Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 03:34 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Yep. My thought was that Trump ought to watch his back. Cruz looks like the type to carry a grudge and a knife.
Cruz carries a gun (CCW) Donald is the one who mocks and belittles anyone who doesn't venerate him. He is still in a twist over comment from years ago about his small hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 03:36 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Cruz's prime time speech will be step 1 in his 2020 campaign. He won't endorse Trump because that would be held against him in 2020. But he will pander to the Trump delegates and supporters. He has from now until November to craft his speech so as to exactly thread the Trump/neverTrump needle.
He still has big donor campaign money so can use that to hire the best speech writers and consultants.

Not sure it'll work though. One of Cruz's biggest liabilities is his tendency to overthink and overplan.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Cruz's prime time speech will be step 1 in his 2020 campaign. He won't endorse Trump because that would be held against him in 2020. But he will pander to the Trump delegates and supporters. He has from now until November to craft his speech so as to exactly thread the Trump/neverTrump needle.
He still has big donor campaign money so can use that to hire the best speech writers and consultants.

Not sure it'll work though. One of Cruz's biggest liabilities is his tendency to overthink and overplan.
Really? Tell us more! I love insider info on politicians!

Old 07-07-2016, 04:17 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Cruz will endorse Trump, no question.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Cruz will endorse Trump, no question.

And the moon is made of cheese.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:33 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Based on what Trump's slaves I mean surrogates are telling the media, I conclude Trump ordered his surrogates to force Cruz to endorse Trump. Trump is desperate and he cannot understand why his support numbers don't increase so he is going after those republicans who supported Cruz but won't support him.

I heard one of Trump's bimbos today and she demanded (not asked) Cruz to "grow a pair" and support Trump. Fuc..ing idiot. That is NOT how you win people. Trump also threaten some senators that if the didn't endorse him he would make sure they don't get re-elected. Dumbass Trump thinks he can intimidate everybody all the way to the White House. I bet that's the main reason why so many people are not endorsing him yet, he doesn't ask people to endorse him, he threatens people that if they don't endorse him, he, his surrogates and his followers(a bunch of internet trolls) will destroy them. Same S... he did with Megyn Fox... Remember when Corey threaten Fox News?

Donald Trump is the biggest piece of s... that has ever existed in this Universe.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:39 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Based on what Trump's slaves I mean surrogates are telling the media, I conclude Trump ordered his surrogates to force Cruz to endorse Trump. Trump is desperate and he cannot understand why his support numbers don't increase so he is going after those republicans who supported Cruz but won't support him.

I heard one of Trump's bimbos today and she demanded (not asked) Cruz to "grow a pair" and support Trump. Fuc..ing idiot. That is NOT how you win people. Trump also threaten some senators that if the didn't endorse him he would make sure they don't get re-elected. Dumbass Trump thinks he can intimidate everybody all the way to the White House. I bet that's the main reason why so many people are not endorsing him yet, he doesn't ask people to endorse him, he threatens people that if they don't endorse him, he, his surrogates and his followers(a bunch of internet trolls) will destroy them. Same S... he did with Megyn Fox... Remember when Corey threaten Fox News?

Donald Trump is the biggest piece of s... that has ever existed in this Universe.
It's easier to attract bees with honey rather than vinegar. Something basic that Trump doesn't seem to understand.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:51 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
As long as Cruz isn't the VP pick, I don't care what they meet for. Cruz on the Trump ticket would cause me to vote 3rd party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Cruz did not comment to media when he left the meeting. Donald is trying to strong arm an endorsement from the man he accused of cheating on his ugly wife and accused his father of murdering Kennedy. In return Donald will deign to allow Cruz to speak at HIS convention.

Reince Preibus was there to mediate.

My thoughts. Cruz will not publicly endorse Donald. Cruz will speak at the Convention.
Quote:

And the moon is made of cheese.
Sorry if that offends you.
There is no way Trump would allow him to speak without
an endorsement, or positive statement, or cheer... whatever it will be..

even if its VP.

JUST. BEAT. HILLARY.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:51 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Really? Tell us more! I love insider info on politicians!
No insider info, just observation - I'm a Texas Dem who along with many here would love to figure out a way to beat him so we watch him closely.
By overthinking and overplanning, I meant he lives almost entirely inside his head - schemes and strategizes, makes long-term detailed plans. This leaves him inflexible and unspontaneous. As I said, the convention speech will be step 1 in his plan to capture the 2020 nomination. He'll work so hard on it that he's in danger of appearing robotic on stage; he'll proceed with his detailed plan regardless of how the speech plays. He doesn't know how to adjust his sails.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Sorry if that offends you.
There is no way Trump would allow him to speak without
an endorsement, or positive statement, or cheer... whatever it will be..

even if its VP.

JUST. BEAT. HILLARY.

An endorsement is not the same thing as "cheer." And Donald does not OWN the convention. He is not the Dictator of the RNC. Cruz has every right to speak at the RNC because he was a nominee and is entitled to address his delegates.

Donald is the one who needs Cruz to speak at the convention to give some sense of "unity" of the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections