Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If election day were today. ... you would vote for????
Hillary Clinton 80 37.91%
Donald Trump 101 47.87%
Gary Johnson 19 9.00%
Jill Stein 11 5.21%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 07:41 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,528,145 times

Advertisements

I think this is a pretty good snapshot of what the election is going to look like, the only difference might be if Gary Johnson can get into the debates and get the Libertarian message out, it might bump the third party vote up or down a little. What's really sad is that only slightly better than half the voting population gets out and votes, then only slightly better than half of that vote in our new president. That means, at best, about 25% choose our president, because its a winner take all contest. Half of the people eligible to vote just don't care, absolute voter apathy.

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-24-2016, 11:32 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
I think this is a pretty good snapshot of what the election is going to look like, the only difference might be if Gary Johnson can get into the debates and get the Libertarian message out, it might bump the third party vote up or down a little. What's really sad is that only slightly better than half the voting population gets out and votes, then only slightly better than half of that vote in our new president. That means, at best, about 25% choose our president, because its a winner take all contest. Half of the people eligible to vote just don't care, absolute voter apathy.

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson
What this particular poll does not pick up are the undecideds particularly Independents, who are still a substantial part of the larger polls and in the Reuters Poll are voting 2:1 for Trump. Their main issues are law and order, and the economy. Clinton, for the most part, must depend upon fear to motivate and Independents don't really respond to fear as much as self-named Democrats.

The election is very close.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:32 PM

68 posts, read 105,419 times
Hillary. Easy choice.

Tim Kaine is my senator, and I'm quite happy with him on the ticket as well.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:43 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
for a very short time, I mean very short, I thought I might vote for Johnson, but my brain outvoted my heart: I am voting for Trump.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:24 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
One thing about this poll is its as neutral as it gets.
A real rarity here, where most polls that are posted have some comment to do with where the creator's sentiments lie and color the results accordingly.

Right now, this unofficial little poll has reflected all the big ones pretty darned closely. It's going to be interesting to see how far it divulges, if it does, from all the massive work done by the professionals.

I think that, by the end, it will reflect which side is more active here than anything else. i don't know if I will be surprised or not just yet.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:38 PM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
What this particular poll does not pick up are the undecideds particularly Independents, who are still a substantial part of the larger polls and in the Reuters Poll are voting 2:1 for Trump. Their main issues are law and order, and the economy. Clinton, for the most part, must depend upon fear to motivate and Independents don't really respond to fear as much as self-named Democrats.

The election is very close.
Right, the Democrats are the ones try to evoke fear into people. Did you not hear Trump's speech?

Old 07-24-2016, 07:17 PM

551 posts, read 583,026 times
The Brexit shock result has given me hope the people still have a voice. I truly hope for the sake of our nation Clinton doesn't get elected (well, "elected"). I fear the fix has been in.. I am not a huuuuuge Trump fan, but there is much riding on this. The balance of the Supreme Court, for one. Choosing to sit this one out is plain foolish.

I will say, Trump as a person doesn't impress me, but I do believe he loves America and, importantly, trusts the average Joe to make his or her own decisions rather than relying on a nanny state. After eight years of being told to do what the government thinks is best (for them, of course, rather than me) Trump's statements about personal accountability are particularly refreshing. His acceptance speech at the RNC was excellent, on the money, and energized me as a voter. Naturally the media went berserk but there was nothing there that was doom and gloom, he spoke only of reality- for the rich, the poor, blacks, whites, Hispanics, men, women, etc.

I certainly hope Sanders supporters feel the Bern now that we all KNOW the DNC and Hillary fixed the primary for her. While I agreed with less than 10% of Bernie's platforms, I respected the guy and felt a genuine love for our country. What happened to him is a total outrage - something many suspected (including myself) but the evidence makes it all the more clear, Clinton is the personification of corruption. There's no way she didn't know about the fix! NO way. Just like the other email scandal..she seems to always get a pass. I hope voters are paying attention!

Old 07-24-2016, 07:24 PM

3,799 posts, read 2,698,580 times
I certainly will not vote for Trump.
I certainly will not vote for Clinton.

I cannot in good conscience vote for either of the major party candidates this time around.

I am without a candidate this election.

I need to know more about the other two, the minor party candidates, but I will pick one of them come election day.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:29 PM

106 posts, read 74,777 times
Gary Johnson

Old 07-24-2016, 07:30 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Right, the Democrats are the ones try to evoke fear into people. Did you not hear Trump's speech?
I see you are still preaching hate and prefer to vote for the lying murderess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections