Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 10:38 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Life is full of instances where we have no great choice. This is one of them. No, many of us are not thrilled with Hillary as the candidate, but we CANNOT ever vote for someone like The Orange One...who also lies all the time and is far more dangerous to the well-being of this country. And, many of us cannot vote for a Republican for president because of what the Republican Party has become.

So, we are stuck with selecting the better of 2 not so great choices.
Don't you realize that you don't have to vote for either Trump or Clinton?

Any lie Trump has told doesn't hold a candle to these lies by Clinton, and I still won't vote for him.

It would also be much easier for Democrats to get another candidate than for Republicans. Trust me, I wish there were a way to replace Trump.

How can you justify voting for her? The "lesser of two evils" is not a valid reason, because that excuses each party for pretty much any decision they make and keep the status quo we have been enduring for decades.

It's time to make a stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 10:39 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I must have misinterpreted your post above. I read it as you still supporting her. I apologize for that mistake.

By no means am I saying you should vote for a Republican, I'm just stating that Democrats must push for another candidate if they want to ever be able to look themselves in the political mirror.
I'll probably hold my nose and vote for here in the general but for the primaries I voted Sanders.. Trump would be a disaster and he would put us all in danger...

Old 07-05-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So taxpayers have spent how much on this Republican witch hunt which found………squadoosh?

Here's the thing: Republican voters are being told by the RNC and FAUX News they need to be upset about some emails sent from an unsecured server, and you would think this woman just made a secret pact with ISIS.

Not a word from any wingnuts when their boy lied us into a disastrous war in Iraq that killed over 4,000 Americans, wounded over 10 times that many, and killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

What have you heard from the base about that genuine fiasco? Not a damn thing. But they are foaming and frothing over 110 private emails.

Does anyone need any better evidence than how brain washed the Republican base is? They are like trained seals, FAUX News holds up and fish and they clap on command.
I can only assume that you didn't watch the Comey announcement?

You might want to watch it to see that she did lie to America about matters of national security.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'll probably hold my nose and vote for here in the general but for the primaries I voted Sanders.. Trump would be a disaster and he would put us all in danger...
Sorry, but that means you're supporting her, and my original assessment of you was correct.

If you vote for her, you'll be a hypocrite for criticizing any government action in the future.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:44 PM

1,529 posts, read 915,967 times
Judging by world reaction to the Hillary news, the US have become a laughing stock.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
Judging by world reaction to the Hillary news, the US have become a laughing stock.
They might be laughing, but we should be crying.

Our voters will excuse practically any behavior as long as the correct letter, D or R, follows the name.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:58 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The danger of Trump is a guess at this point. He might be dangerous. Or he might be completely vanilla in his policies. The man is a billionaire and those people like predictability.

With hillary we know EXACTLY what we will get:

1) fast and loose with rules that are inconvenient, even if national security is involved
2) will do or say anything to benefit herself. The extension of this is the power brokers stay powerful
3) will lie about anything
4) will ensure at least 4 years of nonstop scandals

While perhaps surprising, I'm no leftist. As an outsider, for the life of me I can't understand the attraction of hillary to the left. She is a corporatist, big money shill and represents all that is wrong with the intersection of politics and capitalism. She also strikes me as the type who will drag us into all manner of military adventures to prove how tough she is. If it weren't for her social policies, I'd say she has more in common withan establishment republicans than Bernie democrats.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:01 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Don't you realize that you don't have to vote for either Trump or Clinton?

Any lie Trump has told doesn't hold a candle to these lies by Clinton, and I still won't vote for him.

It would also be much easier for Democrats to get another candidate than for Republicans. Trust me, I wish there were a way to replace Trump.

How can you justify voting for her? The "lesser of two evils" is not a valid reason, because that excuses each party for pretty much any decision they make and keep the status quo we have been enduring for decades.

It's time to make a stand.
The "lessor of two evils" is a PERFECTLY valid reason. The time to prevent having to make that choice is during the primaries. For me that was Sanders. For you apparently you now want OTHER people to make a stand while you what? Vote for Trump? Hello-he's one of the evils. Or vote for some third party no one? Hello one of the evils for president. Your argument is nonsense. Vote logically.

Any lie Trump has told doesn't hold a candle? Wow. There is a REASON I view Clinton as the lessor of two evils. And thats because she is actually more honest then Trump. And thats horrific. They are both dishonest folks who should never be president of this country. My only hope is that when one of them gets into office they surprise me and do a good job. And I'm rooting for whichever one wins to do that.

I thought there was maybe something to the email-I thought this might end her, but nope, looks like she is fine....the theory behind that isn't horrible, but I'm not sure I buy it either..... But what amazes me is how can people ignore her "charity" while focusing on these things is mind boggling.

A pox on all of them.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:05 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
I'm certainly no huge Hillary fan but at this point keeping the racist, misogynist, xenophobic, fascist, clueless con man out of the White House is important enough that I'll hold my nose and vote for her anyway.

Hillary will have a new real or imagined scandal on a regular basis, but that's not a serious threat to the country. Putting an insane con man like Trump in could very well compromise the viability of the nation.

If he actually did the things he says he'd do, the United States will be unrecognizable (and not for the better) by the time he's done.

Old 07-05-2016, 11:05 PM

You know the main reason I won't support Trump?

It's because I THINK he's a liar. He has contradicted himself on many many things in the last 8 to 15 years. I THINK he only says what he says to get elected.

This is why I'm so disturbed by the continuing support for Hilary. I've been publicly denouncing Trump as a good POTUS just because I THINK he's a liar. Hilary is a proven liar who lied about matters of national security, and yet Democrats will still vote, support and defend her?

This just boggles my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections