Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2016, 10:32 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times

Advertisements

I voted for Sanders in the Primary. Only 4 reasons voted for Sanders was his stance on universal healthcare. Been in the health biz for alost a decade and current way health insurance is handled is a mess. We need universal healthcare for all and only U.S. citizens. Also need to fix mental healthcare in the US and this is a start. Also Bernie seemed the best on environmental policy not a fan of his strong goverment regulation in protecting the environment. Third reason was for legalizing marijuana. Fourth was bringing back the Glass-Steagall Act.

Now I also agree with some ideas from the Constitution a platform such as:
(From Wikipedia)
Fiscal policy -
The Constitution Party supports reducing the role of the United States federal government through cutting bureaucratic regulation, reducing spending, and replacing the income tax with a tariff-based revenue system supplemented by excise taxes. The party also takes the position that the "imposition … of Federal income, payroll, and estate taxes … is an unconstitutional Federal assumption of direct taxing authority." [80]

Social Security phase-out (Also favor privitizing SS)

Trade and foreign policies
Reduction and eventual elimination of the role the United States plays in multinational and international organizations such as the United Nations, and favors withdrawal of the United States from most current treaties, such as NATO, North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), and the World Trade Organization.

The party also believes in exercising a tariff system to counteract the United States' increasingly negative balance of trade.[82] The tariff system would levy additional import costs, the amount of which would vary proportionally with how much lower the exporting country's production costs are compared to that of U.S. companies.

Social Policies
The party supports the right to bear arms in accordance with the Second Amendment. The party believes that any attempt to make laws barring the second amendment is unconstitutional. It has taken a stand against the Patriot Act.

The Constitution Party believes that charitable giving is most effective when conducted by private parties. Because the authority to administer charity has not been granted to the government in the Constitution, the party maintains that the government has no business being involved in such endeavors. The party opposes federal restrictions on, or subsidization of, medical treatment.

Environmental policy
According to the party, eminent domain is unlawful because "under no circumstances may the federal government take private property, by means of rules and regulations which preclude or substantially reduce the productive use of the property, even with just compensation.

In regards to energy, the party calls attention to "the continuing need of the United States for a sufficient supply of energy for national security and for the immediate adoption of a policy of free market solutions to achieve energy independence for the United States," and calls for the abolition of the Department of Energy.

minimally regulated markets, a less powerful federal government, strong civil liberties (including LGBT rights), (the party supports same-sex marriage), the liberalization of drug laws, separation of church and state, open immigration, non-interventionism and neutrality in diplomatic relations, free trade and free movement to all foreign countries, and a more representative republic.

repeal of NAFTA, CAFTA, and similar trade agreements. Also leave the World Trade Organization.

However, do believe the US should still be involved with NATO and Abortion is an issue the Goverment should not get involved in.

Also for abolishing the death penalty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 11:08 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Haven't you previously started many similar threads agonizing over whom to vote for? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Old 07-06-2016, 01:04 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,295,718 times
How about Johnson?

Old 07-06-2016, 05:10 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,704,457 times
I am leaning towards Johnson. I don't know I agree with pretty much every ideal of Libertarians except environment and support universal healthcare. I feel businesses should not be allowed to discriminate and should serve everyone. Job applications can't ask past criminal records, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. For abolishing the death penalty. I am also for ending welfare over time and giving illegal immigrants chance to become citizens. I am for the push for growth and research in scientific development. Eventually transition to more sustainable energy. Don't agree with eminent domain. Also feel some federal government boards or agencies shold transition from federal to more states, such as education.

Feel the death penalty should be abolished and marijuana should be legalized. I feel Native Americans should be left to their own personal business.

I am on the fence with trade NAFTA really had a negative effect on the economy and feel TPP will as well.

Not a fan of Hillary or Trump. I feel Stein lacks experience. Still on the fence about Johnson. Not sure who to vote for.

First presidential election don't feel like voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections