Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 02:25 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Tears of frustration can blind a person to their mistakes. hehe
So true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 02:33 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Abridged biography:

Ana Navarro was born in Nicaragua. In 1980, as a result of the Sandinista revolution, she and her family immigrated to the United States.

Navarro is a graduate of the University of Miami. In 1993, she obtained her Bachelor in Arts with Majors in Latin American Studies and Political Science. She obtained a Juris Doctorate in 1997. She has expertise on Latin American and Hispanic issues.

She served as the National Co-Chair of John McCain’s Hispanic Advisory Council and was a national surrogate for the McCain 2008 campaign. She has played a role in several Federal and State races in Florida. Most recently, she served as National Hispanic Co-Chair for Gov. Jon Huntsman’s 2012 Campaign. She is a political contributor at CNN and CNN en Español.

In 1997, she was a special advisor to the Government of Nicaragua and in that role, she was one of the primary advocates for NACARA (Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act)

Navarro served on Gov. Jeb Bush’s transition team and served as his first Director of Immigration Policy in the Executive Office of the Governor. In 1999, she returned to the private sector and has represented private and public clients on federal issues, particularly related to immigration, trade and policy affecting Central America. In 2001, she served as Ambassador to the United Nation’s Human Rights Commission and was a strong advocate for the condemnation of the Government of Cuba for human rights abuses.

Now you know who she is.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...BDEU5bhJAfMCvA
"Navarro served on Gov. Jeb Bush’s transition team and served as his first Director of Immigration Policy in the Executive Office of the Governor."

Sounds like she's pro amnesty/pro illegal alien. Makes sense she'd be against trump on that element alone. And the bush factor and the bush's slight dislike of all things trump. In my view this all indicates she was pressured/told not to support him.

I think it's simply a game of follow the money/allegiance as in doing so, the "why" of one's actions becomes crystal clear. It's all in clear light people for those with one eye 10% open. Follow who's pulling the strings.

Last edited by stevek64; 06-04-2016 at 02:41 PM..

Old 06-04-2016, 02:43 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Reading the replies of those who support and defend this is hilarious. This style of Archie Bunker racism hasn't been acceptable in polite society for the past 30 years. Those of you who condone it - enjoy it while it lasts. This is your last hurrah.
I have a feeling many of those that support Trump and lie to defend his actions haven't left their Mom's basement since Archie Bunker was on television -- they aren't socialized, they are largely feral creatures and simply don't know any better. Normal people, hearing and seeing Trump's "here's my African American" comment would be slack jawed -- they would see it as racist.

The man talks like an ignoramus from Queens, a guy who hasn't got a clue about how to conduct himself, or even a desire to interact like a human being with other people. He's a disaster, and the GOP will pay dearly for nominating this misfit. The landslide for the Democrats -- it's going to be yuge!

Old 06-04-2016, 03:21 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So when a black guy says I'm his "n***a", it's not s nice compliment?
Who told you that? Still ignorant if it's benign or said in malice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
the fact that the judge voluntarily participates in and therefore supports race and ethnic-based activity IS relevant, just as it would be relevant, for example, if a discrimination case brought by a black plaintiff against a white defendant were put before a judge who in his spare time participates in deliberate and self-defined whites-only activities.

While it is probably not unlawful for a judge to participate in a race or ethnic based professional group, it is clearly not appropriate - and by any common sense measure, taints the judge's impartiality in matters involving race, gender, ethnicity, etc.

End of story. The pro-Clinton media can twist it to look however it wants. I understand they want Clinton to win. Most people are too lazy to read the whole story, which is fine.
WTF am I reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if he had instead said 'my african American supporter' - would the loons still be screeching and frothing?
i don't think so.
And who are the "loons" of which you speak?

Trump wrote a check his behind couldn't cash. Implications, tone, and body language reveal a person's true intentions. Coming from Drümpf, they're not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
You're not very good at pretending to be offended by Trump's loveable comment to one of his black supporters.

Trump is not a racist. It's just an easy thing to accuse someone of being racist. I don't think Trump hates black people. You probably don't either.
And what research have you found to come up with this cockamamie thesis?

You're truly a Drümpf supporter to the hilt. I'd speak more of you, but it isn't worth another infraction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
I have a feeling many of those that support Trump and lie to defend his actions haven't left their Mom's basement since Archie Bunker was on television -- they aren't socialized, they are largely feral creatures and simply don't know any better. Normal people, hearing and seeing Trump's "here's my African American" comment would be slack jawed -- they would see it as racist.

The man talks like an ignoramus from Queens, a guy who hasn't got a clue about how to conduct himself, or even a desire to interact like a human being with other people. He's a disaster, and the GOP will pay dearly for nominating this misfit. The landslide for the Democrats -- it's going to be yuge!
Open mouth and insert nasty orange, toe jam encrusted feet = Trump in a nutshell.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:01 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Why would you/anyone vote for someone with such a dismal record, especially his record for blacks that you in particular find so important?

Please read the following article/data and tell me how in the world you can you support someone like this who has such a pathetic performance record vs someone who all we have is words/no record.

Unemployment: Black voters Suffer Under Obama

And besides economically, where's obama on the chicago violence(his home town!) in the inner city that is beyond out of control?

Where Is Obama on Chicago’s Gun Violence? - Washington Wire - WSJ

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and still the problem is getting worse. And the democrats that have been running that city for a long time now and obama at the helm for almost 8 years and still, the problem is getting even more out of control. And you still would vote for him? Seriously?

I think a rational person would say a person like obama is not worth a vote based on his record. Yet many continue like yourself support this kind of pathetic performance. It's beyond bizarre to me. And clinton is 4 more years of obama so the clinton supporters completely lose me too in their illogical need of wanting more of this nonsense in the same line of obama. Do some people just like more pain/ineptness? They think blacks are getting a fair shake here/their needs are being addressed even after looking at the pathetic data that says otherwise?
Because he is better than anything we have right now that's why. I would vote for him again and again and again if I could. Its not a democrat thing or Republican thing. This is why I am a independent. You guys spend too much time blaming one another. The republicans wouldn't be able to do any better than what democrats have done with chicago and it's gun violence. Both parties have there ****ed up systems. I think Obama has done a fine Job.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:19 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Who told you that? Still ignorant if it's benign or said in malice.

WTF am I reading?

And who are the "loons" of which you speak?

Trump wrote a check his behind couldn't cash. Implications, tone, and body language reveal a person's true intentions. Coming from Drümpf, they're not good.

And what research have you found to come up with this cockamamie thesis?

You're truly a Drümpf supporter to the hilt. I'd speak more of you, but it isn't worth another infraction.

Open mouth and insert nasty orange, toe jam encrusted feet = Trump in a nutshell.

LOL, I like you. Made me chuckle.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
I don't think Trump is a racist. I think he is an ignorant, self-entitled, self-centered boor who comes out with incredibly insensitive and false statements because he doesn't have a clue. (Great example--he tweeted out condolences to Muhammad Ali, whose identity centered around his religion and who despised the comments Trump made regarding Muslims--duh.)

He makes racist comments because he has no idea how offensive he is. He is used to those around him bowing, scraping, obeying and definitely not challenging him.

He is also now playing to his base--so if they hate immigrants, he hates immigrants. If they hate Muslims, he hates Muslims. If they hate the media, he hates the media. He says whatever his fanbase wants to hear. Not really a misogynist, but someone who is used to women being decorative ornaments and trophies to make him look good (the whole alpha male thing).

The guy loves, loves, loves hearing people clapping and cheering for him, and he doesn't care why.

Trump doesn't think about racism--he doesn't think much about any issues. He acts and reacts.

When people do dare to challenge him (media questions are challenges in his paranoid eyes), he totally freaks out and comes back with idiotic statements calling them names.

This is what people mean when they say he does not have the temperament to be president. He doesn't. He would be a disgrace to the office.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:57 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Why would you/anyone vote for someone with such a dismal record, especially his record for blacks that you in particular find so important?
He's president, he governs the entire nation with all of its gorgeous diversity. Asians, Whites, Blacks, Latinos -- all 330 million of us.

So, does the president have a separate foreign policy for Blacks, another for Whites , another for Latinos, another for Asians?

Does Obama have a separate energy policy for Whites, then another for Blacks, one fort Latinos, and another for Women?

Does Obama have a separate trade policy for Blacks, one for Whites, another for Latinos, etc?

Does Obama have a different environmental policy for each group? How about a different set of health policies, water safety policies, transportation policies?

Quote:
Please read the following article/data and tell me how in the world you can you support someone like this who has such a pathetic performance record vs someone who all we have is words/no record.

No, I won't read this crap because it a bunch of lies., half-truths, fabrications and distortions.

Quote:
And besides economically, where's obama on the chicago violence(his home town!) in the inner city that is beyond out of control?

Where Is Obama on Chicago’s Gun Violence? - Washington Wire - WSJ

Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and still the problem is getting worse. And the democrats that have been running that city for a long time now and obama at the helm for almost 8 years and still, the problem is getting even more out of control. And you still would vote for him? Seriously?
Uh, he's president of the United States, not mayor of Chicago.

Quote:
I think a rational person would say a person like obama is not worth a vote based on his record. Yet many continue like yourself support this kind of pathetic performance. It's beyond bizarre to me. And clinton is 4 more years of obama so the clinton supporters completely lose me too in their illogical need of wanting more of this nonsense in the same line of obama. Do some people just like more pain/ineptness? They think blacks are getting a fair shake here/their needs are being addressed even after looking at the pathetic data that says otherwise?
Which clearly excludes you because a rational person would not be trafficking in the filth you president as "proof."

Polling of Blacks shows Obama to have a seven year average of about 85-90% approval by Blacks. As people tend to support those who they feel helps them, how do you explain this? Oh! I know, Blacks are too stupid to think for themselves -- got it!

Old 06-04-2016, 04:58 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Got him back in the news front and center, didn't it? And, who did it offend? Only the anti-Trumps. I realize a lot of racist people, those that prejudge people based on the color of their skin, don't realize that among friends of different races, when you actually aren't afraid of getting cooties from someone of another race, you can actually joke around. We don't carry a "chip" among friends.(So glad I grew up in a place that was integrated well before I was born.) A racist would NEVER EVER say what Trump did. Racists will never get it.

Education in 12 minutes regarding "racist" Trump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=FIPWYQ7ft8I

Old 06-04-2016, 05:53 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
He's president, he governs the entire nation with all of its gorgeous diversity. Asians, Whites, Blacks, Latinos -- all 330 million of us.

So, does the president have a separate foreign policy for Blacks, another for Whites , another for Latinos, another for Asians?

Does Obama have a separate energy policy for Whites, then another for Blacks, one fort Latinos, and another for Women?

Does Obama have a separate trade policy for Blacks, one for Whites, another for Latinos, etc?

Does Obama have a different environmental policy for each group? How about a different set of health policies, water safety policies, transportation policies?
Don't shoot the messanger, me, as I'm simply stating facts. I agree with you but your buddy doesn't by his words/actions. Case and point:

Obama promises 'better days' for African-Americans - Washington Times

So yes, why doesn't he promise better days for EVERYONE, not address just blacks or whatever group? Back on you.....you tell me? He should be addressing Americans, not this/that/the other group making promises. See, we agree!

Quote:
No, I won't read this crap because it a bunch of lies., half-truths, fabrications and distortions.
You won't open your mind to read it yet you define statistics from the gov led by the great one as "crap", like the big increase in welfare/assistance of blacks under obama's reign?

Is this comedy hour alfie?

Quote:
Uh, he's president of the United States, not mayor of Chicago.
Last I knew, chicago(in theory anyways) is part of the US, correct? And the gov at the fed level can't push federal resources to help in the matter in chicago?

Quote:
Polling of Blacks shows Obama to have a seven year average of about 85-90% approval by Blacks. As people tend to support those who they feel helps them, how do you explain this? Oh! I know, Blacks are too stupid to think for themselves -- got it!
I know what the polling shows. The latest gallup polling has him 90%+ approval among blacks and that's where my confusion sits. Can you tell me which part about him that they like based on his poor performance?

"
  • U.S. labor force participation has dropped during that same period, from 65.7 to 62.7 percent. For blacks in general, the damage was a bit lighter, dipping from 63.2 to 61.0 percent of available employees in the work pool. For black teenagers, however, this number cratered — from 29.6 to 25.7 percent
  • The percentage of Americans below the poverty line inched up, the latest available Census Bureau data found, from 14.3 to 14.5 percent overall — between 2009 and 2013. For black Americans, that climb was steeper: The 25.8 percent in poverty rose to 27.2 percent.
  • Real median household incomes across America retreated across those years, from $54,059 to $51,939. Though less pronounced, such finances also reversed for black Americans, from $35,387 to $34,598.
  • Food Stamp recipients between 2009 and 2013, the most recent Department of Agriculture figures show, rose from 32.9 million to 47.1 million Americans. Meanwhile, the equivalent number of blacks soared from 7.4 million to 12.2 million.
  • Home ownership slipped from 67.3 percent of Americans in the first quarter of 2009 to 64.0 in the fourth quarter of 2014. For blacks, that figure slid from 46.1 to 42.1 percent."

Perhaps he's liked because he's the most polarizing president in modern history?

Obama most polarizing president in modern history - CNNPolitics.com

That sounds frankly horrible to me and shows a poor leader who can't bring EVERYONE together and goes against your point of this guy making everyone equal. Ain't working out that way! So how can someone who is so polarizing be someone you support since this is an important thing for you?

Help me out there alfieboy where the appeal is and I'd like specific examples as I gave to you. It helps to make a point other than "I like him!" instead of stating an ideal that you want that doesn't exist in reality....actually quite the opposite environment exists with the unfortunate great division/polarization he's responsible for(he's the main leader, right?) since he's taken over yet you rave about him. And the fact that hillary to me is 4 more years of obama and talk about a lady who in my view/the view of many has been pandering to blacks in a most embarrassing/condescending/degrading way. Hot sauce? A skit many felt was racist with the mayor of NYC? The 2008 election:

http://theweek.com/articles/567774/h...-2008-campaign

Come on. I agree with you! So why in the world do blacks support clinton in such large numbers with her condescending pandering talk and after seeing the obama record?

Last edited by stevek64; 06-04-2016 at 06:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections