Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 06:50 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
As I said, if his intention was to sell out from the beginning, then he should have said so. On the contrary, he vowed to take his fight to the convention.
He DID say he would sell out and endorse the nominee! All the freakin' time! He put pressure on the DNC threatening turmoil at the convention knowing full well it was IMPOSSIBLE to get the nomination at that time.

If you really didnt believe him every time for the past year when he said he would endorse the Dem nominee and fight to prevent Trump from becoming president, that is YOUR problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 06:54 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,555,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
What you don't grasp is ok, it matters best where it matters best, therefore, you are welcome to your view
You're the one that doesn't get it. But keep reading and watching the drivel that the DNC dictates to their donors. Doubt you have a clue what happened when MSNBC stepped out of line and criticized DWS.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:55 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
I thought his values fundamentally contradicted Hillary's... but now he endorses her? What a disappointment.
His values fundamentally contradict Republicans.

As he said all along. He didn't run because he hated Clinton. He said more than once that he liked and respected her. He wants to push the envelope farther to the left than she does. There are real differences between them, but those differences are not nearly as great as the difference between Sanders and Republicans.

Not sure why you're disappointed. He is as crystal-clear a politician as exists on the face of the earth. If you didn't understand that about him, you weren't listening very well.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:57 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,631,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
He DID say he would sell out and endorse the nominee! All the freakin' time! He put pressure on the DNC threatening turmoil at the convention knowing full well it was IMPOSSIBLE to get the nomination at that time.

If you really didnt believe him every time for the past year when he said he would endorse the Dem nominee and fight to prevent Trump from becoming president, that is YOUR problem.
You know, he sold out, caved in, buried himself in doo-doo right before his supporters eyes. It was nice of Clinton not to ask him to kiss her feet on national TV. Good for him. A wonderful way to end a career. Heck, it's his life not mine. From where I stood it was one of the great sellouts of all time, though Tsipras' was more disgusting. All I can say, is I know what it means to be asked to sell out and I know how it feels to walk away.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
You know, he sold out, caved in, buried himself in doo-doo right before his supporters eyes. It was nice of Clinton not to ask him to kiss her feet on national TV. Good for him. A wonderful way to end a career. Heck, it's his life not mine. All I can say, is I know what it means to be asked to sell out and I know how it feels to walk away.
Why you didnt listen to him every time he said he would endorse the nominee, I dont understand.

Surely, you can not be surprised that he endorsed (AKA caved in, buried himself in doo-doo, sold out etc etc etc)?

Old 07-28-2016, 07:00 PM

1,092 posts, read 833,712 times
I have always heard that "every man has his price." Would be interesting to hear what his price ultimately was.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:03 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,631,471 times
Quote:
Why you didnt listen to him every time he said he would endorse the nominee, I dont understand.

Surely, you can not be surprised that he endorsed (AKA caved in, buried himself in doo-doo, sold out etc etc etc)?
You know, there are all kinds of ways to keep a commitment. What he was asked to do, and what he did, was completely and totally sell out his supporters. I'm surprised they didn't make him slap his face in front of Katie Couric. Does he want acclamation for what he did? He should call Tsipras who knows all about the Big Sellout.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
You know, he sold out, caved in, buried himself in doo-doo right before his supporters eyes.
This Sanders supporter knew darn well that if he didn't win the nomination, he would do everything he could to support the eventual D nominee. He said it OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.

My area, which is full of boomers and middle-aged people, overwhelmingly supported Sanders, and the majority of our state delegation was Sanders delegates. We understood very clearly that Sanders intended to support Clinton if he lost.

I'm nearly Sanders' age and I'm a bit deaf, but apparently there are a lot of people in this forum whose hearing and/or comprehension problems are far worse than mine.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:06 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,555,288 times
Quote:

He also said he'd fight up until the end. I didn't see a fight at all. The proof of the rigged election came out and he just shrugged his shoulders. That's not fighting for the little guy, his supporters, his donors. He gets no sympathy from me. A "revolution" does not roll over when the establishment says so.

He could've ended his campaign without endorsing her and kept his integrity and self respect. Now they expect all these Sander supporters to say YES to corruption and plutocracy and act like their little democratic acolytes? F them.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
You know, there are all kinds of ways to keep a commitment. What he was asked to do, and what he did, was completely and totally sell out his supporters. I'm surprised they didn't make him slap his face in front of Katie Couric.Does he want acclamation for what he did? He should call Tsipras who knows all about the Big Sellout.
So tell us what type of endorsement of Hillary you would have been satisfied with, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections