Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 02:45 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,746,996 times

Advertisements

"Globalism" has NOTHING to do with international trade, it has everything to do with international Banking Families profits...it has to do with their gleeful hope that there will be a single global fiat currency, perhaps the "Rothschild" and their gleeful hope that there will be a single global puppet debtor "government" or "trade agreement".

Last edited by irspow; 07-01-2016 at 02:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 03:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,923,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
"Globalism" has NOTHING to do with international trade, it has everything to do with international Banking Families profits...it has to do with their gleeful hope that there will be a single global fiat currency, perhaps the "Rothschild" and their gleeful hope that there will be a single global puppet debtor "government" or "trade agreement".
And international trade is completely unrelated to international banking....

Old 07-01-2016, 04:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If you'll recall, European workers were even rioting over this issue back then.
Europeans are smarter than Americans on this issue (and just about every other issue).

They can't be distracted by abortion issues, or how someone is gonna take away your guns while the corporatists are busy taking away their jobs with the help of the state.

Americans are provincial rubes. If they get angry about anything meaningful, all you gotta do is give 'em a coupon for Golden Corral and they'll forget the issue entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Three points about globalism:

1. Globalism is good for America. Yeah, we lose some low-paying factory jobs, but in return we gain access to world markets to sell our stuff, and benefit from cheap prices on foreign goods. All of you people who rail against globalism better be prepared to pay 2-3 times more than you currently do for things like clothing, electronics and cars.

2. Globalism is inevitable. The genie can't be put back into the bottle, unless you want to turn the US into North Korea. Instead of fighting it, why not try to adapt so that we can gain maximum benefit?

3. Trump is a bag of hot air. Most of what he says he would do, he wouldn't really want to do, and couldn't do even if he wanted. He seems to promise to put us in a time machine and set the dial for 1955. It ain't happening, folks!
Yeah...because all we've lost are just a few low paying factory jobs. That's all. Nothing else.

*SIGH*

Old 07-01-2016, 05:18 PM

29,573 posts, read 14,720,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
70% of guns confiscated from the cartel came from USA.

70%. That's not a typo.

GAO: 70% of Firearms Seized in Mexico Came From USA

Why are they buying this many guns from us if they can go elsewhere? Because our guns are very easy to get. If we eliminate this option for them, they will still get guns but it will be a much more difficult route of obtainment. That could potentially places a choke hold on the cartel's demand for new guns or at least make guns scarcer, which would reduce gun violence, make guns more expensive in the black market, harder to get and reduce the fire power of the cartel. It will make the streets safer and gives the law enforcer an upper hand.

Talk to the illegals and many will tell you that when seeing someone gunned down on your street is a weekly ritual, and when every street in your country is like that (except for area that you can't afford), you'd pack up and move across the border too. Illegal or not.
https://www.stratfor.com/weekly/2011...0-percent-myth

Old 07-01-2016, 05:20 PM

29,573 posts, read 14,720,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ross Perot said ALL OF THIS in '91. No one cared to listen. I wish I had.

Exactly, wish he would have gotten elected.

Old 07-01-2016, 05:24 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,848,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Do you know the difference between Trump and Obama ... an R and a D. So remember, you said this, this time next year, if Trump is POTUS. Trump wouldn't know a positive direction if it jumped up and bit him in the buttocks.

I'll say it again. The two people most despised in America, became the nominees for both parties. You can't make this stuff up.

It is the clearest message I think I've ever seen the American public give and it isn't a good message.
Exactly! It stuns me how blind **********s are to this reality.

Old 07-01-2016, 05:29 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,848,562 times
Investigate Fast and Furious and then let's talk about gun running and Mexican cartels.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:03 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,611,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I think you forgot to add, Designers, Engineers, Programmers, and many other people that have lost jobs. The factory jobs are the smallest portion that got hit by globalism. And the fact that you think that is laughable. We've lost entire trades to it... Tool and Die, and Mold Making are some of them, there are many more. Globalism did nothing but destroy the middle class and helped the corporations profit. They aren't to blame though, our government paving the way for them is to blame.

I remember when it all started in my profession. Some of the young college kids kept telling us how great it is, and we need to adapt....wonder how some of them are doing now ? Huge debt from student loans and making minimum wage at the local coffee shop...bet they aren't buying into the global thing now.
Look at many of the low cost countries we offshored too are developing middle classes. Yeah, globalism was good for those at the bottom, bad when you are at the top.

You are right about one thing, I don't see it changing. In fact , if HRC gets elected it will be worse.

And I have no problem , spending two or three times more for American made items. It isn't always easy though.
Also add to this mix, local farms, that will be competing with farmers who farm in other countries. They'll be closing down farms, so there goes the local communities who depend on them to eat.

And if you haven't seen it yet, here's the new deal in town: TPP: What is it and why does it matter? - BBC News

Old 07-01-2016, 08:14 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,611,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Do you know the difference between Trump and Obama ... an R and a D. So remember, you said this, this time next year, if Trump is POTUS. Trump wouldn't know a positive direction if it jumped up and bit him in the buttocks.

I'll say it again. The two people most despised in America, became the nominees for both parties. You can't make this stuff up.

It is the clearest message I think I've ever seen the American public give and it isn't a good message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Exactly! It stuns me how blind **********s are to this reality.
Trump is telling his masses just what they want to hear. And if he says it wrong, the next week what he says changes, so as to make sure he tells the people just what they want to hear. What was it he said, something about he could shoot someone on main street in NY and the people would still vote him to POTUS? I think I got that right and the sick part about it, he's right.

Reminded me of the Beatles and the time they said that if Christ came on the day of one of their concerts, the people would be at their concert. ~ i shake my head ~

Same as with Obama. He could say nothing wrong and to date, he has done nothing wrong either, to hear some people talk about him.

It's enough to make a body wonder, what's the air like on their planet?

Old 07-01-2016, 08:41 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,187,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I think you forgot to add, Designers, Engineers, Programmers, and many other people that have lost jobs. The factory jobs are the smallest portion that got hit by globalism. And the fact that you think that is laughable. We've lost entire trades to it... Tool and Die, and Mold Making are some of them, there are many more. Globalism did nothing but destroy the middle class and helped the corporations profit. They aren't to blame though, our government paving the way for them is to blame.

Most of these jobs have been lost due to technology, not globalism. The internet allowed companies to go outside of the USA for things -- and that is what they did. They didn't even need "free or fair trade" agreements to do it. All that was needed was an internet connection.

Are you ready to give up the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections