Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 07:10 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What if Trump and his supporters were telling men that they would be betraying other men and their sons by not voting for him like what Hillary and her supporters have said about women who are too repulsed by Hillary to vote for her? Oh, that would be wrong wouldn't it!

Seriously, if I find a man who is going to vote for Hillary, should I try to shame him into voting for Trump because he is voting against his gender?
Based on your attacks of Elizabeth Warren who has done nothing wrong, it appears you think only men should be president. Perhaps you dislike women or just think a man should be in charge but there have been many female leaders of other countries. It's not like we've never had a man as president - we've only had men as president for 227 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 07:12 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
You wouldn't believe how many people I know who are planning to vote for Hillary just because she's female.

They brag about it too, and with those I'm close enough to, I try to tactfully tell them that's not a good reason to vote for someone, but it goes in one ear, out the other... They're just too fixated on the novelty of 'finally having a female president!'
Wow. I don't know anyone at all voting for her because she is a woman. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country?

And I do suspect that there are guys who are voting for Trump because he is a male.

All the poor reasons for voting for a candidate balance out in the end.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:15 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Based on your attacks of Elizabeth Warren who has done nothing wrong, it appears you think only men should be president. Perhaps you dislike women or just think a man should be in charge but there have been many female leaders of other countries. It's not like we've never had a man as president - we've only had men as president for 227 years.

Neither Hillary or Warren would make good presidents. How you came to the conclusion that not liking either of them equates to "only men should be president", is beyond me. SMH.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:22 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Neither Hillary or Warren would make good presidents. How you came to the conclusion that not liking either of them equates to "only men should be president", is beyond me. SMH.
They would both make great presidents and there is a long long list of very good reasons why Trump would be a disaster for this country. No, these women are not men and are not trying to be men. They were not soldiers, their veins do not course with testosterone. Some women feel like they need a man in charge and will overlook every flaw in a man but will attack a woman over something so minor as her parents told her of her Native American heritage. IMO its an excuse for women to attack other women.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:34 PM

762 posts, read 1,750,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Our future needs Trump to put us back on the road to greatness.
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
And they also happen to be the political party of the first black president in Barack Obama. While on the other side, the Republicans have nominated a racist and bigot in Donald Trump. So much for the being the party of Lincoln! See how much things changed from 1865 to 2016? Now we're starting to sound like a repeat of Jeffrey Lord vs Van Jones.
Except Lord defended race-baiting when it was Trump comments. He was quick to blame the KKK and Sharpton, not his own guy. This was a mostly fair post honestly, Lord isn't.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:51 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
I agree OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citychik View Post
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Understand. Though also realize many people in this nation have vomited 80x more reading about the actions/antics of hillary over decades and decades now:

Hillary Clinton's Handling of 1975 Rape Case Emerges Again - ABC News

"Nevertheless, it might be the way Clinton talked - and laughed - about the trial in the audio tapes, rather than her decision to defend him that people could find off-putting."

Charity watchdog: Clinton Foundation a ‘slush fund’ | New York Post

"The Clinton family’s mega-charity took in more than $140 million in grants and pledges in 2013 but spent just $9 million on direct aid.

The group spent the bulk of its windfall on administration, travel, and salaries and bonuses, with the fattest payouts going to family friends."

Hillary Clinton broke the rules for using private email, State Department says - LA Times

Hillary Clinton's email server violated state department rules, audit finds | US news | The Guardian

"§1924. Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

(a) Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both."

Rand Paul attacks Hillary Clinton's record on women's rights - Business Insider

"Even her most strident critics could not have predicted that Mrs. Clinton would prove vulnerable on the subject," The Times' Amy Chozick wrote earlier this month. "But the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation has accepted tens of millions of dollars in donations from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Algeria and Brunei — all of which the State Department has faulted over their records on sex discrimination and other human-rights issues."

We could go on much longer with examples but I think you get the point.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:58 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,875 times
Quote:
So, you engage in personal insults. You can do better than that, can't you?

My "attitude towards women"? Seriously? Gimme a break. You obviously know nothing about me.

Once again, no woman should vote for Hillary just because she's a woman. Heck, no one should vote for Hillary at all. Period.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:19 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
And why do you drag out the same old anti-Trump links over and over again? Trump does and says something disgusting every single day? Really? What, exactly, did he do or say today that offended you?
Called Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas again in a tweet.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:21 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't know, apparently he has ties to the mafia. But Hillary did not cause anyone to die and after seven Benghazi hearings, they still have not found a way to blame her. Seven hearings. Seven long long hearings where even Republican members of the committee say the investigations are politically designed to damage Hillary. Just like Republicans investigated them for seven years over Whitewater and found nothing. Just like Republicans investigated the Clinton Christmas Card list. All of it paid for by taxpayers to the tune of many millions over many years.
As the Atlantic article points out, most of the "scandal" surrounding the Clintons is more about the investigations than the actual events.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections