Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 11:43 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times

Advertisements

Six months ago the public was evenly divided on support for a border wall. Six months later, that support has fallen off by a margin of 38% still in favor, but 58% now against.

Pew poll: Support for border wall with Mexico drops to … 38/58 « Hot Air

What changed?

In a word: Trump. As one pundit put it on Twitter: "It could be that Trump has made the issue so his thing that it basically meant if you're against Trump you're against the wall."

Old 04-02-2016, 11:53 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
I bet there are polls that could show more support for the wall than there is opposition.

It's so easy to get whatever result you want out of polls, that they are almost completely useless for anything other than pushing a certain agenda.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:54 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
People who are to stupid to protect themselves are to stupid to be protected.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:57 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I do not believe that one bit. I don't care what a poll says, people are fed up, especially those that see the illegals sucking off the public assistance teat like there is no tomorrow. The schools in areas infested with illegal aliens are doing very poorly and since the illegals have 4 or 5 kids, since we support them, American citizens can only afford one or two children and many not even that.

Anyone looking at the illegal drugs pouring in and the latest is cheap meth will see the necessity of the wall also. Maybe this polled illegal drug users and those that exploit illegals.

Job loss to illegal has become too great. Now 1 in every 8 white collar jobs is held by an illegal alien. I have watched them replace American workers in KS with illegal labor. Illegal labor does not report dangerous working conditions or being cheated on their pay especially if it is in cash.

There be no convincing me that people don't want the wall especially with the ISIS terrorist training camp just 8 miles outside TX in Mexico.

Obviously, whoever they polled is either benefiting from illegal aliens in some way, are illegal aliens, use or sell the illegal drugs coming in, drunk or just aren't very bright and can't put it together. Of course, there is fear of violence and maybe being tracked down even if answering by phone. As we know, many have become unhinged.

Personally, I think this is just another dig at Trump who fully supports the wall. Funny if so many disagree with a wall that Trump is winning state after state.

Yeah, try to sell that elsewhere, because I am not buying.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Obviously, whoever they polled is either benefiting from illegal aliens in some way, are illegal aliens, use or sell the illegal drugs coming in, drunk or just aren't very bright and can't put it together. Of course, there is fear of violence and maybe being tracked down even if answering by phone. As we know, many have become unhinged.
I think you missed the point. A lot of people, pre-Trump's candidacy, supported a wall. But those who don't like Trump--and that's a growing demographic--see the wall as a "Trump issue" and are rejecting it because they reject him.

Just a glimpse at the damage Trump's presidency is doing to Conservative issues.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:09 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I think you missed the point. A lot of people, pre-Trump's candidacy, supported a wall. But those who don't like Trump--and that's a growing demographic--see the wall as a "Trump issue" and are rejecting it because they reject him.

Just a glimpse at the damage Trump's presidency is doing to Conservative issues.
Uh no ...

Mr. Haney copied Trump on his wall position ...

https://www.tedcruz.org/cruz-immigration-plan-summary/

Your posts are analogous to what the GOP is doing to stop Trump ... useless. You're delusional if you think most Americans want illegal Mexicans and drugs pouring over the border. Even the most left-wing liberals don't want their kids addicted to heroin ... get a clue.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:12 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,890 times
Perfect. The GOP says the voters really want Nikki Haley to be the nominee. They seem to be very in touch with the voters. So we will see.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:20 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Six months ago the public was evenly divided on support for a border wall. Six months later, that support has fallen off by a margin of 38% still in favor, but 58% now against.

Pew poll: Support for border wall with Mexico drops to … 38/58 « Hot Air

What changed?

In a word: Trump. As one pundit put it on Twitter: "It could be that Trump has made the issue so his thing that it basically meant if you're against Trump you're against the wall."
People have a tendency to buy into polls when the outcomes validate their perceptions/ ideology.

In this case 2,254 adults participated.

I am always curious as to who takes calls from strangers and spills their beans.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:22 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
People have a tendency to buy into polls when the outcomes validate their perceptions/ ideology.

In this case 2,254 adults participated.

I am always curious as to who takes calls from strangers and spills their beans.
People with a lot of time on their hands like the ones collecting benefits when they should be working.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:23 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
I noticed Cruz wants to build a wall too. Cruz wall, good, Trump wall, bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections