Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 06:46 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
People should work to get out the vote for the third party. A third party candidate may not (probably not) win this time, but it will be a great set up for 4 years from now. If the republican party has deserted you, then find one of the third parties that suits, and start to build the momentum that will leave the trump party in the dust.

It is time for the party to get split along the ideological rift that has been widening every election. I really don't know why the Tea Party didn't form separately from the republican party from the get-go - what is the big deal about being part of the republican party, anyways? Is it for the name recognition? The big donor bucks that will be coming their way? The chance to say, in effect, "I'm Reagan 2.0"?

Good luck with that. The biggest names in Politics where all stomped over by the Trump movement, and you think a "Nobody" third Party is going to male a difference, especially this late in the game. Yea, in ones Dreams.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:56 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I am an active member of the GOP, but I did not consign my principles or my vote to the party. If they choose to nominate a democrat as their candidate, they have no moral right to expect me to cast my vote for their nominee.

The outcome of the next election can't be blamed on the voters. That fault rests solely on the Donald, his fan base and the party that nominates him.

I would never vote for a progressive or a liberal. Hillary is a progressive, Donald is at the very least a liberal with strong progressive leanings.

Do not scapegoat those who hold true to their principles. Focus the responsibility on the candidates and their fan base for failing to EARN the votes needed to secure the election.

I am not a member of your indentured voting block. I refuse to be the scapegoat for your failure to nominate a candidate that represents and pledges to uphold the party platform. That is on Donald, his fan base and the GOP for nominating a liberal for their candidate.

You own this. You shoulder the blame and guilt associated with YOUR actions.

#NeverTrump

The "Never Trump" movement is dead. It died a long time ago, but the fools who perpetuated it haven't figured it out yet, and are floundering around like a bunch of drunks that fell in a pool, grasping at anything while drowning.

Don't vote, or vote for some unknown clown. No one cares. It will make as much difference as it has up to this point. It didn't make a difference when Trump had no votes, and could have been stopped, and it makes no difference now, when he has most of the votes and is the only man standing. In fact, it make less difference today. The only thing "Never Trumpers" can do now is go some place in a quiet corner, hold hands a cry. Its over for you.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:59 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
No way I am not going to vote, I'm voting for Trump ! I hate the man's guts, but my logic is, I never win anything. If I buy a lottery ticket I never even get one number. So, if I back Trump, guess who is going to lose ?? I am like the kiss of death for Donnie Boy.

Don

Old 05-05-2016, 07:07 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Good luck with that. The biggest names in Politics where all stomped over by the Trump movement, and you think a "Nobody" third Party is going to male a difference, especially this late in the game. Yea, in ones Dreams.
It doesn't matter if they can win or not. It provides people of principle an alternative candidate who they can actually vote for without soiling themselves, as voting for either Trump or Clinton would of course require them to do. And that by itself is worth a lot.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:25 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It doesn't matter if they can win or not. It provides people of principle an alternative candidate who they can actually vote for without soiling themselves, as voting for either Trump or Clinton would of course require them to do. And that by itself is worth a lot.
Go for it - during every presidential election, there are disgruntled voters who move away from their party and vote 3rd. Same ole same ole ... nobody cares and the effect is minimal on the two primary parties in the election.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:26 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,510,291 times
I'm out as soon as Bernie is out.

I voted for the man in my primary. That's enough.

And Green Party be damned. They're not serious. The hold no seats in the house or senate. They have nothing but minor officials in their ranks. Tell you what......get a few house seats and I'll start to contemplate the party.

Officeholders - GPUS

Last edited by baystater; 05-05-2016 at 07:35 PM..

Old 05-05-2016, 08:04 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
I'm out as soon as Bernie is out.

I voted for the man in my primary. That's enough.

And Green Party be damned. They're not serious. The hold no seats in the house or senate. They have nothing but minor officials in their ranks. Tell you what......get a few house seats and I'll start to contemplate the party.

Officeholders - GPUS
You can help out if you vote. It would be important.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:29 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,510,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You can help out if you vote. It would be important.
For what?! Jill Stein is not going to win. Even if she did win. She would accomplish nothing. NOTHING! The Republicans and the Democrats would make sure of that. She would have no backing from Congress.

Btw. Who's running for Congress for the Green party in this election season?

Mike here is what you need to do to make the Green party relevant. 1. forget about the presidency the United States. Aim for something that is achievable and meaningful. 2. Get the party focused on house seats. especially on off year elections. 3. Get organized. I have no confidence in this party to be organized enough to actually Play ball on a higher level of politics. It's great that you have a message. But you got a build from the bottom. Which in congressional terms means House seats.

Until The Green party shows that it's actually serious it will receive nothing from me.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:39 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My World View Post
Take your ball and go home
Just as long as neither Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton get it. That is the important thing.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:44 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I will vote for Trump over the Democrat nominee. This is the first time I know my vote will matter for a Supreme Court nominee.
If you think Trump will nominate a strong conservative to the S.C., think again. Remember, he is NOT a conservative, no matter what pack of lies he decides to tell on any given day. And the republicans will likely lose the Senate, which they deserve to after doing absolutely nothing for so long. Not that the democrats had good policies before them.

Face it. BOTH parties are pathetic. We really need to do away with the party system and with liberal & conservative titles. We need to start voting for Robert and Susan, instead. Just for the person and their individual ideas. All this other stuff is nonsense and is beyond stupid & embarassing at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections