Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 03:16 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Right. We know she is beautiful. Adores Michelle Obama. And has been unfairly harassed and maligned but hystetical Clinton supporters for three days all because of the error by a professional writer. �� Oh yes, let's not forget she adores Michelle Obama in case any one missed it. ��

Mission accomplished. She is probably one of the most well known people in the world right now. And oh yes, they probably picked up thousands of votes and losing zero because no one cares one iota about this except some hystetical Clinton supporters and a dumb medi realizes that they have been had.

For someone like me who enjoys observing how politicians operates, and how the easily manipulated media and social media reacts, this has been delicious.
Man, you are dense. Her plagiarism wasn't a big deal. She could have easily walked with a few words; however, people will remember how it was handled. Reasonably, you can assume this is how Trump handles things. If you think doubling down on denial, even having surrogates blaming a children's animated character, made Trump look presidential your just not bright. Add to that, he had all of you plus all other republicans denying accusations, making-up conspiracies, and generally looking like buffoons.

Today, they admit it was a mistake. All of you still look like buffoons as you try to act like it was some Jedi mind game or no big deal. The actual plagiarism was no big deal. That was said many times during and after the event. The denial, My Little Pony, vitriol for Michelle Obama, and wild conspiracies made you look nuts. It also demonstrated how Trump and his team would handle anything--like buffoons. I know you desperately want to believe that he is playing mind chess, but in reality, he isn't. He has unbridled hubris, erratic narcissism, and glaring incompetence. He's not playing.

769 posts, read 783,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
be consistent....you can't give MLK a pass and go after Melania.
MLK is dead.

For a more relevant example: When you say "crooked Hillary" do you, for consistency reasons, also call him "extremely crooked Donald" or are you giving Trump a pass? Because according to fact checking sites he lies much more than Hillary.

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
"allegations" forced him to withdraw? I thought he had more mettle than that, especially if it's truly just "allegations".

Hmmm.
OH, it wasn't just "allegations". He committed plagiarism. The allegations forced him to withdraw, because he could not rebut them, and his credibility was seriously damaged. While he returned to the Senate and rebuilt his reputation so that he could run again two decades later is a testament to his political ability, and to the short memories of the American electorate.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:27 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
MLK is dead.

For a more relevant example: When you say "crooked Hillary" do you, for consistency reasons, also call him "extremely crooked Donald" or are you giving Trump a pass? Because according to fact checking sites he lies much more than Hillary.
IF he 'lies', as you call it, at least it's not about matters that affect national security.

For that matter, most people tell some untruths and that may well include you. I wouldn't be upset about it, though, unless that put the rest of us in jeopardy.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:33 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Trump has vastly more organizational skills than Bammer will have on the day he dies...
Yet he couldn't organize a well-written speech for his wife, nor could he organize a coherent campaign response to the subsequent brouhaha. Couldn't organize a non-ridiculous logo when he announced his vice president candidate. At this point, I rather doubt he could organize a p.ss-up in a brewery.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:36 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Next thing you know they'll be comparing her to Lucifer or some crazy thing.
Ha Ha Ha Ha…
(It's crazy time in Cleveland!)

Old 07-20-2016, 03:38 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
This was kindergarten stuff.

The really good stuff will be revealed during the debates.

Politicians are manipulating the electorate all of the time. All of the time. That is how they make $153 million from Wall Street.

Too easy!!

I know the mods are on the sideline waiting for me to say something. I'm not falling for it. I've already been suspended way too often.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:06 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,802,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
IF he 'lies', as you call it, at least it's not about matters that affect national security.

For that matter, most people tell some untruths and that may well include you. I wouldn't be upset about it, though, unless that put the rest of us in jeopardy.
And so you believe Trump is not lying to you that he will flight ISIS with only a very few boots on the ground?

I do believe that is a National Security lie involving the US going to war.

Or he can make Mexico pay for a fence for National Security.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:15 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,511,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Right, liberals are losing their minds. Did you miss Trump's campaign manager blaming the animated character Twilight Sparkle of My Little Pony fame? I guess you might have to first have a mind to lose it, but trust me, it's not the liberals.
And you have no idea how bad it is for the left.. At first have to have a mind to lose, laughable....

Old 07-20-2016, 04:17 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,431,797 times
Too many off topic posts and nothing new and constructive added.

CLOSED
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections