Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 10:48 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

Kasich looked the most Presidential in the town hall, he has been over 200 of those.

Kasich made Cruz look like a fraud and fake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 12:07 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Can someone say why these things are stickys?

Old 03-30-2016, 01:49 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
My home state of Florida, Fort Hood. Poor Ted, doesn't even know his home state.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:52 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Re: Kasich's mismatched attire, maybe he does it on purpose to appeal toe regular Joes, since he can only mention so many times that his dad was a mailman. (That and apparently getting his hair cut by his wife with a FlowBee.)

Re: amnesty, since he says we can't take people out of their homes with their kids screaming and crying, can we start with the people who don't have kids? Can this children as a get-out-of-jail-free card be applied to Americans who sit in our jails and would love to get out and return to their loved ones? Great to know that reproduction gives one carte blanche to break laws!

Old 03-30-2016, 04:15 AM

23,610 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Re: Kasich's mismatched attire, maybe he does it on purpose to appeal toe regular Joes, since he can only mention so many times that his dad was a mailman. (That and apparently getting his hair cut by his wife with a FlowBee.)

Re: amnesty, since he says we can't take people out of their homes with their kids screaming and crying, can we start with the people who don't have kids? Can this children as a get-out-of-jail-free card be applied to Americans who sit in our jails and would love to get out and return to their loved ones? Great to know that reproduction gives one carte blanche to break laws!
Nah, it would probably only apply to illegals who are in jail.
(lmao @ the FlowBee remark )

But speaking of his comment about taking people out of their homes - I don't know where candidates/people are getting the idea that's how it would be done, since no one had ever stated it would be like that. More than likely that kind of talk is just to incite drama and stir people up.

His comment was..

[we aren't] "going to yank people out of their homes, leaving their kids on the front porch crying and screaming"

What's worse is that shortly after he made that comment, which was obviously made for drama and to stir people up, he made this comment...

"I can say all kinds of things to get people stirred up, but leaders don't do that." .. what a hypocrite!

Old 03-30-2016, 05:40 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So twenty people don't clutter up the board with twenty new topics on the same event. It gets redundant and confusing.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
I missed it .... had to wash my hair.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:52 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
My home state of Florida, Fort Hood. Poor Ted, doesn't even know his home state.
I noticed that, too.

Mick

Old 03-30-2016, 05:53 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They are stickies the day of the event and then unstuck the next day. Sometimes they remain a sticky longer if they are still getting a lot of traffic. Part of the rationale behind it is so people can readily see it is already a thread to keep duplicate threads at a minimum. Is there a particular reason why you object to this?

Old 03-30-2016, 05:56 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Just watched this back and my God, how clueless can Trump be?! He said healthcare and education were two of the most important roles of government but claims he's against Obamacare and Common Core, which are government run healthcare and education. Then when Cooper calls him out on it, he backtracks and says it should be at the state level but government needs to play a role too. This pathetic fraud contradicts himself twice within a minute. What a complete joke. Cruz on the other hand was measured and knew his stuff, as usual. That's what a President looks and sounds like.
Yup, the education answer was a total disaster . . . . especially because he has said before that he'd abolish the Department of Education. Maybe he will replace it with . . . . a new Department of Education. And Common Core is a state-level initiative, not Federal (though there are testing and funding components that are affected by Federal policy).

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections