Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 11:51 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Look, Trump is not my guy, Kasich is, but if it comes to pass that Trump is elected, we need to keep in mind that the forefathers intended us to be governed by regular, flawed citizens who care, and try to do a good job. I am not in favor of A Trump makeover, in order for him to seem more presidential.
The Presidency has evolved into something a lot more complicated than it was in George Washngtons time, so the most important ability a president can have is a global awareness, and an ability to surround himself with experts. I'm sure Trump is capable of this.
What makes you think so? His calling Mexicans murderers and rapists? His plan to ban all Muslims from entering the country? His suggestion to encourage nuclear proliferation? His call to replace trade agreements with tariffs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 11:58 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
The problem with Hillary vs Trump is that they both are corrupt individuals that say dumb things.

Unfortunate Hillary Clinton Quotes

The 5 Dumbest Things Hillary Clinton Has Said Since 2008

20 Hillary Clinton Quotes You Should Read Before Voting For Her - John Hawkins

Old 04-23-2016, 12:06 PM

957 posts, read 1,133,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
"We won Connecticut"

There you go, guys. He said that yesterday. Go ahead and make fun until Tuesday.
maybe he said "We won't connect it cut"

btw I wish he remains unpresidential, in fact I hope he'll get more and more unpresidential

Old 04-23-2016, 12:11 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
What makes you think so? His calling Mexicans murderers and rapists? His plan to ban all Muslims from entering the country? His suggestion to encourage nuclear proliferation? His call to replace trade agreements with tariffs?
My friend used to say about her teenagers, "It's better you don't like what they're saying, than if they aren't saying anything."
In a way, I feel this way about Trump. I'd rather hear unvarnished truth that makes me wince, than polished politicians, saying what they think I want to hear.
This is the crux of Trumps popularity, I think.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Derangement topic of the day.

This time pronouncement of an unusual last name.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:18 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I mean, how many times will any President say John Kasich's name?
probably never, but i do think it highlights one of trump's faults. he is running in a campaign for POTUS but he won't even do the minimal amount of research to learn the correct pronunciation of an opponents name. it seems to me a lot of trump's views are high on opinion, low on research.

another of trump's faults is constantly contradicting himself. here he starts the statement by claiming he doesn't know the correct pronunciation...... then ends the statement by giving the correct pronunciation.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:24 PM

957 posts, read 1,133,630 times
I think he knows how Kasich is pronounced and just wanna make the crowd have a laugh...

Old 04-23-2016, 01:42 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Here we go again

It's been explained many, many times but you insist on repeating the same old lies. Trump did NOT call all Mexicans "murders and rapists". Nor did he say he would permanently ban Muslims from entering the country. I think you actually know these things but for some reason prefer to repeat lies.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:47 PM

14,478 posts, read 20,657,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
He apparently hasn't received the Manafort memo regarding the 'new and improved' Trump. Or do you think he might try to hang onto his two different personas--one for the rallies and one for the RNC? Guess he simply assumes his cult doesn't follow the news.
Wait until Wednesday when Trump gives his foreign policy speech to the National Press Club. I am sure he will use a telepromter.
Then you may see (hear) the "presidential" version.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:52 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
I think he knows how Kasich is pronounced and just wanna make the crowd have a laugh...

Duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections