Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 05:42 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Because there's an...

R

...by his name.

Same can be said for the reason many Democrats will vote for the Democrat candidate.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 05:42 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
A pathetic display of GOP pols spinelessness re. the Trump racism. How can any conscious person vote for any of them?

Old 06-06-2016, 05:52 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
I think it is akin to you having that drunkard Black Sheep Brother in your family. You may not love him or what he does, but he is one of you and you have no choice. Although I am sure most Republicans are not very happy about who ended up leading their pack, he is what they have to run against the other side, so they either support him or throw in the towel completely.

It could also be that they are holding onto some glimmer of hope that the convention will see someone else miraculously pop up and be nominated. But I bet none of them are too happy about the way 2016 is shaping up for the GOP !

Old 06-06-2016, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Here was Trump saying the the US should withdraw financially from all of its foreign military commitments. Japan should pay the full freight of our defense expenses, NATO should go away as we know it. This is a 180 from everything Republican! It is what leftists have been promoting for decades. It is even to the far extreme of the leftists. And it is not just his foreign policy views. Much of his domestic agenda is in complete opposition to Republican dogma held since the Reagan days. About all I can think is that Republican rank and file never cared much for conservative positions in the first place. They were really moderate to liberal isolationists. They fell for divisiveness. Trump keeps that much of it and even expands it significantly. That's his attraction.
Yes, conservatives typically argue to hold onto and retain our foreign military commitments, now, after fighting two world wars and a cold war.

However, conservatives initially wanted the US to remain in isolation. It was always the Democrats who wanted some type of world order and who pushed us into the two world wars and got us into the LONs and the UN and who love any type of international cooperation/commitment.

Democrats only want us to retreat from foreign military commitments and NATO because they'd rather we spent the money on welfare programs.

But, the US Constitution made the federal government responsible for national defence and not for welfare programs.

Yes, our defence costs are substantial. But, the cost of isolation and of world war, is far higher. This is why conservatives now want to maintain foreign military posts and NATO participation.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
A pathetic display of GOP pols spinelessness re. the Trump racism. How can any conscious person vote for any of them?
Again, I hate Trump.

But, I really doubt he is a racist. Can you provide evidence that he is a racist, or are you simply repeating what you've heard/read?

Old 06-06-2016, 06:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Again, I hate Trump.

But, I really doubt he is a racist. Can you provide evidence that he is a racist, or are you simply repeating what you've heard/read?
I don't think he is racist either, he just knows most of his followers are.

Old 06-06-2016, 07:59 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
I don't think he is racist either, he just knows most of his followers are.
I don't think he is a committed racist, either, but his views are inherently racist. Much of this might just be the result of his upbringing by his father, who I do believe was a committed racist.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:01 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Donald Trump says he made a lot of money in deal with Gaddafi

Lowlife did deals with known terrorist

Old 06-06-2016, 08:51 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's because they have no choice, he is the leading vote getter amongst GOP voters. Now they have to either vote for Hillary, or vote for the Donald, and they will always choose the Donald, even though he is a huge embarrassment
Same reason the Dems will vote for Hillary. She is a walking billboard for pathological liars. Yet she will enjoy strong support from the democrats. The Dems will have no choice, as she is al the party has offered.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:53 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
How can anyone vote for Hillary? Her many lies, her entitlement minded arrogance. Her many failures? She has not 1 redeeming quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections