Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2016, 01:43 AM

13,795 posts, read 8,032,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimuni View Post
At least Trump hasn't bullied sexual assault victims into silence, like Hillary has.
And if some of these women start popping up this could easily turn into a "Bill Cosby light" scandal.

Funny thing is a year ago Bill Clinton was considered a strong ace card for Hillary but not now.

Not with Trump running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 01:46 AM

7 posts, read 3,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
if he goes a wallace style white male only targeted way he'll need 7 out of 10 white males to win or he loses.

he can't get 70 percent of white males because white males dont share collective experiences similar to other minority groups.

when a white male sees another white male he doesn't acknowledge him, etc. like other groups do.

white males tend to think individualistically, which is why you'll never see a 70 percent number.

you can get high numbers from certain groups of white males, low iq, uneducated whites will go trump at a decent margin, but a lot of white males dont fit that criteria and will go a different direction.

look at the never trump people. those people are burning voter registration cards and putting hillary logos on there facebook pages.

those are white males, the white males trump needs to win.

the only way trump wins is if he runs to the left of hillary.

thats the only way.
.......trump is a loud mouth,,but right now the u.s. needs a fog horn to be heard.he is rude and crude most of the time but i think he describes Hillary to a t,not women in general.who said walk lightly and carry a big stick?well Donald sir you have the big stick,and he walks like bufford pusser,so people will no the man is serious.send all the illegals home,shut down their borders,puy hilliary im the pin where she belongs.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
The problem for Republicans is that a lot of women do exactly what Hillary did, particularly if children are involved (and Chelsea was still young when all that happened). Most people don't delve into the details of why/why not women stay/don't stay with men because those details are considered to be personal. I don't know if Hillary wrote about it in any of her books but I doubt she did. (I could be wrong.)

Blaming Hillary for Bill cheating on her is blaming the victim -- and that doesn't go over well with most women. (Married men always whine "My wife doesn't understand me" so they can pin the blame on the wife.)

Trump's wives didn't cheat on him, he cheated on them.

Anyway, Trump is what I would call "a pig" and he will go there. He proved that today with his attack on Ted Cruz's father. I hope Hillary cuts him down to size like Carly Fiorina did.

But Hillary wasn't in a weak position. It seems as if Hillary put up with a cheating husband in order to ride his political coattails down the road. Just like some women are willing to put up with their husbands infidelities as long as there is a financial incentive.

On the other hand I`m sure there are plenty of women who also view such behavior as insulting and don`t necessarily see Hillary as a positive role model.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:22 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,425,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
But Hillary wasn't in a weak position. It seems as if Hillary put up with a cheating husband in order to ride his political coattails down the road. Just like some women are willing to put up with their husbands infidelities as long as there is a financial incentive.

On the other hand I`m sure there are plenty of women who also view such behavior as insulting and don`t necessarily see Hillary as a positive role model.
To a Trump supporter, it might seem that way.

To the rest of the electorate (all 80% of it), your posts come off as good-old victim blaming.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:25 AM

7 posts, read 3,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Trump supporters really do live in fantasyland. You mean THIS Jay-Z?

[URL="http://www.salon.com/2016/03/15/jay_z_is_anti_trump_john_oliver_tells_stephen_colb ert_how_hova_wants_to_make_donald_drumpf_again/"]Jay Z is anti-Trump: John Oliver tells Stephen Colbert how Hova wants to “Make Donald Drumpf Again†- Salon.com[/URL]

About those Latinos and Trump...

a new Gallup poll shows that only 12 percent of U.S. Hispanics have a favorable opinion of Trump, while 77 percent have an unfavorable view of him. By comparison, 59 percent of Hispanics have a favorable view of Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton. Exit polls in Florida’s Republican primary, which Trump won by a landslide, show that Trump won across the state largely thanks to white Anglo-Saxon voters. But Trump lost in heavily-Hispanic Miami, where the winner was Sen. Marco Rubio.

About those women and Trump...
[URL="http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/trump-clinton-women-problems"]Donald Trump[/URL]

Trump will lose in an epic landslide.
..... why do they call them Hispanics?when all the are is Mexicans,i know a lot of them over here that cant even speak English,but they have children born here that are 16 18 years old,looks like by now the could speak English,they don't work legal jobs but drive brand knew dodge rams and buy groceries with food stamps,and only have two children but claim four and double there stamps,when i work hard drive a old chevy truck and three natural kids and i cant draw crap from my own homeland,maybe its cause i will not lie and claim my sisters kids also as my own.whats a Hispanic,where did that word come from,never heard it when i was growing up,just a Mexican/with water on his back.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:27 AM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I won't vote for a man who doesn't respect women. I'm not going to be treated like trash and I don't expect other women to put up with it either. I wish I could say Trump rarely treats women badly, but no, it appears to be a thread that runs through a lot of his interactions with women.

Anyway, for me, the Heidi Cruz retweet was the last straw. I'm not a Cruz supporter or a Republican but Trump was just obnoxious about that particular tweet. "I didn't think it was a bad picture."
Trump personally treated you like trash? What, exactly, did he do to you?

It's time for you to google. You will find many women who support Trump. Some have made videos explaining their reasons. Try doing that instead of believing everything you read in the lamestream media.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:31 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Hmm.

More women voted for Trump By Far than what Voted for Hillary in Indiana. And Indiana is a Blue state.

OP's point is proved wrong.

[/thread]

Old 05-04-2016, 02:34 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,425,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland_oh View Post
..... why do they call them Hispanics?when all the are is Mexicans,i know a lot of them over here that cant even speak English,but they have children born here that are 16 18 years old,looks like by now the could speak English,they don't work legal jobs but drive brand knew dodge rams and buy groceries with food stamps,and only have two children but claim four and double there stamps,when i work hard drive a old chevy truck and three natural kids and i cant draw crap from my own homeland,maybe its cause i will not lie and claim my sisters kids also as my own.whats a Hispanic,where did that word come from,never heard it when i was growing up,just a Mexican/with water on his back.
It's a shame Trump can't clone more posters like this one.

He would actually have a chance of winning the election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm.

More women voted for Trump By Far than what Voted for Hillary in Indiana. And Indiana is a Blue state.

OP's point is proved wrong.

[/thread]
Indiana has voted Red in 11 of the last 12 elections. You live to be wrong, don't you?

Old 05-04-2016, 03:01 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,358,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Be nice, he probably didn't know. He is a Trump supporter. They might have other names for other names to describe people.

@ 3:25 Trump calls them "the Blacks"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qrP-9MGio8

With all due respect, depending on where you live, that's what they're often called...like in the area where I live. There are only a very few, but it's what they've always commonly been referred to, and nothing derogatory intended. Saying, "There are a lot of blacks in Pittsburgh" is pretty much the same as saying, "There are a lot of Amish out in Crawford County".

Don't they refer to us as "whites"?

As far as the KFC "Hillary" button, that's an old, old, joke...during the 2008 campaign it was "Two fat thighs and a left wing". This is nothing new. They added the "small breasts" this time around.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 05-04-2016 at 03:25 AM..

Old 05-04-2016, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
To a Trump supporter, it might seem that way.

To the rest of the electorate (all 80% of it), your posts come off as good-old victim blaming.

Not really. When the Bill Clinton/Monica L. scandal was going on there were plenty of women who felt Hillary should have walked. Add to this Hillary's entrance into politics shortly after B.C. left office and it isn't hard to believe her marriage is one of convenience. Hillary isn't thought of as a particularly strong role model for women esp. the younger generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections