Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 06:00 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
He's even more clueless than Palin.
You just lost credibility . . . . no one is more clueless than Palin. No one.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Really doesn't matter ... if Trump is anywhere near 1237 and doesn't get the nomination, he runs as an Independent virtually clinching the Presidency for the Dems.
Mr. Trump is no dummy. He might be highly offended by RNC's actions, but he is not going to spend more than $100M just to prove a point. It's more likely that he'd tell his supporters to stay home or write in his name.

Mick

Old 03-30-2016, 06:09 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Yup, the education answer was a total disaster . . . . especially because he has said before that he'd abolish the Department of Education. Maybe he will replace it with . . . . a new Department of Education. And Common Core is a state-level initiative, not Federal (though there are testing and funding components that are affected by Federal policy).

Mick
The states may be who implement Common Core but it is very, very much driven by the federal government, which does everything just short of requiring it. Probably the reason they stop short of requiring it is because that would be against the 10th amendment. As a person in the education field I could get on a mighty high soap box ranting about it, but I'll save that for a more appropriate time. I will, however, point out that his answers when questioned on this topic make it crystal clear he does not have a clue what he is talking about on this topic other than he knows a couple of the buzz words for what people are complaining about. Which, when I think about it, pretty much describes his discourse on most topics.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:11 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
How is that a lie? Those are the current rules, which we all know because a particular Trump fan brings it up about every other day. Yes, those rules can be changed but as the rules stand today he is correct. His claim that you are calling a lie doesn't even fit in the infamous hyperbole category.
Many others brought it up this rule before I said anything about it, when they thought it would keep Trump from the nomination. Once I determined that it might mean that only Trump could be nominated, that chorus fell silent. I've only raised it when those wish to absolutely hold Trump to the 1237 delegate rule. i.e. "Rules are the Rules".

Ironically Rule 40 was created to insure that only Mitt Romney could be nominated. Now he is one of the biggest critics of Trump who seeks to have the rules that favored him, so that they don't favor Trump. Hypocrisy at it's best.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Yup, the education answer was a total disaster . . . . especially because he has said before that he'd abolish the Department of Education. Maybe he will replace it with . . . . a new Department of Education. And Common Core is a state-level initiative, not Federal (though there are testing and funding components that are affected by Federal policy).

Mick
Well not to parents and teachers. They hate common core & the US Dept. of Education.

Huge numbers of parents & teachers (who generally support Democrats) absolutely see no point of the US Department of Education and common core. Teachers are no longer allowed to actually teach and instead spend all their time presenting "materials" they have no control over and performing endless testing.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Well not to parents and teachers. They hate common core & the US Dept. of Education.

Huge numbers of parents & teachers (who generally support Democrats) absolutely see no point of the US Department of Education and common core. Teachers are no longer allowed to actually teach and instead spend all their time presenting "materials" they have no control over and performing endless testing.
Yet Mr. Trump somehow thinks that education is one of the three most important functions of the Federal government, like he said last night. Do you see any problems there?

Mick

Old 03-30-2016, 06:36 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Kasich looked the most Presidential in the town hall, he has been over 200 of those.

Kasich made Cruz look like a fraud and fake.
Making Cruz look like a fraud is child's play.

Also, it was necessary for Kasich to attend many, many town halls during his run for Gov. I'm sure it wasn't easy trying to convince voters why they should vote for an ex managing director for Lehman Bros during it's collapse, almost taking down the entire economy with it. Oh, and getting a fat bonus as well.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Yet Mr. Trump somehow thinks that education is one of the three most important functions of the Federal government, like he said last night. Do you see any problems there?

Mick
Nope, because you focus on one tree instead of looking at the forest.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:49 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
The results of the GOP town hall last night summed up ... "Pledge? What pledge?"

Old 03-30-2016, 06:58 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,969 times
Quote:
Mr. Trump is no dummy. He might be highly offended by RNC's actions, but he is not going to spend more than $100M just to prove a point. It's more likely that he'd tell his supporters to stay home or write in his name.

Mick
Wanna bet ? If the RNC screws with the nomination, he will definitely do everything in his power to make sure Cruz doesn't make it to Pennsylvania Ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections