Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 01:46 PM

497 posts, read 428,854 times

Advertisements

OK then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
The Trump organization is not trying to get the vote of the media nor do they care how the media covers it. They wanted one message, Melania side by side with the person who she adores, Michelle. In the long run, that is all people will remember: the next First Lady.

People hated the Charmin commercial when it first came out.

The big and deciding battle that will decide the war is the first debate. That's it.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:48 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,635,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If you can believe that Trump purposely plagiarized a speech as a publicity stunt, then that just mean the scope of the conspiracy and hidden agenda is boundless and defies logic!

In which case, don't blame me for using the same logic that you do.
This was kindergarten stuff.

The really good stuff will be revealed during the debates.

Politicians are manipulating the electorate all of the time. All of the time. That is how they make $153 million from Wall Street.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Nope. Especially this split screen with Michelle looking absolutely gorgeous and genuine in HER words.
Right next to Melania who is equally gorgeous and displaying adoration for the First Lady. What a beautiful homage, don't you think?

Old 07-20-2016, 01:56 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,787,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
I actually felt bad for Melania, BUT do you feel the same way about Michelle Obama or when her daughters were attacked that one time?

Unfortunately that is what sucks about politics. Spouses and children feel the burn on both sides. What I find shocking is that Trump is just as nasty, if not one of the nastiest people when it comes to throwing insults at people. Remember how he made fun of Marco Rubio sweating? I love how Trump supporters cry foul, when the one who insults the most, Trump, gets a taste of his own medicine.
Politicians are completely fair game. Spouses are (for the most part) fair game.

But Children are (or should be) completely off limits. I don't remember the Obama kids getting attacked, but if they were....then the poster(s) should be ashamed of themselves, and if it was a professional writer, they should get their #ss kicked (or fired).

I was amazed at various comments about the Bush daughters during his 8 years as pres. It was ridiculous & slimy.

Discussing Rubio's sweating or Bill's weakness for the ladies is fair game though.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:58 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I'm curious---how do you know she has a lot of character? I didn't know that all that much was known about her. She attended higher education briefly. Worked as a model. Married a very wealthy man.

And lots of people grew up and lived under Communism---not sure they all developed great character!

And a positive impact on America? I'm not sure any First Lady has---or should---had a big impact on America. She's not the one voted in. She's not the one who the power is entrusted to. So, sure, a little vanity project, like they all do. But a very positive impact? Let's keep it real here...
Everybody attacks her and then you are saying she doesn't matter?? I learned a lot about people when I worked with the public more than 20 years. I saw a person with character giving a speech she would rather not have had to do but she hit it out of the ball park. It wasn't all about her and I don't think anybody but the news mentioned her dress. It took three tries for Trump to get it right but my opinion is that he has a winner as a wife.

That she knows about communism was not part of my evaluation of her character. That she has character will help convey the message about communism if she so choses.

Those vanity projects have made many positive changes in America.

Obama wanted Michelle to get paid for being first lady. The Clintons told us we got two for the price of one. Hillary has already served two terms if we got two for the price of one. She shouldn't be allowed to run. LOL

Last edited by NCN; 07-20-2016 at 02:12 PM..

Old 07-20-2016, 02:00 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,478,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I will split hairs here and say that Melania paraphrased more than she plagiarized. it's a fine line, but she herself did not steal any language verbatim. The fact that Obama, Biden, and countless others did the same thing doesn't make it okay. It was a screw-up on behalf of the writers. I believe she said she wrote it to not throw them under the bus, but that's JMO.

What's amusing to me, and proof that the liberal media are vengeful idiots, is that Melania spoke for 35 minutes and overall gave a great speech. Nobody in the Clinton loving media gave her any credit for that and they only cherry-picked a few words. That is a sad indictment of how blind they are and how they only hear what they want to hear.
She took words, phrases and sentences VERBATIM. She PLAGIARIZED.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:04 PM

20,476 posts, read 12,402,260 times
im pretty sure there weren't 137 pages of hand wringing from liberals when Obama plagiarized Duval Patrick and a few others....

Im pretty sure there was no concern when Hillary dug up Eleanor Roosevelt's turn of a phrase or two...

And I am DEAD CERTAIN not a single liberal even batted an eye when Joe Biden was selected by Bammer to be his running mate... even though we all know that Uncle Joe plagiarized practically the entire life of a British MP....

So now its a disqualification for Trump that his wife like a few words from the current first lady and lifted them?

Old 07-20-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
She took words, phrases and sentences VERBATIM. She PLAGIARIZED.
Wrong. She adores Michelle Obama and shared Michelle's wonderful thoughts with the speechwriter who mistakenly included them in the speech. The speech writer apologizes for the hysteria he caused in the media.

Of course, the Trumps did not accept his resignation because they are very loyal.

You gotta love it all. Thumbs up to whoever thought this up for playing the media so perfectly.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:08 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,472,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post

Observe the desperation among Clinton supporters in this thread.

My suggestion for those who are tired of desperate and corrupt politics is to exam the third parties ....
you make the false assumption that by simply calling out the comedy that is "the trump show" that makes me a clinton supporter. i'm not. i'm a life-long registered independent and have voted third party in multiple previous elections.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
you make the false assumption that by simply calling out the comedy that is "the trump show" that makes me a clinton supporter. i'm not. i'm a life-long registered independent and have voted third party in multiple previous elections.
Again, I am directing my thoughts to fellow forum members who are as concerned about the major candidates as I am. There are two very viable candidates running for the Libertarian and Green parties who are not engaged in the shenanigans of the major parties. I am suggesting of people are disgusted with corruption as I am that these two candidates are worth a look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections