Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 05:56 PM

25,974 posts, read 22,154,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Maybe because they believe in due process? Indictment is not a conviction.

Wow, 30% of Republicans want her to keep going? 46% of the Independents?

I guess those people don't think the email server scandal is a big deal.

Mick
Of course 30% of Republicans want her to keep going for the Trump win! Same with the independents. Polls still show Bernie doing better against Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The honorable thing to do would be to step down. Keep running rodham, par for the course of modern dems.
Honorable and Hillary Clinton in the same sentence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Or 3) no indictment.
I see them indicting her if she continues to slip in the polls. Under the bus Hillary just like 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
This proves what I already knew: The Democrat Party is the party of corruption and lawlessness.
"Birds of feather flock together!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This is never a question that should ever be asked about one of the candidates. Ever.

The mere fact that any candidate would even run while under criminal investigation is truly a national shame.

Shame on the American people for allowing this.
Well, some of us are trying not to let it happen. It is called "being tried in the court of public opinion" which makes it CRITICAL that Dems get out and vote "anyone but Hillary". She has no chance in the General unless they find a way to cheat and if there is a way, they would be the people to find it! More dead people voting, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Yeah, this is a terrible election cycle.

People are only Americans if they agree with you then? What a very American opinion...
It isn't about being Americans but being a responsible voter, a voter that is informed about the issues and isn't just jumping on the bandwagon with an empty head!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 06:11 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,836,450 times
There's no question she is being investigated for public corruption, the FBI doesn't spend 13 months looking at email classifications. What a great message to send to the world, that the United States is for sale. No wonder foreign leaders are looking buying for her - they've been paying for access years in advance.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:20 PM

13,697 posts, read 9,021,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So you think criminal and civil matters are the same. Tell us what law school you went to so we can make sure our kids don't go there.
A person capable of reading, within context, would know what I meant.

I went to Texas Tech, in Lubbock, Texas;

I shall alert them that your offspring will not be attending that facility for logical thinking. I would suggest, say, Trump University?

Sad.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:34 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,105,968 times
Quote:
You are making statements as if they were facts that are not facts. Mrs. Clinton has not been named as a target in any investigation. But don't let me stop you from jumping to conclusions.
Yes, Hillary had no role in 2200 classified emails, including 22 top secret emails (many that she wrote herself) ending up on her secret private server, hidden in her home.

Yes, you are correct, the FBI isn't looking at Hillary at all, nothing to see here folks.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:58 PM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
The FBI wants the Justice Department to indict Hillary. As we all know ,attorney General Loretta Lynch appointed by Obama does not want to indict. Blatant Corruption The FBI will go public. This Obama Administration is that deviant.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:02 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,229,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
It isn't about being Americans but being a responsible voter, a voter that is informed about the issues and isn't just jumping on the bandwagon with an empty head!
Well, no rational person can say what you just described in exclusive to Hillary voters. Not that you suggested it is, but some would.

To your point, my view on this is simple: she was hiding something. She's not the only one and this is certainly not the only way she's done it. However, of the many ways to get away with hiding information from the public, this particular issue has a legal process for punishing it when it does happen.

Many say she irresponsibly put national security in jeopardy. Maybe, but l'm not so sure she actually did, nor would I think her doing it the legal way is a guaranteed route to safety. What I do think is she didn't want those emails subject to the freedom of information act. Had she done her work in a legal setting, a few years down the road, you or I could request that the government send up a transcript of all of her emails. My bet is that she was doing some shady dealings and wanted to keep that quite.

My issue with the controversy is that this is probably just the one she got caught doing and just so happens to be illegal. I bet you could dig up similar dirt on any other politician, including Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. The only difference is that Clinton's deal is explicitly illegal, while the other cases either are but have been kept quite or aren't illegal but should be (or are at least unethical). I'm sure most Hillary supporters haven't put that level of thought into it, as few people in favor of any candidate put thought into anything, but I do feel the view I just expressed is probably one present in most Clinton supporters. Or a similar view is held, at the very least.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:40 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times
Quote:
Since Mrs. Clinton isn't likely to be indicted, the points are moot.
This ^^^^^.

Even if all of HRC's audio conversations re this subject had been recorded, indicated guilt without a shadow of a doubt, and were posted to an Internet site for everyone to listen to, partisan hack Lynch still wouldn't indict HRC.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:55 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,564,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The FBI wants the Justice Department to indict Hillary. As we all know ,attorney General Loretta Lynch appointed by Obama does not want to indict. Blatant Corruption. The FBI will go public. This Obama Administration is that deviant.
1-Yep. 2-Yep. 3-Yep. 4-IDK if the FBI will go public. 5-Yep.

I think that even if the FBI does happen to go public, Lynch won't budge.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:59 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
For the record, if Hillary is indicted, she clearly has to step aside. No ifs and buts.

But you can be assured that before it happens, Lynch would give adequate notice to the WH to put Plan B in motion. Plan B-iden.

Mick

Old 05-31-2016, 09:06 PM

17,445 posts, read 9,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I will vote for the Democratic ticket. If it's Hillary, great. If it's a Joe/Elizabeth ticket, awesome. If it's Bernie, that's fine too.
Of course you would - if the Democratic candidate what a Head Chopper you would also vote "D".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections