Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 05:41 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,293,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It is beyond time to call out Trump and his racist supporters.

"When a faithfully married black president who was the son of a single-mother, the first black editor of Harvard Law review and a professor of constitutional law is considered unintelligent, immoral, and anti-American by the right while a xenophobic, misogynistic, "serially philandering", trust fund kid who quotes from the National Enquirer, peddles conspiracy theories, routinely calls women ugly and fat, calls McCain a loser for having been a prisoner of war, and who has advocated torture and the bombing of women and children has captured the hearts of a majority of Republicans. This is white supremacy folks. Plain and simple."
Sums it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 05:42 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,633,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Tepid? What was 'tepid' about it? Why do you think the MSM are 'pretending?' Many of them have been harshly critical of Hillary in the past. Mika hates Hillary, but raved about the speech. She doesn't gratuitously do that.

I did see a few weak attempts to criticize her from the right-wing media, but for the most part--silence. Trump didn't even bother to defend himself. I think he's run through his song list and is recycling the same old crap. Not a very creative guy. Lol--he's still bashing the judge and frankly sounded insane in his interview with Jake Tapper. I'm building a wall...I'm building a wall!

Hate to tell you, but that "Folks, it wasn't that great a speech" sounds suspiciously like Trump. So are you channeling him or working for him?
It was tepid because she did not mean a single thing she said. It was all a rehearsed speech said with as much enthusiasm as the pre-recorded phone voice that tells us that we must dial a 1 before calling long distance.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:13 PM

3,536 posts, read 3,738,205 times
Odd. She said her campaign would be about the issues. What happened?

Old 06-03-2016, 09:34 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,540,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
Odd. She said her campaign would be about the issues. What happened?
If you had watched the speech, you would know it was about the issues. She enumerated Trump's specific foreign policy statements one-by-one and then attacked those statements and stances. After the speech, her staff issued a list of source references for every issue and statement she discussed.
She didn't at any time refer to statements he made prior to entering this race nor did she deviate from her stated theme of foreign policy issues.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:40 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,540,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
It was tepid because she did not mean a single thing she said. It was all a rehearsed speech said with as much enthusiasm as the pre-recorded phone voice that tells us that we must dial a 1 before calling long distance.
Your opinion is certainly valid but you're in the very small minority. Her delivery has been widely praised by many who don't support her and don't agree with the content.

I'm surprised to hear that long distance and the "Dial 1" recording are still around. I guess it's a landline thing? Do you still have to pay for long distance?

Old 06-03-2016, 10:12 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,476,038 times
Trump:
"In Crooked Hillary's telepromter speech yesterday, she made up things that I said or believe but have no basis in fact. Not honest!"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...20347239809024

Hillary responds and fact-checks every statement with Trump's own word.
Check out the lines from Clinton’s speech, and the Trump quotes behind them:

Trump Literally Said All Those Things

Old 06-03-2016, 11:07 PM

3,536 posts, read 3,738,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
If you had watched the speech, you would know it was about the issues. She enumerated Trump's specific foreign policy statements one-by-one and then attacked those statements and stances. After the speech, her staff issued a list of source references for every issue and statement she discussed.
She didn't at any time refer to statements he made prior to entering this race nor did she deviate from her stated theme of foreign policy issues.
Don't care about her speech. She has stooped to name-calling by saying Trump's a fraud for Trump University, which isn't a political-issues topic. Same mudslinging, and she doesn't get a pass just because she wraps her passive-aggressive behavior in a nice bow.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:28 AM

617 posts, read 349,491 times
And this horrid woman has only begun to shriek! Only the most dense leftists really believe she accomplished anything. They're backing a loser, they know it, Trump will slaughter her in November, and they know that too.

clinkton makes a horribly divisive shriek and the lapdogs get all tingly. All it did was buy more votes for Trump, who, as we know is a liberal anyway so it's saul goodman.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:48 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Wow Tillys got that tingle today. What, is this your 4th thread on hillays speech? Or is there more?
So soon forgotten about the tingle in his leg to concentrate on what is to be rammed up someone's backside. That's the first place to feel Hillary's foreign policy in action. Not the best job but at least it's a paycheck.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,548,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Hillary makes one tepid speech that the MSM pretends to swoon over and suddenly Dems have tingles up and down their legs. Folks, it wasn't that great a speech. Forget Pulitzers Prizes, the MSM should all win Oscars for faking it.
Ok it was a great speech all right. Better than anything Trump has spewed in those stream of consciousness things he inappropriately calls press conferences and rallies.

It really makes me embarrassed for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Tepid? What was 'tepid' about it? Why do you think the MSM are 'pretending?' Many of them have been harshly critical of Hillary in the past. Mika hates Hillary, but raved about the speech. She doesn't gratuitously do that.

I did see a few weak attempts to criticize her from the right-wing media, but for the most part--silence. Trump didn't even bother to defend himself. I think he's run through his song list and is recycling the same old crap. Not a very creative guy. Lol--he's still bashing the judge and frankly sounded insane in his interview with Jake Tapper. I'm building a wall...I'm building a wall!

Hate to tell you, but that "Folks, it wasn't that great a speech" sounds suspiciously like Trump. So are you channeling him or working for him?
Yes, I was shocked that Mika actually came out and said something positive about Hillary. I've heard nothing from her other than praise for Bernie and criticism for Hillary this entire election season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Your opinion is certainly valid but you're in the very small minority. Her delivery has been widely praised by many who don't support her and don't agree with the content.

I'm surprised to hear that long distance and the "Dial 1" recording are still around. I guess it's a landline thing? Do you still have to pay for long distance?
Well, you know how those folks that want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN are still living in the 1950's ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections