Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:26 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Because we have a history with Hillery, I don't trust her. I think she is an abuser and a user. I think she is stayed married not out of love or forgiveness, but because of what Bill may do for her in the future. Funny how she was happy as the little house wife, and then made a mad move to New York and became senator. Then she waited a bit and made her move to be President. She is scheming and making lies all the way to the top. No She can not be trusted.
I am happy to hear the truth come out. I think a large percentage of people that are voting for Obama are doing so for the same reason: They hate Hillary.

I certainly hope that if he in fact wins, the "hatred" against Hillary has not put our country in peril. Obama is untested, unproven and unready to lead this country. A question for you: Since he has copied ALL of Hillary's proposals and re-submitted IDENTICAL bills to Congress with his name on them, doesn't that still make them Hillary's plans? Where are his "original" ideas?

My personal opinion is that people need to shelf the hate and look at what's best for this Country at this time. It certainly isn't Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 07:12 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,451,864 times
To me Obama seems like a breath of fresh air.

The fact that he might not have the same amount of years in politics as the others might actually be one of his assetts. I wonder if the Americans who vote for him are just tired of the "old guard" and want a real change.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:40 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,923 times
I don't like any of them. My suggestion is to not visit the forum if it is upsetting to you. We have enough aggravation with the 3 candidates running right now. Life's too short.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:05 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I am really tired of all the juvenile and just plain ridiculous comments people are stooping to on this forum. It's one thing to intelligently debate the pros and cons of candidates but it's another thing entirely to insinuate that anyone who supports a particular candidate is "dumb". How old are we anyway? I am personally to old to engage in that type of behavior. I like coming out to the forum and reading the posts. It has been most enlightening to read the different viewpoints. But in the last week or so, it's deteriorating to nothing more than Obama supporters bashing Hillary supporters.

And on that note, I'm worried b/c while our country is in need of change and strong leadership, we are headed down the path to who knows what. If Obama gets the nomination (which I pray to all that is holy that he DOESN'T), we have no idea who he really is or what he will do. He's not even served one full term as a senator and all that I've read about doesn't show he's done very much during the time he has been there. The American people are blinded by history (a horrible trait we seem to have) and have determined that b/c her husband has been President, Hillary has had her chance. What??? Obama gives a few good preacher speeches and says all the right words and he gains a 'cult-like' following. From everything I've researched, he's not that far off from Hillary on the issues but I really wonder about his lack of experience. I don't think we are going to get change. We are going to get more of the same. The Democrats are split. It doesn't seem to matter which side your on, if your candidate doesn't get the nomination, then you'll vote Republican. Doesn't bode well for change in our country at all.
Its all just in fun! No candidate can bring change to our country. People need to remember the partys make big money off of this stuff. If we want change we need to clean the house! Its not the people that vote for the candidates anymore, Its the big lobbyest!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:11 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
I think you just proved her point. If you go through all the threads, I think you will see that the direct personal attacks against the Hillary supporters FAR outweigh those against Obama supporters.

Also, take a look at the Reps of Hillary supporters vs. those of the Obama supporters. Obama supporters hand out negative reps like candy. I am averaging 4-5 a week that the moderators REMOVE from my rep because they were unduly given.
Some people perceive any criticism as "personal attacks." I ought to know -- I get red-dots every time I disagree with some of the tiny minds on this forum, who are apparently so insecure that they feel a criticism of their candidate is a threat to their health and well-being.

My gosh, it's only politics, people: a.k.a. Lawyers Seeking Power.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:14 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Some people perceive any criticism as "personal attacks." I ought to know -- I get red-dots every time I disagree with some of the tiny minds on this forum, who are apparently so insecure that they feel a criticism of their candidate is a threat to their health and well-being.

My gosh, it's only politics, people: a.k.a. Lawyers Seeking Power.
"My gosh, it's only politics, people: a.k.a. Lawyers Seeking Power"
That is the best line ever put on this Topic! I have to give you points for that.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:53 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I think that some believe that someone like Obama got thru chicago politics by being a clean cut guy. Last time I heard that was with JFK and then years later the Camelot fairytale was revealed as just that .

Old 02-15-2008, 09:10 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
I wonder why NOW it seems to be wrong to plot, scheme, plan, position, conspire for years to get a candidate into office?????

It never was before when it was only males who were doing it.

What a HUGE mystery !!!!

Oh, no, wait! I get it! Men weren't REALLY doing that...the innocent little lambs decided on who their candidate was going to be just minutes before nominating him.....right?????

AND, of course, to divorce or not to divorce was never an issue for THEM...they just dropped those MANY wives like used...Kleenex, and moved on...with no repercussions from this ignorant sexist country.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:35 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
To me Obama seems like a breath of fresh air.

The fact that he might not have the same amount of years in politics as the others might actually be one of his assetts. I wonder if the Americans who vote for him are just tired of the "old guard" and want a real change.
He seems like a bag of hot air to me.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:38 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
AND, of course, to divorce or not to divorce was never an issue for THEM...they just dropped those MANY wives like used...Kleenex, and moved on...with no repercussions from this ignorant sexist country.
This is one of the funniest things I've read lately, and it's TOTALLY TRUE!! No one ever questioned them when they dumped their wives. Sheesh! Talk about a double standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections