled to pay bills and rent. I'm the first generation in my family to attend college and I worked to pay my own way 100%, including tuition and living expenses, without college loans or family help. We weren't even lower middle class, we were dirt poor - welfare poor. My father left us when I was a child so I was raised by a single mom and that's why I so avidly appreciate Clinton's advocacy for women's rights.
Clinton came from a family of modest means and background who worked hard to become marginally middle class. Like many of my friends I identify with both Clinton's and Sanders' family's struggles.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:47 PM

3,910 posts, read 1,843,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Every time I listen to him..I cannot help but find him talking "Common Sense"
GO Bernie..Maybe some sort of "New Deal" could be accomplished IF voters come out in force!!
Bernie is an inspiration

Old 03-26-2016, 06:59 PM

1,553 posts, read 930,632 times
Good to see No-Chance Sanders rackin' up the wins in states that have more goats and moose than people.

You go, No-Chance...

Old 03-26-2016, 07:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,845,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Sanders could still run as a third party candidate; that would be interesting. He has always been an "independent", why not run as one?
Because the last thing he wants is an R president.

Really, the math isn't difficult to grasp.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:05 PM

14,221 posts, read 7,004,043 times
Final tally. Sanders wins Alaska 81-19!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections