Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 11:53 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Personally I'd say elect Melania President. Best speech I've heard since John Kennedy.

For that matter Michelle would have been better than Obie too.

Besides after 200+ years we deserve a HOT first lady!
I know Bill Clinton is going to vote fer her..lol

Old 07-18-2016, 11:54 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Difference is, Melania spoke with conviction and heart. Baraks "wife" stood up there like she was forced to spit out through gritted teeth a speech even she didn't believe. Melania is a beatiful, graceful woman, whilst Manchelle looks like a cafeteria lady chastising you for taking too much butter pats off the tray.
So you don't care about the content. Why don't you just elect a centerfold and give them the nuclear codes? If Michelle Obama had repeated Melania's words and claimed them as her own, Trump and the GOP would be BALLISTIC. What's more, he insults President Obama for eight years, then his wife uses Michelle Obama's words? Unforgivable.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:55 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've seen reports that melania worked on this speech "for weeks" so .... i'll be curious to see if the campaign switches position and blames the speech writer ( ..... or just ignore and deflect when called on it ).

Melania Trump Basically Copies a 2008 Michelle Obama Speech at the RNC | E! News
It's disgusting that mtrump stole the speech. Period.

Last edited by tangelag; 07-19-2016 at 12:28 AM..

Old 07-18-2016, 11:55 PM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
I'm not being nasty, but these are the options. It wasn't some whacked out conspiracy. She claime to have written it with a little help from a writer. Either she lied and plagiarized it, or the writer did. I keep seeing this denial over and over from Trump supporters. It's never easy to admit you have been duped, but it has happened to all of us at some point. I'm just amazed that instead of seeing the reality some are choosing to search for another conspiracy and follow it down the endless rabbit hole. Now, we have people posting that others have done it too, so that makes it okay.

A loud contingent of Trump supporters hate the Obamas. You honestly think that it's okay to copy a speech from the woman who this party has spent the last eight years vilifying. No one with a brain is going to buy that.
OK, I am NOT a Trump supporter, so please do not categorize me that way. In addition, I've done extensive research on both candidates and I most certainly wouldn't categorize myself as a Clinton supporter either. In other words, I'm not one of the herd. Are you?

Old 07-18-2016, 11:56 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Difference is, Melania spoke with conviction and heart. Baraks "wife" stood up there like she was forced to spit out through gritted teeth a speech even she didn't believe. Melania is a beatiful, graceful woman, whilst Manchelle looks like a cafeteria lady chastising you for taking too much butter pats off the tray.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. She spoke with conviction that she stole her speech from Michelle Obama. I don't know what is more funny, her stealing her speech or Trump supporters making excuses for her.....actually it is the excuses, I can't stop laughing at the excuses you guys keep coming up with.

Blindly follow your overlord no matter how much the Trump's lie to you.

1,268 posts, read 798,631 times
Quote:
I honestly can't stop laughing. This is absolutely sad. The difference is Michelle did it FIRST. Which is more genuine? Comical as hell!

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Trump supporters are full of excuses, excuses, excuses. I don't recall MLK making any speeches today, and even if he did copy another person's speech, it doesn't make what Melania's plagiarism any better, it is still a stolen speech.

You clueless fool....Melania's speech doesn't mean anything.....MLK speech is history and put in every history book and taught in every school and college.

the difference is Melania's speech is not going to be taught in schools and be made into a national treasure.....MLK was made part of our history....GET IT? that speech wasn't his, he was a fraud! MLK stole that speech and they made that speech into a National TREASURE.

If you put the 2 on the same level you are really clueless.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
You honestly think that it's okay to copy a speech from the woman who this party has spent the last eight years vilifying. No one with a brain is going to buy that.
Exactly. This times a billion.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:59 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,578,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Excuses, excuses, excuses. She spoke with conviction that she stole her speech from Michelle Obama. I don't know what is more funny, her stealing her speech or Trump supporters making excuses for her.....actually it is the excuses, I can't stop laughing at the excuses you guys keep coming up with.

Blindly follow your overlord no matter how much the Trump's lie to you.
Really trying to sweep something like this under the rug your guy is showing his true colors again when a min of 10million people were watch more fire power for Clinton

Old 07-18-2016, 11:59 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
You clueless fool....Melania's speech doesn't mean anything.....MLK speech is history and put in every history book and taught in every school and college.

the difference is Melania's speech is not going to be taught in schools and be made into a national treasure.....MLK was made part of our history....GET IT?

If you put the 2 on the same level you are really clueless.
Aww, name calling, you are a bag full of excuses tonight. Oh and what you are doing is called deflecting..

So was it wrong for Melania to steal her speech from Michelle? Yes or no, I don't need any of your excuses....though I do promise to laugh at all the ridiculous excuses that I will probably get instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections