Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 10:39 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,847 times

Advertisements

Cruz lost the day he was born with that face
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 10:55 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,505 times
Well Lyin' Ted supports the wall, deportation, and carpet bombing he's a good candidate in my opinion

Old 04-23-2016, 10:58 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Bill O'Reilly was saying Governor Martinez from New Mexico would be best choice for Trump VP. Makes sense.
I would hate to see her leave New Mexico though. She's helping empower girls by showing they can achieve more in life (something that state lacks). Since the press tends to destroy people, that could cause one step back. At this point, I'd rather see someone else picked.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:09 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
Imho Trump should tell directly Cruz and Kasich that if they persist in wasting delegates despite knowing thay can't get the 1237, then he won't appoint them at any cabinet position.
Why would they care? Trump stands almost no chance of actually winning the general election anyway, so that seems like a pretty empty threat.

And even if he does manage to get elected (highly unlikely), why would anyone who wants to have a future want to commit political suicide by attaching themselves to a Trump administration?

Old 04-23-2016, 11:15 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Bill O'Reilly was saying Governor Martinez from New Mexico would be best choice for Trump VP. Makes sense.
No it doesn't. O'Reilly doesn't know what he's talking about, again. She's not a good governor and she would be of no use to Trump in dealing with Congress which is his planned role for his VP pick per him.

New Mexico is currently (Dec 2015) rated as the worst run state in the US. The year before (Dec 2014), it was Number 49.

"New Mexico is losing residents at a fast clip. They over-rely on government aid and their credit rating went from stable to negative. They have the second highest crime rate in the country. Doesn't the governor play some part in righting that ship? Everybody points to Susana Martinez because she's Hispanic but how could any Republican even think about voting for a governor who has a lousy credit rating, a high crime rate and over-relies on government?"

2014 rating

The Best and Worst Run States in America: A Survey of All 50 - 24/7 Wall St.

2015 rating (Page 11)

Old 04-23-2016, 11:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Tough Times for Cruz Supporters

Just wait 'til Wednesday...

Old 04-23-2016, 11:26 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
I'll say it again. Rubio is a good choice. He placates conservatives, brings in Hispanics, and adds some youth to the ticket. He could spend 4-8 years as VP and be extremely well positioned to be elected President after that. You can tell Rubio and Trump secretly enjoy the competitive banter.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:35 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
No it doesn't. O'Reilly doesn't know what he's talking about, again. She's not a good governor and she would be of no use to Trump in dealing with Congress which is his planned role for his VP pick per him.

New Mexico is currently (Dec 2015) rated as the worst run state in the US. The year before (Dec 2014), it was Number 49.

"New Mexico is losing residents at a fast clip. They over-rely on government aid and their credit rating went from stable to negative. They have the second highest crime rate in the country. Doesn't the governor play some part in righting that ship? Everybody points to Susana Martinez because she's Hispanic but how could any Republican even think about voting for a governor who has a lousy credit rating, a high crime rate and over-relies on government?"

2014 rating

2015 rating (Page 11)

It's like screeching Chalk on a Chalkboard every time I hear anyone buy into the Leftist Identity Politics.
I agree with Laura, picking Martinez just because the Left says that it must be a woman, a hispanic, a Black or a Muslim is Ludicrous if that it all it's based on. Any Vice President (Democrat or Republican) pretty much needs to be somebody the President can rely on for advise and discretion - it's a bonus if the pick can bring a State and fills a void for the President. VP's tend to be different in personality to the President, but have to have a good relationship with him/her. The glaring exception to this was JFK's pick of LBJ ..... he had no choice. LBJ brought Texas & a good part of the South & West + he was much more dangerous to the President as an opponent outside of the Administration.

Trump (or Cruz for that matter) needs a VP that can do two things -
1) Know how Congress works, and be able work with them to pass the Presidents Agenda.
2) Have a good knowledge of Foreign Affairs and know the players & history.

The other key appointment will be the President's Chief of Staff when it comes to advise & working with Congress. IF I could choose those 2 positions (assuming they could be recruited) - I would puttor Rubio at Chief of Staff and try to get Bob Gates as VP, although Condi Rice as VP & Gates at Secretary of State would be great also. I'm looking at their history, extreme competence and track records of playing well with others. I think Kasich would jump at the VP spot (he is term limited in Ohio), but he is correct that he would make a lousy VP - Kasich has a massive ego and doesn't play well with others. His bad temper is legendary.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:38 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
Quote:
I'm not so sure about that. She might be good, she might not be good. Trump is in good position and doesn't really need to go out on a limb like that. He should choose from the poll-tested options like Rubio and Kasich.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:39 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,991,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I'll say it again. Rubio is a good choice. He placates conservatives, brings in Hispanics, and adds some youth to the ticket. He could spend 4-8 years as VP and be extremely well positioned to be elected President after that. You can tell Rubio and Trump secretly enjoy the competitive banter.

What youth?

Cruz was born 12-22-1970
Rubio was born 5-28-1971

They are pretty much the SAME age. Rubio just looks like a kid while Ted looks like a bloated weasel.

The whole "youth" spiel is fr the bird when they're only 5 months apart. Not even 5 years. Months.

He's as tightly wound as Taylor Swift. He's so image conscious he's fake. That's why hes Mr. Ruboto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections