Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2016, 12:41 AM

729 posts, read 429,852 times

Advertisements

Lol. You honestly believe that Trump isn't appealing to women and minorities? LOL, you keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Just a tip: This is JUST the primary season.
And another tip: A year ago you likely thought he wouldn't even win one primary or caucus...

Last edited by Manimuni; 05-04-2016 at 01:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 12:46 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Assuming that women won't vote for Trump unless they're coddled, protected and catered to doesn't speak much for the strength of women.
I won't vote for a man who doesn't respect women. I'm not going to be treated like trash and I don't expect other women to put up with it either. I wish I could say Trump rarely treats women badly, but no, it appears to be a thread that runs through a lot of his interactions with women.

Anyway, for me, the Heidi Cruz retweet was the last straw. I'm not a Cruz supporter or a Republican but Trump was just obnoxious about that particular tweet. "I didn't think it was a bad picture."

Old 05-04-2016, 12:54 AM

13,795 posts, read 8,032,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
..Trump will lose in an epic landslide.

And the very reputable Nate Silver predicted Trump had a zero percent (5% actually) chance of winning the Rep. nomination.

He was dead wrong.

Trump has a good chance of beating Hillary. A very good chance and I suspect many within the Dem leadership are quite concerned.

Old 05-04-2016, 12:55 AM

I can't wait until someone makes a campaign commercial with that video of Trump explaining how avoiding venereal disease was his "personal Vietnam."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQcTOxaW62s

They played it on CNN today after Cruz lit into Trump regarding Cruz's father and the National Enquirer.

The GOP candidates did lousy oppo research because they should have found this earlier. Now Hillary will get to use it.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:15 AM

13,795 posts, read 8,032,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I can't wait until someone makes a campaign commercial with that video of Trump explaining how avoiding venereal disease was his "personal Vietnam."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQcTOxaW62s

They played it on CNN today after Cruz lit into Trump regarding Cruz's father and the National Enquirer.

The GOP candidates did lousy oppo research because they should have found this earlier. Now Hillary will get to use it.

The problem for the Dems is that Hillary`s image of standing along side a man who has with a history of humiliating her isn`t much better.

My guess is the Dems aren`t going to dig too deep into Trumps playboy days or failed marriages.

They do and Trump won`t hesitate to put together a list of women willing to speak out against Bill C. This is going to be a no-holds bar election which ultimately is the biggest problem for Hillary. She`s going up against an opponent who doesn't play by the same political rules. Back in the day Bill Clinton probably could have handled Trump but not Hillary and not today.

She`s trained to fight a Jeb Bush or Cruz and not someone like Trump.

Last edited by john3232; 05-04-2016 at 01:30 AM..

Old 05-04-2016, 01:28 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,426,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimuni View Post
Lol. You really believe that Trump isn't appealing to women and minorities? LOL, you keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Just a tip: This is JUST the primary season.
And another tip: A year ago you likely thought he wouldn't even win one primary/caucus...

You're right, but this doesn't help your argument.

The rest of the electorate is significantly more diverse and less conservative than the GOP primaries.

But please, keep clinging to the Trumpette's old and tired "no one saw Trump's rise coming" argument as if that somehow guarantees him a victory in the general election. I hate to break it to you--it doesn't.

Many a Cinderella candidate has had their dreams crushed at the final hurdle. Trump will merely be the latest in a long line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The problem for the Dems is that Hillary`s image of standing along side a man who has with a history of humiliating her isn`t much better.

My guess is the Dems aren`t going to dig too deep into Trumps playboy days or failed marriages.

They do and Trump won`t hesitate to put together a list of women willing to speak out against Bill C.
This is going to be a no-holds bar election which ultimately is the biggest problem for Hillary. She`s going up against an opponent who doesn't play by the same political rules. Back in the day Bill Clinton probably could have handled Trump but not Hillary and not today.

She`s trained to fight a Jeb Bush or Cruz. Not Trump.
I find this argument unbelievably baffling.

Trump, a noted serial cheater, is going to go after Hillary's husband, and somehow he's going to score points that way? Just no.

Let's no act as if Trump is teflon either. His percentage of the GOP vote is still mediocre for a frontrunner, and his favorables are historically awful for a reason. I never saw a #NeverMcCain or #NeverRomney movement within the GOP in 2008 or 2012 either.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:29 AM

At least Trump hasn't bullied sexual assault victims into silence, like Hillary has.

And I find it funny how you all are so quick to write him off. We'll see, especially if voter fraud is cracked down on.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:36 AM

Quote:

My guess is the Dems aren`t going to dig too deep into Trumps younger playboy days or failed marriages.

They do and Trump is going right after Hilary for sticking by Bill Clinton who reputation with women isn`t much better than Trumps.

On second thought I doubt any of this will matters. This is going to be a no-holds bar election and Trump isn`t going to hesitate to put together a list of women willing to speak out against Bill C. if they think it will help.

Ultimately, the biggest problem for Hillary is she`s going up against an opponent who doesn't play by the same political rules. Back in the day Bill Clinton probably could have handled Trump fairly easy but not Hillary and not today.

She is suited to fight a Jeb Bush or Cruz but not Trump.
The problem for Republicans is that a lot of women do exactly what Hillary did, particularly if children are involved (and Chelsea was still young when all that happened). Most people don't delve into the details of why/why not women stay/don't stay with men because those details are considered to be personal. I don't know if Hillary wrote about it in any of her books but I doubt she did. (I could be wrong.)

Blaming Hillary for Bill cheating on her is blaming the victim -- and that doesn't go over well with most women. (Married men always whine "My wife doesn't understand me" so they can pin the blame on the wife.)

Trump's wives didn't cheat on him, he cheated on them.

Anyway, Trump is what I would call "a pig" and he will go there. He proved that today with his attack on Ted Cruz's father. I hope Hillary cuts him down to size like Carly Fiorina did.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:37 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
You can't give me crap over my predictions if you aren't making any yourself. It's called put up or shut up.
Lol, no Dex. It's called not making a fool of oneself by making stupid predictions. But hey, here's a prediction for you. I predict that which ever third party candidate you vote for hasn't got a snow balls chance in hell of winning, but you go ahead and cast your protest vote.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:42 AM

Quote:

They do and Trump won`t hesitate to put together a list of women willing to speak out against Bill C. This is going to be a no-holds bar election which ultimately is the biggest problem for Hillary. She`s going up against an opponent who doesn't play by the same political rules. Back in the day Bill Clinton probably could have handled Trump but not Hillary and not today.

She`s trained to fight a Jeb Bush or Cruz and not someone like Trump.
Nothing but the truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections