Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you disgusted with BOTH candidates?
Yes 89 68.46%
No 41 31.54%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:18 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,629,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

So, you aren't voting for Clinton directly, just indirectly? That is your choice, I'm not taking away your choice. Go for it!
I didn't realize there was a way to vote indirectly.

As I understand it I vote directly. I will vote for Stein.

Others will vote directly for a corrupt politician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 08:29 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The fragmentation of reason is effecting crooked Hillary supporters who are running an empty campaign. Empty of success, accomplishment, empty of character and decency with blood on her hands of people under her command in the state department. Anyone that would lie to the families and accuse them of being liars to cover her own failures is unfit for any role in public life.
Supporting crooked Hillary is supporting the decent of America into anarchy. No one could be expected to put their life on the line by order of such a loon. This is a corrupt politician who wants to destroy jobs and industry to champion another industry that the markets can't and won't support throwing the economy into chaos and destroying the lives of people to put them on government assistance.
She doubles down on stupid and can't recognize the problems created by bureaucracy while creating more bureaucracy of elites to decide what direction to take the country. She has no vision for the country. Her only vision is to rob the nation and fill her slush fund foundation with booty while operating in secret to hide her criminal intent.
If I were to accept that 1/3 of what the right has thrown at Hillary were true, it would be obvious that you are speaking truth.

IMO, the harsh rhetoric from both sides that anybody who has a different life experience is a mentally deficient lying moron is what is indecent.

After watching the brouhaha over Mrs. Trump's speech, what is clear to me is that Donald Trump cannot even hire a competent campaign team. How is the big business man going run this nation and the world?

We are in a sorry condition this election year. Nobody who is voting third party on the forum has given us an idea of how their candidate could govern if they were elected.

For the 1st. time in my adult life, I will not vote for anybody in the POTUS race.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:30 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Clinton is corrupt and a liar for sure. Even knowing this she is still a much better choice than the idiot Trump. Anyone who thinks Trump can't take us further down the drain is delusional. My vote will be anti-Trump not pro-Clinton.

Disgusted with both? One certainly, the other, pretty close.

I guess I'm in the opposite camp. Anti Clinton, not pro Trump.

Not really happy with either choice.......But.......

Anyone who thinks the over the top, corrupt, lying Clinton won't take us further down the drain is delusional.

So I have to take a chance on Trump. He may, or may not be a disaster. Clinton, most certainly will be a disaster.

I have voted third party in the past. A few months back, I was pretty certain I would be again. However, since I am in Florida, I think a third party vote only helps the worst of two evils. And at this particular point in our history, something needs to change. Nothing will change with Clinton, at least not for the better.

This isn't the year to play games with our future, by voting third party. It's a waste. Better off picking whom you think is the lesser evil, and hope for the best. Then again voting at all may be a waste, but again.......one chance (not a very good one) is all we have at this point. A third party cannot possibly win.

CN

Old 07-19-2016, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If I were to accept that 1/3 of what the right has thrown at Hillary were true, it would be obvious that you are speaking truth.

IMO, the harsh rhetoric from both sides that anybody who has a different life experience is a mentally deficient lying moron is what is indecent.

After watching the brouhaha over Mrs. Trump's speech, what is clear to me is that Donald Trump cannot even hire a competent campaign team. How is the big business man going run this nation and the world?

We are in a sorry condition this election year. Nobody who is voting third party on the forum has given us an idea of how their candidate could govern if they were elected.

For the 1st. time in my adult life, I will not vote for anybody in the POTUS race.
Watch how incessantly attacking Trump's wife backfires on the Democratic Apparatchiks. They are being played like a violin. Amateurs next to Trump's team.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:38 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Disgusted with both? One certainly, the other, pretty close.

I guess I'm in the opposite camp. Anti Clinton, not pro Trump.

Not really happy with either choice.......But.......

Anyone who thinks the over the top, corrupt, lying Clinton won't take us further down the drain is delusional.

So I have to take a chance on Trump. He may, or may not be a disaster. Clinton, most certainly will be a disaster.

I have voted third party in the past. A few months back, I was pretty certain I would be again. However, since I am in Florida, I think a third party vote only helps the worst of two evils. And at this particular point in our history, something needs to change. Nothing will change with Clinton, at least not for the better.

This isn't the year to play games with our future, by voting third party. It's a waste. Better off picking whom you think is the lesser evil, and hope for the best. Then again voting at all may be a waste, but again.......one chance is all we have at this point. A third party cannot possibly win.

CN
Its this type of rhetoric that is repeated over and over every year. Its always "the most important election of our lifetime" or "the lesser of two evils" and its just not true. People should feel free to vote for who they align with most.

Why in the world would I give my vote to Trump or Clintion when I find them equally repulsive and dangerous. It makes zero sense.

Its funny that you say 'its not a game' then go on to use warped game playing analogies of picking the lesser of two evils, that in itself is a game being played rather than voting for the best candidate.

I have no expectation of Johnson winning even one state, let alone the election. My objective is to help him gain the 5% popular vote that will get the Libertarian party funding in 2020 which not only should bring visibility and better Libertarian candidates, but also help by having their candidate add a 3rd voice to help shape the debate. You are right, its not a game, and its not an instant gratification scenario where arbitrarily picking the lesser of two evils is appropriate. Pick the candidate you have some conviction for, but don't minimize the actions of others like myself who are taking a more long term view instead of just feeding into the cyclical 4 year regiment of picking the lesser of two evils, because guess what, they just keep getting more evil.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:39 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:

Yes, I understand. I too have wrestled with the thought of simply skipping that portion of the ballot.

My conscious bothers me, will I put my blessing on one of the two evils doing us further harm? I'd rather not. But again, I'm in Florida. I conceivably can do as much damage by abstaining from voting for one or the other, or a third party.

I'll hold my nose.......and I'll support the only logical choice.

CN

Old 07-19-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Its this type of rhetoric that is repeated over and over every year. Its always "the most important election of our lifetime" or "the lesser of two evils" and its just not true. People should feel free to vote for who they align with most.

Why in the world would I give my vote to Trump or Clintion when I find them equally repulsive and dangerous. It makes zero sense.

Its funny that you say 'its not a game' then go on to use warped game playing analogies of picking the lesser of two evils, that in itself is a game being played rather than voting for the best candidate.

I have no expectation of Johnson winning even one state, let alone the election. My objective is to help him gain the 5% popular vote that will get the Libertarian party funding in 2020 which not only should bring visibility and better Libertarian candidates, but also help by having their candidate add a 3rd voice to help shape the debate. You are right, its not a game, and its not an instant gratification scenario where arbitrarily picking the lesser of two evils is appropriate. Pick the candidate you have some conviction for, but don't minimize the actions of others like myself who are taking a more long term view instead of just feeding into the cyclical 4 year regiment of picking the lesser of two evils, because guess what, they just keep getting more evil.
Yes, in case someone hasn't noticed, it is getting more and more corrupt. Corruption does not automatically go away, especially if the electorate keeps voting for the lesser of two evils.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:42 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:

I have no problem stating that my 3rd party choice of candidate (Johnson) will not get elected, not even a chance. I'm not voting to get him elected, I'm voting in hopes of seeing some long term change and helping a legitimate 3rd party get some traction. Like I've said before, I don't view this as an instant gratification scenario, if we continue this path of voting for the lesser of two evils, or not even supporting anyone I don't see how that helps the situation. It may not even be in your lifetime that change happens, but the ball has to start rolling somewhere.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:42 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
[quote=richrf;44812491]
Quote:
I didn't realize there was a way to vote indirectly.
Well now you are.

Quote:
As I understand it I vote directly. I will vote for Stein.

Others will vote directly for a corrupt politician.
If Stein was thought to be a threat by crooked Hillary and the spotlight was on Stein like it is Trump she would be defending against an unrelenting cascade of attacks many that wouldn't have basis in fact. What crooked Hillary doesn't have she will manufacture. That is the Clinton history.

I hope OP you are successful and convince many more to vote 3rd party. It won't hurt Trump IMO.
I would like to see a three or four person debate in the general. What will it take to get Stein there ?

Old 07-19-2016, 08:44 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I think many voters feel a vote for a third party candidate is a wasted vote. I believe it is the strongest vote one can make.

I've voted 3rd party in the past - and yes I believe my vote was wasted - as the person who I absolutely refused to vote for always won ( Bill and Obama ) - hence - I'll take Trump over Hillary any day unless you can show me that Johnson gets over 40% of the vote and could be elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections