Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 10:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Not withstanding the fact that Gary Johnson himself told everyone on national television yesterday that taking an online quiz is a GREAT way to see where one might fall on the political spectrum.

He has nothing to offer me or my concerns but that IS what he said.
It's a good campaign position for him. Not necessarily so for someone with more name recognition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 02:57 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was a question.....the big difference in the three is McAfee is the most anti-war. So I asked if they were pro-war for being the reason. Do you understand, it was a QUESTION.

All one needed to reply was "No, it is because........."

I'm hardly the only one. There are a few handfuls of decent people here.

Was that so difficult? He isn't the crazy one though.....the ones that got us into Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Libya are.
Just some more crazy lies from the bat **** crazy fool that you seem to think would make for a good POTUS and keep us out of wars. The only thing McAfee is probably good for is to make Trump look like less of a liar, which is an amazing accomplishment.

John McAfee Apparently Tried to Trick Reporters Into Thinking He Hacked WhatsApp

John McAfee lied about San Bernardino shooter's iPhone hack to 'get a s**tload of public attention' | The Daily Dot

Old 05-16-2016, 03:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Just some more crazy lies from the bat **** crazy fool that you seem to think would make for a good POTUS and keep us out of wars. The only thing McAfee is probably good for is to make Trump look like less of a liar, which is an amazing accomplishment.

John McAfee Apparently Tried to Trick Reporters Into Thinking He Hacked WhatsApp

John McAfee lied about San Bernardino shooter's iPhone hack to 'get a s**tload of public attention' | The Daily Dot
If lying and political trickery are jailable offenses, I know many that will keep him company.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:22 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If lying and political trickery are jailable offenses, I know many that will keep him company.
Agreed, and their names are EVERYONE thats ever been a candidate or an elected politician, but this guy is above and beyond the norm.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:21 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,836 times
There's another Libertarian debate being aired on TV this weekend...on the Blaze channel (I have no idea what channel that is) and it was hosted by Penn Jillette, who is a well known libertarian himself.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:39 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I've always said that republican and democrat politicians are like two undertakers fighting over a patient( the US citizens). The libertarian is the doctor locked out of the room yelling instructions through the door to the patient on how to treat his illness and get well again.

Old 05-20-2016, 09:46 AM

7,737 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Gary Johnson on Free Trade

Given his past comments, I am interested in what he thinks on the tpp and other agreements. He recognizes the need for trade, but really offers no alternatives to how we achieve a baseline of rules for each participating member so it is fair. A lot of times that is what the trade agreements set out to do.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:19 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I've always said that republican and democrat politicians are like two undertakers fighting over a patient( the US citizens). The libertarian is the doctor locked out of the room yelling instructions through the door to the patient on how to treat his illness and get well again.
LOL - reps

Old 05-22-2016, 11:56 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Earth Shattering News. The Libertarian, Gary Johnson is polling in double digits.

I believe the Libertarian vote last time was ~1%. 11% is more than the difference between a red vs blue state in the vast majority of the USA. Gary John may severely change the Electoral Map

Statistics are showing that most of the Johnson vote is coming from disaffected Democrats. With Johnson in the race it becomes a statistical Tie between Trump & Clinton. This is pretty devastation news to Clinton in particular.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/24/gary-johnson-could-pull-support-from-both Clinton & Trump

(For the record I voted for Johnson in 2012 instead of Obama as I did in '08)

Gary Johnson. Just what we need--more government coercion

Austen Petersen called him on it at the Libertarian debate, too. No wonder the Dems love Johnson.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Gary Johnson. Just what we need--more government coercion

Austen Petersen called him on it at the Libertarian debate, too. No wonder the Dems love Johnson.
Dems don't love Johnson. He has nothing to offer the Dems at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections