Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 03:56 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times

Advertisements

Latest disapproval ratings of the presidential candidates:

Kasich 47%

Sanders 48%

Clinton 55%

Cruz 59%

Trump 68%

It seems that Americans are willing to vote for people they dislike.

File under "nice guys finish last."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 05:34 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
The people like Trump because he doesn't talk down to them. He doesn't talk like a politician.

Cruz keeps insisting that Trump can't beat Hillary,,, but if Cruz can't beat Trump, he certainly shouldn't be considered a choice candidate. Why is Kaisch still in this?

I believe Trump and Hillary will go to the finals, and Hillary will be the victor. It was a fun ride. And it isn't over yet. The best is yet to come.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Kasich 47%

Sanders 48%

Clinton 55%

Cruz 59%

Trump 68%

Isn't this just plain scary? Of course if we want to vote and I feel it is everyone's duty to vote, we have to wo with the selections given. In this case, this year, it is almost a shame.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The people like Trump because he doesn't talk down to them. He doesn't talk like a politician.

Cruz keeps insisting that Trump can't beat Hillary,,, but if Cruz can't beat Trump, he certainly shouldn't be considered a choice candidate. Why is Kaisch still in this?

I believe Trump and Hillary will go to the finals, and Hillary will be the victor. It was a fun ride. And it isn't over yet. The best is yet to come.
OMG, what are you missing? this isn't about liking, this is about not liking. He is the most disliked of all of them. It does appear you are not paying much attention to the subject of this thread. It has nothing to do with Kasich staying in the race or who should be considered as a choice.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:47 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
I dislike Trump.

I despise Hillary.

I will vote for Trump in November.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:58 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

Kasich 47%

Sanders 48%

Clinton 55%

Cruz 59%

Trump 68%

I think shallow people think about like/dislike as in a "personality" contest. The reality is, we are not trying to elect Mr./Mrs. Congeniality but the person that we feel, of the choices available, will best serve the desperate needs of our country. Most people seem to feel that Trump is the person to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

Cruz is nuts! Kasich is trying to keep Trump from getting the 1237 and is obviously be funded by someone to do this. Hillary versus Trump? The most disliked of the two would be Hillary and she is being tried in the court of public opinion even though she is not being brought up on charges as yet. It is hard to vote for someone for whom you have no respect or is above the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I dislike Trump.

I despise Hillary.

I will vote for Trump in November.
Ah, yes, "the lesser of the evils" and you won't be the only one.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:20 AM

1,009 posts, read 709,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Wow! New poll shows 7 out of 10 hate Trump! But please tell us how he can win a general election again LOL.

Donald Trump shuffles campaign as poll shows 7 out of 10 don
GM Dexter ! How you doing Trump won now on to NJ and PA !

Old 04-20-2016, 02:59 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
That doesn't mean people want him to be President. Justin Bieber gets even more people than Trump does but absolutely no one is saying Bieber would be a good President.
The last time I checked, JB is not running for president.

Bob.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:02 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think shallow people think about like/dislike as in a "personality" contest. The reality is, we are not trying to elect Mr./Mrs. Congeniality but the person that we feel, of the choices available, will best serve the desperate needs of our country. Most people seem to feel that Trump is the person to do that.
Most people? What have you been drinking? The majority of Republicans hate Trump let alone the majority of the country. In case you forgot..Three-quarters of women view him unfavorably. So do nearly two-thirds of independents, 80 percent of young adults, 85 percent of Hispanics, 91 percent of African-Americans and nearly half of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:43 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Most people? What have you been drinking? The majority of Republicans hate Trump let alone the majority of the country. In case you forgot..Three-quarters of women view him unfavorably. So do nearly two-thirds of independents, 80 percent of young adults, 85 percent of Hispanics, 91 percent of African-Americans and nearly half of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents.
It is so easy to run off at the mouth.
Lets see some real facts to back up your dribble.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections