Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 07:12 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,740,527 times

Advertisements

It's sad the media can't even comment on his win without ending the article talking about Hillary.

Bernie Sanders Wins Washington State and Alaska Democratic Caucuses - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2016, 07:16 PM

184 posts, read 136,208 times
Bernie gonna sweep..

Alaska Caucus Results Indicate Bernie Sanders Poised for Sweeping Victory

Old 03-26-2016, 07:21 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,393,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
Good to see No-Chance Sanders rackin' up the wins in states that have more goats and moose than people.

You go, No-Chance...
Yep..After final tally Bernie wins Alaska by 80%+..kind of tells ya..there is a real appetite for folks to finally get something..instead of being stuck with the bill for Corporate /Wall Street bailouts or worse.. write-offs ..which GOPer's always suggest "Trickle down affect..THAT Myth has been debunked decades ago..but for some reason THEY still push the same OLD "Program"..and only beneficiaries are the top 1%.....never mind getting bailed out when they goof up ..Sheesh!!

Anyway..Bernie is bring inspiration to middle class and below..and no doubt those middle and upper class..Only one's who decry his message are those who are caught up in the past..or sitting right now in real time..very comfy cozy with their lot...IF Bernie does win outright ( Rigged System)..just maybe Hillary will pull him in as VP..because he does have many numerous contacts within Congress...much like BO had with his VP choice

Old 03-26-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Only one's who decry his message are those who are caught up in the past..or sitting right now in real time..very comfy cozy with their lot...
So some people don't want or hate change..?

Old 03-26-2016, 07:31 PM

Doc unprepared for the huge turnout telling people to leave..

https://www.twitter.com/ashleydavidovna

Old 03-26-2016, 07:34 PM

9,388 posts, read 6,495,698 times
Default Bernie gets WA & AK

"In the biggest contest of the night with 101 delegates at stake, the Pacific Northwest state of Washington has just been called for Sanders after he was leading by a huge margin, garnering 70 percent of the vote. In one county, almost 90 percent of ballots were cast for Sanders."

https://www.rt.com/usa/337328-sander...ington-alaska/

The Bern only gets hotter.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:38 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,182,164 times

I can't wait until it's my state's turn! I and everyone in my circle are planning to rush to the polls for SANDERS.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:49 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,007,043 times
Interesting times we live in!

If someone told me 40 years ago that we would have an African-American president, an old Jewish guy and a former First Lady have a shot at being president I would have been too astonished to believe it!

Then again smartphones and legal same sex marriages would be something I couldn't have imagined either.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:58 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,393,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribes View Post
So some people don't want or hate change..?
YEP..and these same folks have no idea on what's going on Globally when it comes to Economics/jobs/Trade/ World views..and want to go back 50-60 years..and live like they did back in the day! Will not happen..and to ignore and didn't bother to learn about the evolution of World Trade/Country interactions and the premise for it....I guess as an older retired person must be a lost species..since I get it..understand it..and realize..Corporations/Trickle Down affect mentality ain't working ( never really did)..

BUT low information folks just listened to rhetoric by the media they have always listened to ..and BE-Lieve IT!! Gospel Truth...whatever It is.
IT will never help American to grow IF they want to barricade borders/stop whatever they feel offensive! Then pay no/low taxes (yet demand services?) has always boggled my mind!! Cost of Living has gone up huge..Yet Minimum wage hasn't since far too long ago..

Anecdotal..Sure I made far less money when first started out ( '70's) but COL went up year by year..and so did my income...but this actual increases of COL has been rising far higher than what GDP indicates...Whether its Heat/Interest rates for Credit Cards/Hydro/Rent/Bank Fees/College/University Costs/Travel/Licence Fees/ and the list goes on forever of cost increases..yet NOT included in the GDP...
When Social Security doesn't increase their payments..tells the tale..eh? It wasn't much increase ( about 1.5% annually) but it was at least something..2016..nadda!! Hummmm BUT Corporate profits rise/ millions of bonuses for top corporate folks..It's infuriating !!!!

Ohhh BTW~~ TY all for letting me vent!!

Old 03-26-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Then again smartphones and legal same sex marriages would be something I couldn't have imagined either.
smartphones.....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections