Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 09:54 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
He ran for president in 2000?

Make things up much?
I've been accused of a few things in my day, but I think this is the first for "making things up."

No, not much, not at all really...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Oh, for Christ's sake, do your own research.

There is plenty out there on the 1986 amnesty and the promises that were made at the time.
Oh Hell, of course, to be expected! I forgot my note to self!

Old 04-28-2016, 04:39 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
He's not sympathetic of your self induced problems.
He'll hold you accountable for your jury duty summons, right?
I didn't respond to a jury summons...now I'm in trouble...need help

Old 04-28-2016, 04:43 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
...because I'm a poorly-educated moron who doesn't understand politics and am unable to see through the charade.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:37 PM

248 posts, read 172,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
He'll hold you accountable for your jury duty summons, right?
I didn't respond to a jury summons...now I'm in trouble...need help
I said it before and I'll say it again:
"Good job Mr Due Diligence....you must have a busy life with a lot going on.
I'm certainly not here to give life lessons...if you're seeking that in a public internet forum you've probably got issues. Further, short term disability is something funded by me personally and is there for me to collect when I'm injured while not at work...people who don't work wouldn't know this and people who don't work wouldn't have a boat trailer to injure themselves on either. People who work hate jury duty because A. we have no faith in the judicial system, we feel as though we are wasting our time and B. we would rather be making money to pay for or families and the people receiving free public services that are depending on me. People who don't work wouldn't know this. Also, people with good jobs and good PPO insurance think we have the right to choose a doctor that suits us best all around...I happen to feel that a good doctor is one I can clearly understand and who can clearly understand me. People with free ObamaCare wouldn't understand...they take what they can get. "trouble with the IRS"...when you do well financially sometimes you run into "trouble" with the IRS; I call this a bi-product of doing well. Adults making minimum wage paying a 0% effective tax rate couldn't really get in to too much trouble and they wouldn't understand. By the way; nice use of the word "herein", you have a very expanded vocabulary, you must be a very smart guy...good job and great investigative work. I hope it didn't backfire on you."

Old 05-02-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again:
"Good job Mr Due Diligence....you must have a busy life with a lot going on.
I'm certainly not here to give life lessons...if you're seeking that in a public internet forum you've probably got issues. Further, short term disability is something funded by me personally and is there for me to collect when I'm injured while not at work...people who don't work wouldn't know this and people who don't work wouldn't have a boat trailer to injure themselves on either. People who work hate jury duty because A. we have no faith in the judicial system, we feel as though we are wasting our time and B. we would rather be making money to pay for or families and the people receiving free public services that are depending on me. People who don't work wouldn't know this. Also, people with good jobs and good PPO insurance think we have the right to choose a doctor that suits us best all around...I happen to feel that a good doctor is one I can clearly understand and who can clearly understand me. People with free ObamaCare wouldn't understand...they take what they can get. "trouble with the IRS"...when you do well financially sometimes you run into "trouble" with the IRS; I call this a bi-product of doing well. Adults making minimum wage paying a 0% effective tax rate couldn't really get in to too much trouble and they wouldn't understand. By the way; nice use of the word "herein", you have a very expanded vocabulary, you must be a very smart guy...good job and great investigative work. I hope it didn't backfire on you."
As someone who has worked all my life, done pretty well up into the top income bracket without having trouble with the IRS, I'd like to point out that I am at least one person who works who doesn't agree with much at all that you claim people who work believe. Accordingly, you could at least have the humility to talk in terms of what notions are yours and certainly not necessarily those of all people who work, quite the contrary!

You are right that people who read these threads for "life lessons" have probably got issues, but people who write the things you do clearly have issues as well, no doubt...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections