Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 06:12 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
I smell a Democratic POTUS, a Democratic US Senate, and maybe even a Democratic US House of Representatives, although that last one is a long-shot ...
Try to keep your nose clean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 06:13 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
I smell a Democratic POTUS, a Democratic US Senate, and maybe even a Democratic US House of Representatives, although that last one is a long-shot ...
I hope you're right but we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. We shouldn't take victory for granted.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:15 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
I think you're smelling HC getting BBQ-ed by Trump.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:15 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
This topic should be renamed the "sour grapes" topic. LOL

Old 05-04-2016, 06:19 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This topic should be renamed the "sour grapes" topic. LOL
We'll just collect the wine made by those sour grapes and toast the Trump "R" nomination.

Then when he wins the presidency the next round of wine.

Last week I sent my mail in NJ primary ballot voting for Trump as promised - I even have a photocopy of it lol!

Old 05-04-2016, 06:24 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So it appears that the reality TV star will win the nomination.

It is really disappointing to me and many others to witness the rapid disintegration of our politics and our heritage in recent years. People have speculated about the fall our country for some time now. No need to speculate any more. What greater proof could you want than the people of this country supporting the likes of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as the nominees of the two major parties?

For quite a while now, many people have observed that this country is "going to hell". With the selection of these two as the major party nominees, and presumably one of them as the actual president of the United States, we have officially arrived, in case we were not there already. Prior to this, you could have made the case that the presidency of Barack Obama was a one-off mistake made by many Americans who were so infatuated with voting for a black person that his extreme character flaws were just overlooked on behalf of promoting this sort of a racist agenda. But with Trump and Clinton now the apparent nominees, it becomes obvious that these character flaws are at best irrelevant to much of the electorate and at worst have become something that are openly desired and celebrated in our political leaders.

Ted Cruz was effectively the last man standing to oppose this vile, bellowing, narcissistic buffoon out of what had been widely praised as the strongest field that the Republicans had put up in over 20 years. The rest bowed out earlier, many of them good men and women who were just not right for the times. Apparently Ted Cruz is not right for the times either. But he put up a fight that nobody else in a widely heralded 17 person field could match. He should be proud of his campaign. It was a disappointing end, but it was a very impressive effort.

Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. Would you rather have ebola or late-stage AIDS? You must pick one, right? I will not do it. These candidates do not represent my political views and both of them are pathological liars, who cannot be trusted in any case. They really are. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And who the "lesser" of the evils is here I cannot even imagine trying to evaluate.

At some point when you cast a vote, you have to be able to do so and then get up and look at yourself in the mirror every day. If I voted for these two, I do not believe I would not feel comfortable doing it. There has to be some sort of minimum threshold, at least for me to be able to cast my vote for someone. As a result, I will not support either of these two candidates.

My, how far and how fast our country has fallen that our people would support the likes of these two as the finalists for the highest office in the land. Nobody made the American people choose these two. They did it themselves of their own free will. They voted for it. And what comes next, they have brought on themselves.
The disintegration of American politics can be seen nightly on the news with leftist anarchists destroying private property and endorsing politicians that promise free shi# for unmotivated morons. The tipping point is in sight. Just sayin.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:27 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
blah blah blah Trump has many talents. Were you born last night? the guy has been around for a lot longer than "the apprentice". Bellowing?
Just like the other Cruzites, they can't come to grips with the fact that Ted doesn't have what it takes to be President.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:29 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Star? Maybe 10 years ago.

Mick

Old 05-04-2016, 06:31 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
We'll just collect the wine made by those sour grapes and toast the Trump "R" nomination.

Then when he wins the presidency the next round of wine.

Last week I sent my mail in NJ primary ballot voting for Trump as promised - I even have a photocopy of it lol!
Indeed. I do believe that almost everyone posting against Trump all swore that he would never be the nominee.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:31 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
If that happens ...

I smell about 2,500 Muslim refugees invading your little town and then this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dlXPNZU7vY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections