Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 PM

163 posts, read 908,749 times

Advertisements

You know why they call Bill "Bill", and they call Hillary "Hillary"?????....Because they're not the same person!

It's seems like every Hillary supporter I encounter supports her because of what Bill accomplished, not for what she has accomplished. Yes, Bill was a great president. He was a fiscal conservative who left us with a budget surplus. Yes, times were good under Bill, and alot of us middle class people lived fairly affluently in the 90's.

However....for the love of God people...HILLARY IS NOT BILL!

Yes, we all know they are a "political team", but many of her ideas are very different from his, particularly when it comes to spending. She's not going to do things exactly as Bill would do things, because she's not nearly as financially conservative as he was. Nor does she have the gift of being able to influence people and bring them together like Bill did.

Additionally, even if Bill does play puppet master to Hillary, this doesn't mean we're going to repeat the booming 1990's all over again. Folk's it just doesn't work that way...this is a whole new era, with a whole new set of problems, and a different set of circumstances.

So with that said, what has Hillary, herself, accomplished that makes her a good candidate for president?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 12:27 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
You know why they call Bill "Bill", and they call Hillary "Hillary"?????....Because they're not the same person!

It's seems like every Hillary supporter I encounter supports her because of what Bill accomplished, not for what she has accomplished. Yes, Bill was a great president....
Sorry, I stopped reading right there.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:33 PM

89 posts, read 228,170 times
Quote:

It's seems like every Hillary supporter I encounter supports her because of what Bill accomplished, not for what she has accomplished. Yes, Bill was a great president. He was a fiscal conservative who left us with a budget surplus. Yes, times were good under Bill, and alot of us middle class people lived fairly affluently in the 90's.

Yes, we all know they are a "political team", but many of her ideas are very different from his, particularly when it comes to spending. She's not going to do things exactly as Bill would do things, because she's not nearly as financially conservative as he was. Nor does she have the gift of being able to influence people and bring them together like Bill did.

Additionally, even if Bill does play puppet master to Hillary, this doesn't mean we're going to repeat the booming 1990's all over again. Folk's it just doesn't work that way...this is a whole new era, with a whole new set of problems, and a different set of circumstances.

So with that said, what has Hillary, herself, accomplished that makes her a good candidate for president?
Interesting post. I agree Mrs. Clinton is her own person and should be judged on her own merits rather than those of her husband. Yet, a number of Obama supporters are quick to judge and punish Mrs. Clinton for her husband's mistakes/shortcomings during his administration. You can't have it both ways. So, which is it? If she is to be viewed as an individual, then that needs to be case the consistently.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:37 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:

Hillary hasn't accomplished much of note. Bill Clinton's reputation is vastly overrated. He benefitted enormously from the emergence of the Internet and the subsequent dot com boom. These monumental events coincided with his presidency but they didn't come about because of him. He didn't facilitate their creation. He and Hillary really need to disappear.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:06 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,933 times
Quote:
Bill Clinton's reputation is vastly overrated. He benefitted enormously from the emergence of the Internet and the subsequent dot com boom. These monumental events coincided with his presidency but they didn't come about because of him. He didn't facilitate their creation. He and Hillary really need to disappear.
You're right. The credit goes to Al Gore for inventing the internet.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:51 PM

89 posts, read 228,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
You're right. The credit goes to Al Gore for inventing the internet.
As if it's not enough to attack the Clintons, now Al Gore is being mocked too? The notion that Al Gore claimed to have invented the Internet has already debunked. One source is below, but if you Google it, there's plenty of information out there.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Al Gore Invented the Internet

Also, can someone please explain to me why so many Obama supporters sound exactly like right-wing Republicans when attacking Clinton? I am so tired of posts here and elsewhere that are entirely negative and say nothing of substance. I would really love to see a thread in which supporters from both sides have an intelligent debate that focuses on the issues. Is that too much to ask?

Old 02-15-2008, 11:54 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:

She can run to her husband for EXPERT advice on what it's like to be president.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:24 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Quote:
It's seems like every Hillary supporter I encounter supports her because of what Bill accomplished, not for what she has accomplished. Yes, Bill was a great president....
Sorry, I stopped reading right there.
Me too!

Quote:
Nothing.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:41 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:

Yeah corporate scandals misrepresenting profits and closing down tons of military bases. Oh bill, thanks so much. He could saved millions if he didnt lie about the lewinksy sex scandal. Yay bill.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:17 PM

163 posts, read 908,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysse157 View Post
Also, can someone please explain to me why so many Obama supporters sound exactly like right-wing Republicans when attacking Clinton? I am so tired of posts here and elsewhere that are entirely negative and say nothing of substance. I would really love to see a thread in which supporters from both sides have an intelligent debate that focuses on the issues. Is that too much to ask?
I couldn't agree more, and I honestly was trying to open up an intelligent debate. So with that being said, what has Hillary accomplished or done that makes her presidential material? Everyone says she's the candidate with "experience", but what exactly does that experience encompass?

We all hear so much about Obama's lack of experience, but never any details about Hillary's experience?

I often hear people say things like "she's done a great job for New York"...but never any details about exactly what she's done for NY, or the country as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections