Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 05:24 PM

754 posts, read 486,551 times

Advertisements

Trump today has made it clear on three different issues his positions.

Today he said he supports the idea of transgender people using bathrooms of their "new" gender.

Today later he said he would absolutely raise taxes on the rich.

Today he has also said he wants reposition the GOP platform on abortion, for cases of rape, incest etc (to be fair he's always had this position).

Cenk Uygur of the youngturks and many others believe Donald Trump the whole time has just been "crowd surfing" constantly tossing red meat to republican base, telling what they want to hear, in order to get their votes and then completely change positions for the GE once's he's the nominee.

I have no idea if any of this is true, but if it is, it will absolutely be hilarious to watch the reactions of Hannity, Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham who literally think he is the "new Reagan conservative! v2.0".

Is this the start of Trumps political move to the center then? I mean we're out of the south, after next week all we have next are a few mid western states to vote and California. I suspect we may not hear many "did I forget to denounce the KKK oops" lines again. He appreciates the votes though.

Surely he's not going to crap all over his base??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 05:27 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,708,545 times
I an liking this makes me want to switch if Sanders doesn't win

Old 04-21-2016, 05:29 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post

Today he said he supports the idea of transgender people using bathrooms of their "new" gender.

Today he has also said he wants reposition the GOP platform on abortion, for cases of rape, incest etc (to be fair he's always had this position).

Cenk Uygur of the youngturks and many others believe Donald Trump the whole time has just been "crowd surfing" constantly tossing red meat to republican base, telling what they want to hear, in order to get their votes and then completely change positions for the GE once's he's the nominee.

I have no idea if any of this is true, but if it is, it will absolutely be hilarious to watch the reactions of Hannity, Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham who literally think he is the "new Reagan conservative! v2.0".

Is this the start of Trumps political move to the center then? I mean we're out of the south, after next week all we have next are a few mid western states to vote and California. I suspect we may not hear many "did I forget to denounce the KKK oops" lines again. He appreciates the votes though.

Uh oh. The Trump angry voters are going to get really really angry.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:34 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
Quote:
He had already stated this a couple of times. It's my belief it's one of the primary reasons most of the big money Republicans and big money Democrats dislike him so much.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:37 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,444,815 times
Probably...at this point...he seems all but likely to wrap up the nomination.

I must admit...to see a Trump vs. Hillary presidential election is a once in a lifetime experience

Either he will prevail or completely destroy the GOP with him

Old 04-21-2016, 05:37 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Time will tell. Trump could end up being the thing that fixes the Republican party - getting rid of the social conservative, religious positions, focusing on people-oriented changes to save and even expand SS and other programs, cutting foreign aid and military spending, wealth redistribution through more sensible tax policy, and enforcing immigration law. In short, a democrat with a little sense. Sound, centrist policies would have broad appeal and he might be able to mend his horrible image with so many Americans in time for the election.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:39 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post

I must admit...to see a Trump vs. Hillary presidential election is a once in a lifetime experience

Either way he would destroy the GOP as we know it now. He is no Republican.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:39 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times
One thing that some people like about Trump is that he's obviously honest about stating what he believes regarding controversial issues. He doesn't take a poll and then evolve on how he thinks. He's quite liberal on many social issues.
Mr. Trump is not and has never been conservative which anyone who follows him knows. That's not what his appeal is to conservatives.
There's nothing new here for anyone.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:44 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post

If he keeps moving over, he may end up running to the left of Hillary.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:44 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,122 times
Quote:

D'uh. The only faulty logic is that Donald is tossing red meat to the "republican" base. He is throwing the meat to HIS fan base, many of whom have never voted for a GOP candidate and have no idea what Conservatism is (obviously). If Donald's scam University, scam Vitamin scheme and his failed investments have proven anything, it has proven he has a great ability to sucker people who rely on emotion rather than logic to get through life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections