Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 09:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,643,046 times

Advertisements

When Bill Clinton directly lied to the American people, I didn't really hold that against him. That doesn't mean I believed he shouldn't have been held accountable for committing perjury, but when he lied outside of the deposition, it was more of a "personal" issue for a public person.

What I can't understand is how so many Democrats will continue to support her when she directly lied to the country about matters of national security.

If you are still supporting her after this, how can you justify it?

This isn't a "I don't like her so I will assume she lied", it's a matter of fact. FBI Director Comey completely contradicts many of her direct statements. So, either she is lying or the FBI is lying, and we know it's not the FBI.

If you don't like Trump, don't vote for him. I can't stand Hilary, but I'm not going to vote for Trump.

Why can't Democrats take a stand on this? If enough Democrats had the backbone to do the right thing, there would still be time to select another person at the convention.

Do the majority of Democrats have no integrity at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 09:53 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
No, they don't care. Yes, they have no integrity.

And I wasn't voting Trump either until today. The criminal corruption of Obama/Hillary must end. If Trump is a disaster I will happily vote him out in 2020. We can't afford 4 more years of this.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:54 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,743,202 times
I don't want to say they don't have integrity. Soon I'll be label a trumpist or some other tripe.

Honestly, I can't tell you why they support her other than that's who the machine selected halfway through obama's second term and the only other person to run was mr sanders.

So, maybe lack of options and now dug in heals because they got to keep the 'orange man' out?

Old 07-05-2016, 09:56 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,378,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Judging by the number who still support Hillary and think Obama has had an open and transparent administration, you're right the majority of democrats have no integrity at all. If 51% of them did Hillary would never have their nomination.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:59 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,962,148 times
Do Democrats really not care about Clinton lying to the country?

They only care about others lying. The queen of liars gets a free pass with libs, and this is what they want to be the President of this country.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:01 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,457,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When Bill Clinton directly lied to the American people, I didn't really hold that against him. That doesn't mean I believed he shouldn't have been held accountable for committing perjury, but when he lied outside of the deposition, it was more of a "personal" issue for a public person.

What I can't understand is how so many Democrats will continue to support her when she directly lied to the country about matters of national security.

If you are still supporting her after this, how can you justify it?

This isn't a "I don't like her so I will assume she lied", it's a matter of fact. FBI Director Comey completely contradicts many of her direct statements. So, either she is lying or the FBI is lying, and we know it's not the FBI.

If you don't like Trump, don't vote for him. I can't stand Hilary, but I'm not going to vote for Trump.

Why can't Democrats take a stand on this? If enough Democrats had the backbone to do the right thing, there would still be time to select another person at the convention.

There is too much angst from conservatives who bet all the marbles on Benghazi exhaustive investigations and FauxNews peddled hope of an indictment. Time to get over it and move on.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:04 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
There is too much angst from conservatives who bet all the marbles on Benghazi exhaustive investigations and FauxNews peddled hope of an indictment. Time to get over it and move on.
It's been eight years and you haven't "moved on" from carping about President Bush. So no, we don't have to move on yet.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Judging by the number who still support Hillary and think Obama has had an open and transparent administration, you're right the majority of democrats have no integrity at all. If 51% of them did Hillary would never have their nomination.
Well, to be fair, it wasn't really a public "known" that she was blatantly lying about very serious matters until Comey made his announcement.

Maybe I'm judging too early since Comey's announcement is so fresh; however, since I've read and heard so many Democrats call this a "victory" for her, I just don't see any real change. Anybody who looked at this remotely in an objective manner has known that she was most likely lying in at least some of her statements prior to the facts we know now.

If you look at the Benghazi threads here on CD, you'll find very little participation from me that is mostly limited to valid criticism about requests for more security being denied, which is well documented.

If she directly and knowingly lied about these matters of national security, how can anybody accept her word on Benghazi?

Democrats, do the right thing and push for another candidate before the convention. Heck, there might even be a small chance I might vote for a moderate Democratic candidate over Trump.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
What does that have to do with the FACT that she has been lying to you and the rest of the country about matters of national security?

Old 07-05-2016, 10:15 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,139,388 times
I don't care that Republicans think she lied, regardless of the evidence...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections