Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 09:15 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I'm trying to figure out which is more amusing:

*The fact that the most conservative House Speaker in many decades isn't good enough for the unhinged rabble otherwise known as the Republican base these days

or

*The idea that the incoherent hillbilly from Wasilla will have one iota of affect on Paul Ryan's reelection

Comedy. Comedy gold!
Paul Ryan is a neocon RINO, a globalist. Not a conservative at all. You don't know the difference so you wouldn't understand why we despise him. The omnibus he just passed that Obama wanted adds 2 trillion to our debt along with a mountain of garbage to go along with it.

I know your trying to be creative and funny but you fell flat on your face. As far as Palin goes, she's a character nothing more. She has no place in politics anymore so please don't lump us all in as if she has any importance, she doesn't.

Paul Ryan is closer to Hillary Clinton in philosophy then you realize. No thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 09:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Paul Ryan is closer to Hillary Clinton in philosophy then you realize. No thanks...
Indeed. It fascinates me that so many are quite happy to support bought & paid for politicians.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:27 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
What's so amazing about this to me is that Ryan was pretty mild about what he said, he said he wanted to support Trump but he just wanted to talk to him first, he wanted to wait until after they had a chance to talk through Trump's agenda. He didn't trash Trump at all, it was a pretty reasonable statement that makes perfect sense when you consider that Ryan is a fiscal conservative who has congressmen to protect.

But Trump lost his shyt immediately!!! I mean he went apoplectic and started threatening the guy, and now he's got Palin going for his throat. All he had to do was say something like "I'm confident Ryan will see things my way after we meet, if looking forward to it" but now it's way more drama than it needed to be.

This is how he plans to govern? What a putz.
Exactly right. He is a spoiled, petulant child, a diagnosable narcissist and a pathological liar. The idea of Donald Trump in the White House is positively absurd.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Exactly right. He is a spoiled, petulant child, a diagnosable narcissist and a pathological liar. The idea of Donald Trump in the White House is positively absurd.
Your opinion of Trump is irrelevant to this topic. We all know you are smarting over Cruz.

The topic is about Sarah Palin campaigning against Paul Ryan in Wisconsin.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:33 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When Sarah Palin was chosen as McCain's V.P. I was open minded and listen to what she had to say and in the end thought she was not ready for the position. I couldn't figure why Trump was mentioning her name and associating with her. I had the generally unfavorable view of her as did many others. What I see now is a lady that has grown and matured politically and on the right side of this issue.

Paul Ryan has disrespected the will of the people and voters who have chosen Trump as the presumptive nominee for the GOP. Just as we see with failed candidates who won't honor the pledge they made in the first debate Paul Ryan has not remained neutral and is not serving his party or the nation but the donor class to which he is beholden.

CBO: 2016 Deficit Jumps $130 Billion After House Speaker Paul Ryan's Omnibus Budget Deal - Breitbart

Paul Ryan was handed the speaker’s gavel in late October, he pledged to restore normal order to the People’s House and eliminate the sort of backroom deals that rank-and-file members complain are shoved down their throats at the 11th hour. So, late Tuesday night, Ryan unveiled a few thousand pages of consequential tax, spending, and regulatory legislation costing roughly $2 trillion and gave Congress and the public two whole days to review everything.
Ryan isn't disrespecting the will of the people in Wisconsin. Cruz beat Trump by double digits there. Those are the same people that will be voting in this election.

The people of Wisconsin really don't appreciate outside meddling in their state elections, and I think Palin flatters herself by suggesting that she will have any influence there.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:33 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Are you kidding? When was the last time the Speaker of the House of either Party ever gone against the presumptive nominee like that? Trump's simple response "I'm not ready to support Ryan's agenda" is neither threatening or a sign of losing it as you state. It was entirely appropriate.

BTW, this topic isn't about Trump. Why don't you address the actual topic.
Child please. Did he "go against" Trump or did he say "I want to support him", which is what he said? Y'all complain about the media giving misleading headlines but then fall for it yourselves.

Ryan and Trump have some very different views AND part of his job is to run cover for the congressmen under him who become vulnerable under a Trump as nominee scenario. Of course he's going want to meet with Trump and get some assurances for his fellow congressmen. That's his damn job.

Patty nominees going around and meeting with party leaders to begin working out the platform is NORMAL.

And Palin jumping in like an attack dog threatening Ryan's seat is asinine.

But it won't matter, it never does. Logic is not a thing in politics anymore. It hasn't been in a long time.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post

The people of Wisconsin really don't appreciate outside meddling in their state elections, and I think Palin flatters herself by suggesting that she will have any influence there.
Paul Nehlen is not a Wisconsin outsider.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Child please. ......
The topic is about Ryan & Nehlen & Sarah Palin. Please stick to it.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:37 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Focus, focus, focus,

The topic is about Sarah Palin campaigning against Paul Ryan in Wisconsin.

I know , I know , where is the yellow brick road when you really need it ? So much easier to run around aimlessly.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:38 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The eyes says otherwise, as it certainly worked for Trump.
Only in the bizarro world. It helped him lose Iowa. Haven't seen her around much since then.

Was Palin's endorsement of Trump the flop of the year? | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections